The Miracles of Christ

herald

Electoral Member
Jul 16, 2006
1......Water turned into wine. John 2:6-10.
2......Nobleman's son healed. John 4:46-53.
3......Centurion's servant healed. Matt 9:5-13.
4......Draughts of fish. Lu 5:4-6;John 21:6.
5......Devils cast out. Matt 8:28-32;9:32,33;15:22-28;17:14-18;Mk 1:23-27.
6......Peter's wife's mother healed. Matt 8:14,15.
7......Lepers cleansed. Matt 8:3;Lu 17:14.
8......Paralytic healed. Mk 2:3-12.
9......Withered hand restored. Matt 12:10-13.
10....Impotent man healed. John 5:5-9.
11....The dead raised to life. Matt 9:18;Lu 7:12-15;John 11:11-44.
12....Issue of blood stopped. Matt 9:20-22.
13....The blind restored to sight. Matt 9:27-30;Mk 8:22-25;John 9:1-7.
14....The deaf and mute healed. Mk 7:32-35.
15....The multitude fed. Matt 14:15-21;15:32-38.
16....Jesus walking on the sea. Matt14:25-27.
17....Peter walking on the sea. Matt 14:29.
18....Tempest stilled. Matt 8:23-26;14:32.
19....Sudden arrival of the ship. John 6:21.
20....Tribute money. Matt 17:27.
21....Woman healed of infirmity. Lu 13:11-13.
22....Dropsy cured. Lu 14:2-4.
23....Fig tree blighted. Matt 21:19.
24....Malchus healed. Lu 22:50,51.
25....Performed before the messengers of John. Lu 7:21,22.
26....Many and diverse diseases healed. Matt 4:23,24;14:14;15:30;Mk 1:34;Lu 6:17-19.
27....Jesus's transfiguration. Matt 17:1-8.
28....His resurrection. Lu 24:6;John 10:18.
29....His appearance to the disciples, the door being shut. John 20:19.
30....His ascension. Acts 1:9.

Courtesy of the MacArthur Study Bible.

31....Creation. John 3:3.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I'll believe one when I see one and can find no reasonable explanation for it. As the guy, if he existed at all, is dead. I'm not holding my breath. As far as getting secondhand info about "miracles" from a book, no. There's nothing more believable in the Bible than there is in Dr. Seuss books.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
1......Water turned into wine. John 2:6-10.
2......Nobleman's son healed. John 4:46-53.
3......Centurion's servant healed. Matt 9:5-13.
4......Draughts of fish. Lu 5:4-6;John 21:6.
5......Devils cast out. Matt 8:28-32;9:32,33;15:22-28;17:14-18;Mk 1:23-27.
6......Peter's wife's mother healed. Matt 8:14,15.
7......Lepers cleansed. Matt 8:3;Lu 17:14.
8......Paralytic healed. Mk 2:3-12.
9......Withered hand restored. Matt 12:10-13.
10....Impotent man healed. John 5:5-9.
11....The dead raised to life. Matt 9:18;Lu 7:12-15;John 11:11-44.
12....Issue of blood stopped. Matt 9:20-22.
13....The blind restored to sight. Matt 9:27-30;Mk 8:22-25;John 9:1-7.
14....The deaf and mute healed. Mk 7:32-35.
15....The multitude fed. Matt 14:15-21;15:32-38.
16....Jesus walking on the sea. Matt14:25-27.
17....Peter walking on the sea. Matt 14:29.
18....Tempest stilled. Matt 8:23-26;14:32.
19....Sudden arrival of the ship. John 6:21.
20....Tribute money. Matt 17:27.
21....Woman healed of infirmity. Lu 13:11-13.
22....Dropsy cured. Lu 14:2-4.
23....Fig tree blighted. Matt 21:19.
24....Malchus healed. Lu 22:50,51.
25....Performed before the messengers of John. Lu 7:21,22.
26....Many and diverse diseases healed. Matt 4:23,24;14:14;15:30;Mk 1:34;Lu 6:17-19.
27....Jesus's transfiguration. Matt 17:1-8.
28....His resurrection. Lu 24:6;John 10:18.
29....His appearance to the disciples, the door being shut. John 20:19.
30....His ascension. Acts 1:9.

Courtesy of the MacArthur Study Bible.

31....Creation. John 3:3.

