Evaluating Sea Ice

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
“I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!” –Captain Renault, Casablanca
This just about sums up the attitude on Antarctic sea ice which continues to break records, this time doing so about 10 days after the average annual peak.

This article is what caught my eye:

Spiegel Surprised By “Amazingly Robust”, Record Antarctic Sea Ice – NASA's Walt Meier Bewildered, Can Only Speculate

Additionally, the Arctic has recovered to almost the mid-point of the past 35 years (satellite era) – still nothing to write home about as it's still below normal.

But, it's certainly a stunning increase in ice/snow compared to the death spiral year of 2007 at this same time of year.

I explained why at the Heartland conference last year, but of course no one on the other side want to listen to any idea that they don't support or haven't thought of.

When the Pacific and Atlantic enter their warm cycles – like we saw in 1978 in the Pacific and the early 90s in the Atlantic – the increase in heat to the atmosphere is seen most where it's coldest and driest as it takes less energy to heat something that's very cold than to heat something that's warmer. Here's the dirty little secret: The sun heats the earth, and the earth heats the air above it. The warming of the Arctic is cyclical in nature from decades, perhaps even centuries of action and reaction to all the natural forces that affect the climate.

(Once again, here is Dr. Gray's idea on this, also presented at Heartland, but something he has been talking about since the 1970s.)

much more

Evaluating Sea Ice — The Patriot Post

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
4. The Ocean as the Primary Driver for Global Climate Change
This paper hypothesizes that it is variations in
the global ocean’s Meridional Overturning Cir

That paper looks like a good trashing of AGW nuttiness. But the ocean is powered by the sun making it ,the sun, the primary driver of the planets climate. We never hear anything about Polar Bears these days.