When is the right weather.

Fletch132

Dec 9, 2015
We have been running a shopping complex here in Toronto for years and the building in which we are running the business is quite old. I have been thinking of doing some renovation and roof repairing for it. But before fixing up any appointments with the commercial roofing contractors I wanted to confirm whether the weather is right for the repair work or not. Could anyone suggest me as to when is the correct time or weather to start up a repair work for a building.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
We have been running a shopping complex here in Toronto for years and the building in which we are running the business is quite old. I have been thinking of doing some renovation and roof repairing for it. But before fixing up any appointments with the commercial roofing contractors I wanted to confirm whether the weather is right for the repair work or not. Could anyone suggest me as to when is the correct time or weather to start up a repair work for a building.

Depends on the duration of the project. You might want it complete before June or November.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
roofers generally allow for weather, it's there every day
twas me, I'd look for least interference with customers vs off (slow) season construction pricing
maybe after your big clearance sales, and just before your big season restock
Taranna winter is not too bad for construction

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

With the weather that Toronto is having this winter, any old time will probably do. You might even get a deal, right now.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
There used to be a really neat (and really irritating) jingle written by George Blackburn that sang "Why wait for spring do it now when there are men who know how" - and I can't find it anywhere but it's good advice

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Yes it is a business that attracts low lifes.

Virtually any business or enterprize where there is money to be made attracts low lifes. It's the height of ignorance to characterize a trade/profession by individual employees.

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Lotsa gypsies doin roofing and screwn people over jlm. That;s been happenin for some time

Boy you are opening up a lot of territory there! It's really better we don't get into because it could take volumes to investigate thoroughly so you come out the other end with the correct answers. :)