What another thread on this subject? This could be easily woven into one of the other 147 threads already dealing with ramifications of Christianity.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
What another thread on this subject? This could be easily woven into one of the other 147 threads already dealing with ramifications of Christianity.
Perhaps threads about Christ should be banned at this time of the year. It only brings out scoffers anyway, the same ones that posted the very same things in all those 147 other threads. lol

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Perhaps threads about Christ should be banned at this time of the year. It only brings out scoffers anyway, the same ones that posted the very same things in all those 147 other threads. lol
Also the same blind-faithers. :D

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Isn't that the Websters definition?
How would you define something like the event described below? The event happened in 1988 and I wrote it out in about 2005. I was certainly believer by the time I jumped up at the end. There is certainly no physical proof but what made me 'not feel good' has never returned. I'll certainly remember that event while your words will have vanished by the end if this year. lol

I started of with the Lord's Prayer and just as I was about to start my plea I got a vision that I was outside my body and saw myself, from the back and above, in a kneeling position with a mist a very short distance in front of me that obscured any further view.
I heard myself say "Master, I don't feel so good." A large hand came out of the mist and completely enclosed my body. This happened in a 'twinkling of an eye', I found myself enclosed in this hand and it scared me to no end because I struggled to be free of it's grasp but found I could move not even one little bit. This feeling of being scared lasted only for the briefest of moments.
What replaced it was the most peaceful feeling I have ever experienced, bar none, and to be quite truthful have not experienced that 'level' of peace since.
As soon as this wave of peace (meaning I was in the company of someone who cared for me much more than my words will ever be able to describe) overcame me the hand loosed it 'grip' on me and it opened and I found myself sitting on this palm facing the ends of the fingers and seeing further forward than that.
In front was a hallway, very tall and the walls were black. The walls were not smooth, but rather, had many indentations and sharp corners at these indentations. There was a faint light at each of these 'corners' and that was the only way I could tell the walls were not smooth, the rest was pitch black, I could see neither floor nor ceiling, only these faint corners.
We were moving down this hallway at a leisurely rate and as I was feeling very 'relaxed' I was going to change my sitting position so I had my hands behind my back and then I could lean back and rest on them. As I was leaning back one hand seemed to miss the expected surface that would support it and I ended up rolling to one side. I looked back to see what had 'gone wrong' and I observed a great hole in the palm of this hand. I immediately burst into tears and said with alarm "You've been hurt!"
I heard not a word but my tears left me and I spent the next few moments crawling around the hand, much like I did on the school-ground equipment when I was a small child.
This hallway had corners in addition to the indentations in that it was not straight as we have halls. We came around one corner and off to the right I could see a faint glow of light some distance down this other smaller hallway.
I asked "What's down there?" A voice (rather deep but very 'soothing') answered "You're not ready for this, but I will show you."
Off we went down this other hallway going around gently curving corners and the light got brighter with each corner we passed. In very short order we came out on a dusty,earthen path and I could see a sky. This path was rather narrow and had grass growing on either edge.
On the grass to the left there were several rabbits hopping around, a few bounds then they would stop and nibble the grass, a few more bounds, another nibble. Our presence did not disturb them in the least.
Just behind the rabbits, only a few yards from the path, was what I would best describe would be a three-wire barbed fence, not in the best of repair as the wire sagged a bit between the posts and none of the posts stood up properly but were tilted a bit at various angles.
A bit of distance from this was another fence made of planking, much like you would find around any farm that kept horses or cows, and behind were some farm buildings, house and small barn made of the same wood as the plank fence.
All the wood was very weathered but the condition of the buildings and fence would not warrant paint as this would be a waste because of their condition.
As I looked over at this scene I noticed several dogs in the yard. There was much running and yelping and much dust from all this activity. I could not determine if this activity was caused by our presence or not and if, in fact, the dogs were playing or it was a somewhat more serious matter they were involved in. The circles they made were small and done in quick fashion so in the short time I observed them they completed many circles.
The path we were on also had the gentle twists and turns like the hallways we had just came from did. We continued down this dusty path and came around another corner and came to a stop. The path ended here and was replaced by a large open space covered in lush grass, a short distance from us I could see gently rolling hill. I could see far enough to see three or four 'rows' of these hills, one behind the other. Very beautiful and serene but what was most astounding about these hills was that they were completely covered by people, standing so closely together that not one more person could have stood with them. There was a small open space between where the path ended and this large crowd stood, which is how I knew the grass was so lush.
On this grass, about midway between the end of the path and where the crowd started stood two people, one man, one woman. As remarkable as this whole scene was I was still even more astounded to see not one strand of hair on any of their heads, not one anywhere.
The two in front spoke no words but it was quite plain they were pleased to see 'Him'. No words were spoken to any from 'Him' either.
We turned and went back from where we had come from. Back into the little hallway till we turned left at the larger one.
We continued down this for some distance until we came to a doorway that was on our left.
I heard a voice say "This is a safe place for you."
The door opened and I went inside to a circular room about 50 steps in width. The room was decorated in many shades of brown and the 'outer wall' had shelves that went way round all filled with books. The middle had furnishings that matched the colors of the bookcases.
The door closed and I was alone.
I stood for a moment and went to the door and opened it just a crack. What I felt was sheer terror, and quickly re-closed the door and felt the terror was gone, as long as the door remained closed.
What was outside was not only terror but evil in that it had nothing good planned for me should I be foolish enough to open my door and go into the passage on my own.
I woke up at point.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
It isn't blind faith, I was a believer before I started to earnestly read the Bible.
Ah, definition of terms.

