Rise in CO2 has greened Earth

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Naturally, being the BBC, we're all still doomed to die in an oven, because, theories.

Carbon dioxide emissions from industrial society have driven a huge growth in trees and other plants.

A new study says that if the extra green leaves prompted by rising CO2 levels were laid in a carpet, it would cover twice the continental USA.

Climate sceptics argue the findings show that the extra CO2 is actually benefiting the planet.

But the researchers say the fertilisation effect diminishes over time.

They warn the positives of CO2 are likely to be outweighed by the negatives.

but anyway...

Rise in CO2 has 'greened Planet Earth' - BBC News

Mostly unrelated to the story, but worth repeating:
And Judith Curry, the former professor of Earth and atmospheric sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology, added: "It is inappropriate to dismiss the arguments of the so-called contrarians, since their disagreement with the consensus reflects conflicts of values and a preference for the empirical (i.e. what has been observed) versus the hypothetical (i.e. what is projected from climate models).

Tree Leaves - Small Dead Animals

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
It's horrible, there's more to eat and burn and it grows agian on the ashes Obviously we need more CO2.

I hope to see the notorius theory put to death along with its adherant. idiots

Naturally, being the BBC, we're all still doomed to die in an oven, because, theories.

Carbon dioxide emissions from industrial society have driven a huge growth in trees and other plants.

A new study says that if the extra green leaves prompted by rising CO2 levels were laid in a carpet, it would cover twice the continental USA.

Climate sceptics argue the findings show that the extra CO2 is actually benefiting the planet.

But the researchers say the fertilisation effect diminishes over time.

They warn the positives of CO2 are likely to be outweighed by the negatives.

but anyway...

Rise in CO2 has 'greened Planet Earth' - BBC News

Mostly unrelated to the story, but worth repeating:
And Judith Curry, the former professor of Earth and atmospheric sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology, added: "It is inappropriate to dismiss the arguments of the so-called contrarians, since their disagreement with the consensus reflects conflicts of values and a preference for the empirical (i.e. what has been observed) versus the hypothetical (i.e. what is projected from climate models).

Tree Leaves - Small Dead Animals

That means they smell the rat, under the porch, the CO2 rebellion, CO2 is good for us, that's why they don't want us to have it free. I'm going to burn a hundred acres next winter. It'll all be back in thirty years, thanks to CO2.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Funny, times of above normal warming led to the glory of rome and the reniasance, while mini ice ages brought us such wonderful things as the dark ages, and in the 1800s some 200 years ago, the year without summer.
Seems simple enough. People starve in the colder times, and flourish in the warmer times.
Can't have that now can we.
Cheer up though:
Bill Gates is on Youtube telling us he would like to reduce the worlds population by 15 percent through use of vaccines.
Just to help ease the food crunch in the coming global cooling cycle I suppose.
...and maybe like they do with chickens, pigs, and cattle:
to fatten the rest of us up to help the rest of us stay fed.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
"Fertilization effect diminished over time"? (from the OP)
um...
Plants eat Co2, animals eat plants...
humans eat 'em all!

Last edited:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
After decades of attacking cavities they decid'ed to focus on CO2 an otherwise beneficial gas, they demonized a gas, the miseducated public swallowed it whole, about twenty tow people in total, next time you want to get elected try making CO2 legal fat head fart laying dead eggs in the PMO. God save Canada

We are awash in communists and satanist and most importantly idiots. They will fix it.

"Fertilization effect diminished over time"? (from the OP)
um...
Plants eat Co2, animals eat plants...
humans eat am all!

Elementry food chain EFC, they don't teach that in school no more. The stuff dosn't grow in the can sister.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Carbon fixation in more ways than just turning CO2 into sugars flora uses to be more robust and store more than enough sugars and proteins in the fruit and seed for the next generation.

Horrible.