Hope you had a nice earth hour

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Bob Mackin ‏@bobmackin #Vancouver #EarthHour tour: one of David Suzuki's houses #vanpoli

#Vancouver #EarthHour tour: Chip Wilson's "golden mile" mansion #vanpoli

Bob Mackin ‏@bobmackin #EarthHour #Vancouver tour: Chip Wilson-owned bldg, where Vision Vancouver and Stratcom are HQ'd. #vanpoli

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The irony is that, if we continue with current green policies, the lights will go out permanently.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I do when it's dark.
well I will turn a light on here and there as needed but it is seldom needed

I live up quite high and never close the curtains as there are no buildings even remotely close to me or as high, thus I get natural light all evening...if the tv is on or even a little light over the stove, it's quite easy to see everything...even my Kobo has a back light for reading so no need for a light on even for that

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Kobo eh? Does it crash and freeze Every 10 minutes?
nope

I did have booting problems with the first one I bought, I took it back, picked up a new one and it's awesome..I love my Kobo, it's always in my purse with me

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I have their Arc 7 HD and it's junk. The only thing it's good for is the micro HDMI. Even then you can't watch a movie or go app stuff without it going south if you touch it after starting watching. Really nice video and audio when it works.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I have their Arc 7 HD and it's junk. The only thing it's good for is the micro HDMI. Even then you can't watch a movie or go app stuff without it going south if you touch it after starting watching. Really nice video and audio when it works.
aaaaah, well the Kobo that I have is nothing but a book...it was a birthday gift last summer and buddy wanted to buy me something that did everything and we argued about that

I just wanted a book that was backlit, he finally understood it was my gift and so he folded

this is the one for me

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
This one is heading back to kobo for a replacement. I called their "customer care" in Mumbai last week and have a service ticket for a new one under warranty. Something tells me I won't be happy with it either.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
This one is heading back to kobo for a replacement. I called their "customer care" in Mumbai last week and have a service ticket for a new one under warranty. Something tells me I won't be happy with it either.
awe that's too bad...I find most electronics now to be inferior compared to even five years ago...too many glitches, everything built to be replaced I don't know how we change it but something has to give

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Prior to the kobo I had a $60 Chinese tablet that ran circles around the kobo. It was a 3G phone and had the micro HDMI too. I had best send thisoff on Monday or it will be pretty damn boring ssitting in the tractor cab for 20hrs a day for a week come seeding next month.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Prior to the kobo I had a $60 Chinese tablet that ran circles around the kobo. It was a 3G phone and had the micro HDMI too. I had best send thisoff on Monday or it will be pretty damn boring ssitting in the tractor cab for 20hrs a day for a week come seeding next month.
yeah get 'er done son.... I hate how quality has vanished and at the same time, I can't live without my techie stuff