A popular definition of faith is "Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence."1 , this is what people commonly call blind faith, however that is not biblical faith. A better definition is "The belief in the historic truthfulness of the Scripture narrative, and the supernatural origin of its teachings, sometimes called historical and speculative faith" 2
Blind faith or faith based on eyewitness testimony

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
How would you define something like the event described below? The event happened in 1988 and I wrote it out in about 2005. I was certainly believer by the time I jumped up at the end. There is certainly no physical proof but what made me 'not feel good' has never returned. I'll certainly remember that event while your words will have vanished by the end if this year. lol
Hallucination. Day dreams. Lots of things could prompt stuff like that. My ancestors used to starve themselves till they had a "vision".
"Oh, I tripped".
"There's nothing there to trip over.
"It must have been Satan". lmao

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Hallucination. Day dreams. Lots of things could prompt stuff like that. My ancestors used to starve themselves till they had a "vision".
And the visions always conform to the beliefs of the visionary. If Mhz believed that aliens are here to help us, he/she may have been carried to a space ship by a giant alien. He/she may have even had an anal probe by some of the Greys. Belief is a powerful thing.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
"Oh, I tripped".
"There's nothing there to trip over.
"It must have been Satan". lmao

Anything but what I wrote, lol.

And the visions always conform to the beliefs of the visionary. If Mhz believed that aliens are here to help us, he/she may have been carried to a space ship by a giant alien. He/she may have even had an anal probe by some of the Greys. Belief is a powerful thing.

So knowing about prayer filled in all the gaps ..... some of the things that happened are things I only read about years later. Like why would I play around when I could have been acting a little more 'adult like'?

I don't even want to know you chapter and verse for the above. Just remember Cliffy, without saying the Lord's prayer you never know who might appear, you just might get that trip you seem to have fixated on. Seems like the only thing your vision leaves out is if you jump when you you get your wonderfully big anal probe. Probably jump just a little at first, lol.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
So knowing about prayer filled in all the gaps ..... some of the things that happened are things I only read about years later. Like why would I play around when I could have been acting a little more 'adult like'?

I don't even want to know you chapter and verse for the above. Just remember Cliffy, without saying the Lord's prayer you never know who might appear, you just might get that trip you seem to have fixated on. Seems like the only thing your vision leaves out is if you jump when you you get your wonderfully big anal probe. Probably jump just a little at first, lol.
Mhz,

The point I'm trying to make is that belief predisposes the type of vision one has. I have had visions myself. They were based on native mythology because that is what I was into at the time. I have also seen UFOs, but no aliens. I have also seen Fairies, Gnomes and dragons. All were dependent on what I was into at the time. I believe in the spiritual but it takes on the forms that you are willing to believe they will. If you don't believe in dragons, it is doubtful that you will ever see one.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Mhz,

The point I'm trying to make is that belief predisposes the type of vision one has. I have had visions myself. They were based on native mythology because that is what I was into at the time. I have also seen UFOs, but no aliens. I have also seen Fairies, Gnomes and dragons. All were dependent on what I was into at the time. I believe in the spiritual but it takes on the forms that you are willing to believe they will. If you don't believe in dragons, it is doubtful that you will ever see one.
How can one not believe in dragons?

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Al/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-9.pngfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Al/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-10.png

Last edited:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I am trying to load a picture from my computer but it will no show. It is of a tree dragon I took up by St. Leon hot springs. I will try again.

Last edited: