The Snows Of Settled Science

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

The pole heads out of Canada but stays in the north like we do. Where the pole is may be where winter starts but that same winter lags three to six weeks depending on the distance from the pole, maybe. It looks like we get what they get more or less four to six weeks later. I already see lots of snow six weeks behind the Siberian experiance this season. Our winter will mimic there's. God save us.

It's the land mass in combination with the EM shift. Opposites attract. Siberia is a massive opposite in relation to our watery Arctic.

Mowich
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

F-ck! Will we ever make it back to averge?

What's average, pete.

I grew up in Sask and spent the next 20 odd years of my life there. When I was a kid in the 50s my sisters and I used to toboggan off the second story of our farmhouse - if I can find them, I'll post the old black and whites my Dad took. Then slowly over the years the snowfall kept decreasing and in all the years following until I moved to BC, we never once came close to the amount of snow I experienced as a kid.

I've lived in this province for over 30 years now and darned if I haven't see the same thing happening here. We had around 3 feet of snow my first winter. Then each year after that there was less and less - though we did have a bump in the record three years ago after a week's worth of snow left 3 to 4 feet in places. Overall though what we have seen here is a noticeable decrease in the amount of snow, warmer winter temps and earlier spring melts.

Winter has yet to arrive here this year. The water table is so high, a small portion of my basement flooded. For the first time since I bought my place, the well is full to brimming and it has been that way since mid-June - a far cry from the previous year when my neighbor was good enough to replenish it for me - 3 times. The ground remains unfrozen and the snow we've had is quickly gone by midday or morning.

I'm beginning to wonder if we will ever see average again.

Danbones
Record cold coming to ‘almost entire USA’ – Low temperature records set to be SHATTERED
Record cold coming to ‘almost entire USA’ – Low temperature records set to be SHATTERED | Climate Depot (external - login to view)

don't everybody hate me all at once...

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by DanbonesView Post

Record cold coming to ‘almost entire USA’ – Low temperature records set to be SHATTERED
Record cold coming to ‘almost entire USA’ – Low temperature records set to be SHATTERED | Climate Depot (external - login to view)

don't everybody hate me all at once...

Why? Just because you can post bullshyte doesn't mean that it's going to happen.

Locutus
sure fukkin' warm this morning. Lol

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

sure fukkin' warm this morning. Lol

We've had double digit temperatures for almost all of November. That's something new.

DaSleeper
Winters in Canada change all the time....We older guys seem to remember only the extremes which happen all the time. I can remember a Christmas when I was young with no snow on the ground, and the next year we were snow bound, and couldn't even get out for two days...
I've seen pússy willows starting to sprout in a mild spell between Christmas and New Year in '74 and a thunder storm in Feb. a few years later.
You know.....I have truly not seen any such swings in temperature in the last 30 years, except about 10 years ago, practically no snow at Christmas but -20C from 2 weeks before and lasting through the winter.....

Folks this global warming **** is a tax grab and only fools fall for it!!

no new posts