The mental midgetry of being green

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
friends, I'm not even kidding you...some of these intellectual giants are molding the minds of the children, or something...anywho, have a gander:

NYU Professor’s “solution” for global warming is literally one of the most insane things ever…

'His name is Matthew Liao, and he's the director of the Bioethics Program, because of course he is. He says that "we should combat global warming by genetically engineering humans so they are shorter and allergic to red meat."'

more

NYU Professor’s “solution” for global warming is literally one of the most insane things ever… | Young Conservatives

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
it's also not that easy being that stupid...I think he's mad because he's short to begin with. :lol:

He's under the Faculty of Philosophy at NYU. Philosophers aren't generally known for their practical problem solving skills, lol.

I find the majority of all the climate/environmental "debate" to be tedious and far too filled with rhetoric to even begin to make sense of any of it. Seems to me that simple ideas like less wastefulness are not bad things to consider, wasting is generally not considered to be a good thing, whether we're talking about individuals, cities, nations or the entirety of the human race. So there is merit in some of the notions that are buried way deep down in even most of the overblown arguments, in my opinion.

But when you reach a point where re-engineering the human race is your plan B, I think it's probably time to completely rethink your plan A.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

"Come on, Trixibelle! Stop hugging that tree! Your quorn burger's getting cold!"

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I got a better solution: Anyone that believes that humans are causing global warming should remove themselves from the gene pool for the common good.

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014
He must have been listening to the Foxtrot album by Genesis

This is an announcement from Genetic Control:
"It is my sad duty to inform you of a four foot restriction on
humanoid height."
"I hear the directors of Genetic Control have been buying all the
properties that have recently been sold, taking risks oh so bold.
It's said now that people will be shorter in height, they can fit
twice as many in the same building site.
(they say it's alright),
Beginning with the tenants of the town of Harlow,
in the interest of humanity, they've been told they must
go-go-go-go."