Conservative White Males Climate Skeptics

grainfedpraiboy

Electoral Member
Mar 15, 2009
Alberta The Last Best West
"It's not a biological or gender thing," he said. "It's a political thing." Liberal white males are more accepting of government regulations and challenges to the status quo because it fits in their political ideology, he said.

"When you start talking about climate change and the need for major changes, carbon taxes and lifestyle changes, [conservatives] see this as a threat to capitalism and future prosperity," said McCright. "So conservatives tend to be very negative towards climate change."

Why Conservative White Males Are More Likely to Be Climate Skeptics - Scientific American

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Well I for one am a conservative about some things and near NDP on others but
the fact is the people who are promoting climate change and the world coming to
an end are the same ones who want me to buy all new stuff to save money the
problem is the debt that would result would make it expensive. Of course all the
new stuff is way over priced. Some want us to pay forty bucks for a dollar fifty nine
light bulb. ain't gonna happen I bought tons of the old lights.
Every time I hear this crap I feel like going out into a parking lot and letting my trucks
350V8 run for half an hour.
Imagine people believing they can stop climate change? Its been happening for centuries
and it won't stop anytime soon as for people being left or right buying in to this that
too is nonsense. It is unlikely I would vote conservative and I think the whole thing is a scam

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Well I for one am a conservative about some things and near NDP on others but
the fact is the people who are promoting climate change and the world coming to
an end are the same ones who want me to buy all new stuff to save money the
problem is the debt that would result would make it expensive. Of course all the
new stuff is way over priced. Some want us to pay forty bucks for a dollar fifty nine
light bulb. ain't gonna happen I bought tons of the old lights.
Every time I hear this crap I feel like going out into a parking lot and letting my trucks
350V8 run for half an hour.
Imagine people believing they can stop climate change? Its been happening for centuries
and it won't stop anytime soon as for people being left or right buying in to this that
too is nonsense. It is unlikely I would vote conservative and I think the whole thing is a scam
There are profiteers in both camps , just look at the oil companies and the way they are making their profit. How long ago have they been in the red during a quarterly?
That said those wind mills are not making electricity cheaper than Hydro.
If it is such a scam this global warming the change of cleaner air is at least one we can live with.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Oh it's a wedge issue for sure.

The government likes that though because it's easy to play to the base on both sides.

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009
How about 'Conservative White Males are Less Likely to Drink the Cyanide Kool-Aid"

What utter nonsense

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009
gee, I wonder if this thread will stay on topic or it will devolve to where we see a steady-stream of posts from those intent on conflating weather with climate!

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Conservative White Males Climate Skeptics

Oh dear. It's the evil, nasty white male again. They'll all be eating babies soon.

If anything, all this proves is that the white male is less gullible and has more commonsense than everybody else.

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009
given the recent U.S. election results, a timely reflection on the guy in line to likely become the Republicans choice to head the U.S. Senate's Environment and Public Works Committee... avowed climate change denier, Oklahoma Senator James Inhofe said
God's still up there. The arrogance of people to think that we, human beings, would be able to change what He is doing in the climate is to me outrageous.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
There are profiteers in both camps , just look at the oil companies and the way they are making their profit. How long ago have they been in the red during a quarterly?

That statement is dead wrong..... Next time you read some headline about an oil company making big profits, go to the webpage and look up their financials, you'll notice that they have invested billions over the years... Now that investment in time, money and efforts is paying-out.

The bigger the risk equates to a bigger reward.