How We Compensate When Disconnected from God

pfrattali

Sep 6, 2009
seekgod.bravehost.com
When we have lost connection (intimate & emotional) with God, we don't have His love flowing in and through us. His love is that which will truly fulfill and satisfy us deep inside. It is also that which gives us comfort and security.

How did we lose this connection with God? Through sin and wrongdoing. We have all sinned. We commit sin and we run away from God in terror because of shame or because we think He is out to condemn us. Many simply enjoy sinning and doing 'dark deeds' and love their 'independence' from God, and refuse His love. Instead, God wanted all along for us to turn back to Him in repentance and a humble heart, admitting our faults and weaknesses, asking for forgiveness, and be willing to 'sin no more'. Remember, Jesus Christ gave His life for us on the cross and through His sacrifice we have the remission of sins. You need to accept His sacrifice and receive Him into your heart.

God is not looking to condemn you, but He is looking to bring you back into friendship with Him. Ask God to forgive you from your heart and cleanse you. But you must also forgive others from your heart. Don't hold any grudges against anybody.

"To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and has committed unto us the word of reconciliation." 2Cor 5:19

"For God sent his Son into the world not to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believes in Him is not condemned: but he that does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that does evil hates the light, neither comes to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved." John 3: 17-20

What is the key to the Gospel of Jesus Christ? RECONCILIATION BETWEEN GOD AND MAN.
It's a sad fact that most people on planet Earth are running around disconnected from the True God. Many will not repent and turn back to God because they enjoy living in sin and darkness. They refuse to turn to the Light because the Light will expose their sin! But the consequence of this is extremely grave. Read the Word of God to see the final outcome of the unrepentant sinner. It's not good!

Because of our lost connection with God, we don't have what will truly fulfill us most - God's love and acceptance. As long as we remain 'disconnected' from God, we will be endlessly running, spinning our wheels, and never attaining true fulfillment.
God will always love you unconditionally. Nothing you have said or done, or will ever say or do, can cause God to stop loving you.
His love is always available to us, but our hearts must be open to receive it and we must also confess and turn away from all sin.

We compensate for the lack of God's love in our lives by seeking love, admiration, and acceptance from other people foremost, instead of God himself, the source of all love. This is why most crave fame and fortune. We want to impress others. We tend to be 'attention seekers' by showing off what we have or what we can do. All for a show, saying basically, "Look at me! Look at me!", "Admire me!". We are basically trying to fill a void that only God can fill.* We depend on other people to meet this need.

"And the Lord said, 'Whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation? and to what are they like? They are like unto children sitting in the marketplace, and calling one to another, and saying, We have piped unto you, and you have not danced; we have mourned to you, and ye have not wept. For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine; and you say, He has a devil. The Son of man has come eating and drinking; and you say, Behold a gluttonous man, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners! But wisdom is justified of all her children.' " Luke 7: 31-35

This is basically saying that men and women in this world are running around depending on one another TO GAIN FULFILLMENT in LOVE AND ACCEPTANCE. To be loved and admired by one another but not getting any satisfaction! Only God can satisfy our need to be loved and accepted. There's nothing wrong with being loved and accepted by others, but without God in your life, you will only receive a PORTION of what you need. You need to put GOD FIRST in your life.

Why is 'American Idol' one of the top rated shows on TV? Why are so many trying to get on the show? Think about it.

We try and fill a longing which only God can fill. If we take it to the extreme, we eventually become arrogant, selfish, spoiled, dictatorial, controlling, abusive, 'heartless', and basically obnoxious to everyone around us. We want to 'get' more than we want to 'give' ! We tend to want worship and adoration from others. We want to become 'as a god', so to speak, because the attention and admiration 'feels good'! But it's a downward spiral. The need for others to 'praise us' becomes an addiction. We will want more and more, but it will never satisfy. Only God's love will satisfy. Pride comes before the fall. If you seek out praise and admiration from other people before you seek out God's love for you, you will get yourself into big trouble.

"Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another." Galatians 6:26

We spend the majority of our lives trying to 'show off' and promote ourselves, all in selfishness, to gain approval from others and not realizing that God is the only one who can satisfy that hunger to be accepted and loved. Man is not perfect and our approval should only be sought in God, not man. Man will not fill your need for acceptance!* Man does not know how to love unconditionally because man is basically selfish and self-centered.

The entertainment industry is built on this. The sports industry is built on this: man seeking approval and honor from man. People trying to impress one another with their talents, their 'song and dance'; all for a selfish cause of filling the void in their hearts for the love and attention they crave, that only God's love can fill. And when fame fades away, then what? Will your life be over? Is your life founded on popularity? Your foundation should be on Jesus Christ, the Son of God. He is the only way.
Women, why are most of you hung up on make-up and jewelery? Men, why are hung up on money, flashy clothes and fast cars? All for show!

Jesus said:
"How can you believe, which receive honor one of another, and seek not the honor that comes from God only?" John 5:44

When we focus on trying to gain man's approval above God's approval, it blocks our faith and trust in God for our lives. We end up living stressful and unfulfilled lives. Do you have children? Love on them with your attention and love, not material things. Teach them to turn to and worship God. The more you do this, the less trouble you will have with them, and they will have, when they're older.

Why do you suppose many of these 'stars' in Hollywood and the music industry have the need to get plastic surgery? They see their attractive bodies aging and wrinkling and their fame going down with it. Old means less attractive. Less attractive means more rejection. Fear of rejection. Nobody likes rejection! Nobody wants to become a 'has been', right? Why do politicians and presidents seek a legacy? The need for glory and acceptance from man, and a need to become immortalized in some way.

Why do you, o famous person, seek to be idolized by the masses? First, idolatry is a sin. Second, fame will fade and then who will you rely on for love and acceptance? Where will it come from? Is it founded on God's love?

Why do you, not so famous person, seek to be rich or seek to 'keep up with your neighbor', to avoid looking lower because you have less or of lesser quality? Are we so superficial? Should we compare ourselves with our neighbor by the 'things' we have?

"And he said unto them, 'Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consists not in the abundance of the things which he possesses.' " Luke 12:15

"Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not high-minded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but trust in the living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy." I Timothy 6: 17

"Let nothing be done through strife or vain glory; but in lowliness of mind, let each esteem others better than themselves. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others." Phillipians 2: 3 - 4

Seek God and you will receive an eternal legacy in Him and in His way! Overcome this world's ways and become a pillar in His Temple! Stop being an attention seeker... be a God seeker. We all came into this world with nothing, we all leave with nothing.

God sees us all equal in his eyes. Every creature created to be loved by Him without condition and without measure! Don't you know that God has given us ALL things in Christ and therefore there is no need for envy or jealousy? It's a waste of energy. Think about it.

Get out of the trap of always trying to be a 'people pleaser'. Once you get a revelation of God's love for you, your striving to try to prove something to others will stop. We argue and bicker with one another because we seek to 'defend ourselves' and try to be right in others' eyes. We don't want to come out looking 'lower' than them and feeling rejection. We're always trying to 'save face' with one another, all for the purpose of avoiding embarrassment or rejection. This has been ingrained in us since childhood, so it isn't easy to overcome. We need God's help to overcome the fear of 'what other people think', so we need to seek God daily.

We let pride get the better of us and seek to exalt ourselves above our fellow man. The more a man allows himself to feel rejected by another man, the more pride he will fall into. All because we care too much about 'what other people think!' The more you realize and receive God's love for you, the less proud you will be.

Are you rejected by everybody? So what! God never rejects you, but loves you unconditionally and without measure. This is all that counts. This is all you need to know. All else does not matter! God's love will keep you secure.

Once you see the light in this, a great burden will be off your shoulder. Watch and see how much stress and anxiety is reduced in your life!

