Why Paris climate summit was a useful fraud

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
really?

James Hansen, one of the first scientists to warn about global warming, calls the just-completed Paris climate summit a “fraud.”

And, of course, he is right.

Strictly speaking, the summit was fraudulent. It committed none of the 195 nations attending to do anything substantive to combat global warming.

It recycled goals of past United Nations climate-change summits without providing a mechanism for attaining them.

It was welcomed by countries that emit large quantities of greenhouse gases because, ultimately, it required nothing of them.

Still, the Paris agreement could end up being a useful fraud.

really

Why Paris climate summit was a useful fraud: Walkom | Toronto Star

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I read his article, I suppose he'll be disappeared from the debate or just ignored. Anyway it seems the stink of this giant pile is finally being picked up by the masses, maybe.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
At least the way the carbon tax would work finally got exposed a little more. $2T/year and by 2100AD it will have cooled the earth 1/100 of 1 degree. No wonder the details were always a tad vague. That is with manufacturing running at bare minimum so the middle class will become the poor and the current poor will become even more expendable.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
I'm of the opinion that AGW has been flailing for years. It's fortifications of unanimous support (or imposed orthodoxy) in academia and even the moderate environmental movement is crumbling as its prognostications become ever more outrageous.. and its apocalyptic horizon moves ever more distant into the future.

NONE of its immediate predictions have been realized. In fact they've had to repackage their spiel to 'Climate Change' as it become evident that 'Global Warming' is simply not happening. Those receding glaciers have begun to advance again.. the disappearing polar ice pack has reemerged with avengeance. So they move on to other short term cyclical events to make their case.

It's just become evident to all that the 'solutions' to a nonexistent problem.. are simply too expensive and economically destructive to tolerate. I'd be surprised if any of the 'voluntary' limits on carbons and investment in the 3rd World 'Clean Technology' were realized.. once they are removed from the arm twisting and threats of the Climate Summit. It's getting to the point where only a few dorks and maniacs really believe in this stuff.

The great breakthrough and consensus trumpeted as the outcome of the summit were simply smoke and mirrors.

Last edited:

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I'm all for reducing emissions to make the air more breathable wherever those emission occur.....
Or any kind of pollution, water, air, whatever...
Only...............
Enough of this global warming bullshìte...........

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I'm all for reducing emissions to make the air more breathable wherever those emission occur.....
Or any kind of pollution, water, air, whatever...
Only...............
Enough of this global warming bullshìte...........

Reducing emissions in Canada, will do NOTHING for the over all "pollution" of the world nor will it do anything appreciable when it comes to "global warming".

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Reducing emissions in Canada, will do NOTHING for the over all "pollution" of the world nor will it do anything appreciable when it comes to "global warming".
Exactly... which is why I'm all for local emission limitations, but I will not preach to Toronto if it doesn't affect me in Kapuskasing.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
You may end up using more energy in Kapuskasing than people in Toronto do, just to keep warm in the winter. We are bound by our geography to use more energy than most of the world and it will always be thus.