Steyn’s scorching new legal brief on the Michael Mann ‘defamation’ case

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Mark Steyn has submitted an amicus curiae brief in the CEI/National Review -vs- Mann and it has some interesting language. Unfortunately, since it is a scan of printed document, rather than a PDF conversion, I can’t excerpt as easily, so I have to use screencaps.

Mann’s goal is to drag things out.

Steyn lays out what it is all about – punishment by legal delay and the expenses it brings:

The issue is broader than just Mann’s delicate sensibilities:

The “Nobel laureate” that wasn’t caused delay while he fixed his own self-serving lies:

Read it all here: http://www.steynonline.com/documents/6514.pdf

Mann has himself a peck of trouble taking on Steyn, who isn’t going to roll over and take it. Kudos to him for this brief exposing Mann for what he is; a fabricator of falsehoods in full view of the court.

Steyn’s scorching new legal brief on the Michael Mann ‘defamation’ case | Watts Up With That?

JunkScience.com ‏@JunkScience

Why did @MichaelEMann amend his original complaint against @MarkSteynOnline et al? Mark says: http://goo.gl/jOljbu

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
Ooh, that is a-scorching. I wonder what impact all those big words will have on the radiative properties of a carbon dioxide molecule?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Mann initiated the first law suit against a few people... Some of those folks have called his bluff and are also counter-suing.

Mann is working to delay, dismiss and avoid this issue to the point where there are (is) now Court orders for him to produce his data... He is refusing (to date)... These are not the actions of a claimant/defendant that feels confident in their position.

Grievous

Time Out
Jul 28, 2014
Whitby
Mann initiated the first law suit against a few people... Some of those folks have called his bluff and are also counter-suing.

Mann is working to delay, dismiss and avoid this issue to the point where there are (is) now Court orders for him to produce his data... He is refusing (to date)... These are not the actions of a claimant/defendant that feels confident in their position.

Is he now?

Wonder how his law suit is going against Tim Ball?

It's a great distraction.....wonder who will win?

What does that mean for science and this crazy claim of C02 and warming.

We shall see.....but like all the other garbage....it won't disprove a thing regarding AGW.

AGW is more political now thanks to morons like Al Gore and David Suzuki.

The scientists in the trenches are the ones who pay which is why guys like Mann had to fight back.

Good for him.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
Meh. I don't like the idea of launching lawsuits because you don't like what someone said. And for what? Mark Steyn will get more mileage out of it than anyone, because it keeps him in the spotlight. I hope Mann loses or, even better, the case gets tossed.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Is he now?

We shall see.....but like all the other garbage....it won't disprove a thing regarding AGW.

The scientists in the trenches are the ones who pay which is why guys like Mann had to fight back.

Good for him.

Yes

Poorly.. He allowed it to lapse which has resulted in Ball being able to freely go after Mann... Poor strategic move on Mann's part

No more distractions... Time for Mann to man-up

It means that there will be a semblance on objectivity and responsibility required of those doom-sayers that peddle fantasy

AGW died a couple of years ago

that comment is hilarious

Not really. His reputation and career are on the line

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Is he now?

Good for him.

Mann has NO intention of EVER letting any of this stuff actually get to court, as that might require he defend his research.....an impossible task. So he simply punishes those who attack him by forcing them to take on the great time and expense of defending themselves.

Read and learn.

Real Nobel Laureate Takes Pity on Fake Nobel Laureate :: SteynOnline

He made a HUGE mistake when he attacked Steyn.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The whole (yes, retracted once he was caught) 'I won the Nobel Peace Prize' bullsh!t shows the extent of this douchebag's ego and rounderism.