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I compensate for a lack of god by boozing, drugs and promiscuous women. They beat the "father, the son, and the holy devil" any day of the week.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Can you even say amen a carnal lifestyle? It seems to be in conflict. It isn't like God wanted everybody to be Christian at His arrival anyway. His judgment of man means the carnal are in one place and the righteous back to Adam are alive along with all of Israel. The carnal people are resurrected 1,000 years later (after their father is sent to the lake). They inherit a place called the new earth and life goes on. It may not be carnal but there is wine and plenty of things to do.

1Co:15:32:
If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus,
what advantageth it me,
if the dead rise not?
let us eat and drink;
for to morrow we die.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Can you even say amen a carnal lifestyle? It seems to be in conflict. It isn't like God wanted everybody to be Christian at His arrival anyway. His judgment of man means the carnal are in one place and the righteous back to Adam are alive along with all of Israel. The carnal people are resurrected 1,000 years later (after their father is sent to the lake). They inherit a place called the new earth and life goes on. It may not be carnal but there is wine and plenty of things to do.

1Co:15:32:
If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus,
what advantageth it me,
if the dead rise not?
let us eat and drink;
for to morrow we die.

Can we say bible thumper, easily lead by a string and jerked like a puppet?

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
God wants all to love Him, that is why even today missionaries go to the third world
to preach love until the military units come and kill them.
The blood stained pages of history are littered with stories of the love of God
How come all the disasters in an insurance policy are listed as acts of God

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
No sex or rum? I'll pass. I like wine but it isn't all there is. No "carnal" pleasures? No interest. And that is what I think gods have for the life on Earth; no interest.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Big Question, how the hell does anyone 'feel' gods love?
I have seen more sinners ,liars and cheats that are devout religious believers.
They stare at awe at a stautue the cries in blood but but don't question why he leaves the children starve in Africa..

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
For god so loved the world that he tortured and mutilated his only begotten son. Wow! Would people still live on this planet if we all acted so sadistically? Ya, right, I want some of that love! Beat Me! Stab me! Kill me! Love me to death!
Holy Crap!

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
For god so loved the world that he tortured and mutilated his only begotten son. Wow! Would people still live on this planet if we all acted so sadistically? Ya, right, I want some of that love! Beat Me! Stab me! Kill me! Love me to death!
Holy Crap!
Funny how violence can be so accepted all in the name of some kind of love!

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
If all a child knows is abuse, it grows up thinking that that is what love is all about. To me, teaching religion to a child is child abuse.
Exactly !
You teach them fear. This is totally unfair as they cannot think on thier own and you feed them things that will be deeply rooted and damaging later on in life.
In other words , it's Brain Washing !!!!!

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Maybe that should be rephrased to "no religious lunatics" ie Bible thumpers. :smile:
A person can have a personal relationship with one's creator without religion. Religions are political and social organizations by nature. They have little to do with gods except in words. Dogma is ritual petrified.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Big Question, how the hell does anyone 'feel' gods love?
I have seen more sinners ,liars and cheats that are devout religious believers.
They stare at awe at a stautue the cries in blood but but don't question why he leaves the children starve in Africa..

When a preacher was asked why there are so many hypocrites in the Church, he replied, ‘what better place for hypocrites than the Church?’

I am not sure what he meant by that, perhaps he thinks that hypocrites have the best chance of being reformed in the Church. But religion and hypocrisy go together like wine and cheese, have done so for thousands of years.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Can we say bible thumper, easily lead by a string and jerked like a puppet?
"we" can say anything, that doesn't make it a fact. You are an individual, just like I am, yet you refer to yourself in the plural, are you okay mentally?

No sex or rum? I'll pass. I like wine but it isn't all there is. No "carnal" pleasures? No interest. And that is what I think gods have for the life on Earth; no interest.
No sex? Where did you get that from? After Judgment Day lots of babies are being born, it is an infinite cycle for those who live outside New Jerusalem.

No strong spirits that I know of. No inhibitions so I'm not sure what the purpose of the strong drink is. Sex would be between married people rather than what you can find with a belly full of rum down at the local tavern. Tera forming places and introducing plants and beasts of the field, etc., is more the way things will happen. The only 'boring thing' will be that nothing born ever dies so meeting new-comers might will take up more of the day as eternity moves on.