"The Pause"

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Ever notice there's an explanation for everything? First it was global warming
then climate change and now a pause with a dire warning that if we all don't
drink the koolaide the world will end as we know it.
Its like the end of the world predictions there is always a reason it didn't happen
but repent or it will. the whole thing is a load of crap and everyone is starting to
figure it out.
The real part of this is the corporate giants hijacked the greenies message and
have raised the price of everything and created a recycling industry where we
buy things at inflated prices return them when finished and they make profit at
both ends getting to reuse the material to sell to us again at high prices while
the government taxes us for the privilege of buying the product in the first place.
It is the biggest scam in history and we all buy in thinking we are doing something
useful.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
The data they used did point to that conclusion, they missed the boat when updates weren't made to allow social progress but also the long range change will see fluctuations before the change is complete. The east coast could remain mild for a long time while inland would be much colder earlier in the season and lasting longer as well.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
What are the believers going to call it when it starts getting colder again? How about the regression? Will this be reason for much hand wringing and transfering of wealth from warm countries to colder ones to help them cope with excessive snow?

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
NASA has run the numbers.

August, 2014 was the hottest August since records were kept of these things starting about 130-years back.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Assuming that's true, what's the relevance? Aren't warmists always bashing deniers for using short-term temperatures to deny warming? How is it different when warmists do it?

Oh, yeah, because warmists are RIGHT! Forget I asked.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Assuming that's true, what's the relevance? Aren't warmists always bashing deniers for using short-term temperatures to deny warming? How is it different when warmists do it?

Oh, yeah, because warmists are RIGHT! Forget I asked.

Hey I'm on the fence as far as the 'climate change' goes. I just try to enlighten to what Science types are seeing.

a) I don't care because there's not much I can do about it.

b) I won't be around if temps really gets intolerable.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Hey I'm on the fence as far as the 'climate change' goes. I just try to enlighten to what Science types are seeing.

a) I don't care because there's not much I can do about it.
But there is. You can work, more or less hard, depending on your inclinations, to promote anti-pollution and pro-environment measures that both improve life on the planet (or your patch thereof) and could ameliorate the warming, if warming there be. Instead of chasing pie-in-the-sky "solutions to warming" that may have no effect at all.

b) I won't be around if temps really gets intolerable.
Same here. And I don't have kids. Far as I'm concerned the universe can blow up five seconds after I die. But if you're gonna do something, do something sensible and productive.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Ever notice there's an explanation for everything? First it was global warming
then climate change and now a pause with a dire warning that if we all don't
drink the koolaide the world will end as we know it.
Its like the end of the world predictions there is always a reason it didn't happen
but repent or it will. the whole thing is a load of crap and everyone is starting to
figure it out.
The real part of this is the corporate giants hijacked the greenies message and
have raised the price of everything and created a recycling industry where we
buy things at inflated prices return them when finished and they make profit at
both ends getting to reuse the material to sell to us again at high prices while
the government taxes us for the privilege of buying the product in the first place.
It is the biggest scam in history and we all buy in thinking we are doing something
useful.

Dude. Corporations created the green movement and brainwashed everyone into giving them valuable resources for free.