Antartic Ice Growing

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Or just reverse the whole scheme...

We've cooled the earth too much! We need to warm it back up!

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Not to worry, Justine will tax us and everything will be better. Oh look, I see a unicorn.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
This thread should be merged with the Our Cooling World thread.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
meh I think it will be a few decades before there will be net losses of ice over there. ATM, Antarctic is gaining more than it is losing. You cannot just expect 25 million cubic kilometers of ice to just disappear over a weekend or whatever and it would not do that even if there was no new ice forming.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
There won't be any loss whatever till old Sol perks up and he don't have to do that any time soon in fact word has it that this is the onset of a little ice age, hopefully. I'm going to follow the lead of my fellow posters and start burning everything in the yard. I think I can adjust the timing on my ride so it spews carbon in a thick blanket behind me.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
There won't be any loss whatever till old Sol perks up and he don't have to do that any time soon in fact word has it that this is the onset of a little ice age, hopefully. I'm going to follow the lead of my fellow posters and start burning everything in the yard. I think I can adjust the timing on my ride so it spews carbon in a thick blanket behind me.
erm Antarctica is losing ice (mostly sheet ice) but it is doing that at a slower rate than it is gaining surface ice. Sol does not have to perk up for there to be ice loss.
I am glad that none of you leave near me. I do not like the smell of burnt rubber, burnt plastics, burnt diesel, burnt gasoline, burnt much of anything. STAY AWAY FROM ME