"You will not be punished for your anger. You will be punished by your anger." Buddha

bluedog

Electoral Member
Jun 16, 2009
Nebraska
"You will not be punished for your anger. You will be punished by your anger." Buddha

Christians... does this tell the work of the Spirit or WHAT!!! It is our battle over what we once were, what we are now delivered from. The armour of God is our defense, it is our hope and salvation... lest we fall back in those ways that once led us and offered us the humility and insight of our Lord.

Comments?

Buddists are welcome to share their growth and insights.
God bless us all. Ready or not! :smile:

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
gggggggrrrrrrrrrrrr BLOODY HELL!! STUPID $()&^4uh5g87y3**!f6455hjkj6{}"
Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh. That feels better. :)

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
and your reason for mocking was..............................
I wasn't mocking anything, Gerry. I was just pointing out that instead of bottling it up, letting loose and letting it go feels better. IOW, it doesn't feel like punishment.

bluedog

Electoral Member
Jun 16, 2009
Nebraska
I wasn't mocking anything, Gerry. I was just pointing out that instead of bottling it up, letting loose and letting it go feels better. IOW, it doesn't feel like punishment.

I think that Christ and Buddha were both saying and I think you would agree that getting angry does little but breed morer anger. The butting of heads gets no one (hopefully:smile:) anything but a headache!

Both philosophies would say< I think> that an enlightened person should remain calm, but NOT just -for example. Afterall. Would it not be better to have understandings, discussions, ongoing debates to understand more deeply, if not agree? Both parties come out the wiser through mutual understanding.

There is less stress to be entangled not just in the mind, but less also to the body and its vital organs. The real benefit however, to most, is that the Spirit can remain at peace for that bit longer! To remain at peace for longer than it would have- thus having more opportunity to share the benefit of peace... and personal reasons found for it.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Oh. I thought you meant angry about stuff like catching a nail and tearing it off a finger.
Concerning people, anger is useless. Revenge is much more satisfying. :D The plotting for revenge is fun, too.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
First would be to ask yourself , why are you getting angry.
Second , is it worth it.

There's no problem with ventiing, it doesn't create anger, as long as you don't hold on to it.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Behind all anger is fear. If I get angry I stop and ask myself what it is that I fear. What deep seated hurt is being triggered by what another is saying and doing. If harm is being done to myself or another, appropriate action is called for, but to protect, not to do harm if it can be avoided. Being calm helps to make decisions that are more beneficial to all parties. But it also makes a decision to kill, if necessary, possible without guilt coming into play.

Action taken in the heat of emotional turmoil can often be fatal, not just for others but for the self. Anger is blinding. Inappropriate action can lead to backfire. The trick to right action is emotional detachment from all situations, especially emotionally charged ones. The energy you project out into the world in any given situation is what you will get back, so if you want life to treat you well, you have to treat it well.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Behind all anger is fear. If I get angry I stop and ask myself what it is that I fear. What deep seated hurt is being triggered by what another is saying and doing. If harm is being done to myself or another, appropriate action is called for, but to protect, not to do harm if it can be avoided. Being calm helps to make decisions that are more beneficial to all parties. But it also makes a decision to kill, if necessary, possible without guilt coming into play.

Action taken in the heat of emotional turmoil can often be fatal, not just for others but for the self. Anger is blinding. Inappropriate action can lead to backfire. The trick to right action is emotional detachment from all situations, especially emotionally charged ones. The energy you project out into the world in any given situation is what you will get back, so if you want life to treat you well, you have to treat it well.
Me, robot. Me have no emotion. You, human. You full of emotion.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Me, robot. Me have no emotion. You, human. You full of emotion.
Smacking yourself and jumping up and down screaming obscenities is a natural emotional reaction, but tearing a strip off someone because they piss you off could be destructive to both parties. It ends possible reconciliation and could damage a delicate psyche. We are emotional beings, but using our emotions as weapons is not very conducive to bringing peace to the world, although there are times when we think we should nuke em all and let Momma Earth sort it out.;-)

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
That would depend on why they piss others off wouldn't it? Someone throws oats laden with rat poison into your chicken coop just to see the chickens do the funky chicken as they die deserves to have a little anger unleashed on him. Someone says, "black" and the other guy says, "white" isn't grounds for your all-out war. People with delicate psyches shouldn't be wandering around pissing people off. That's just looking for a fat lip, isn't it?
Anger is perfectly normal. Fear is perfectly normal. Accept it and let it go as it happens.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
That would depend on why they piss others off wouldn't it? Someone throws oats laden with rat poison into your chicken coop just to see the chickens do the funky chicken as they die deserves to have a little anger unleashed on him. Someone says, "black" and the other guy says, "white" isn't grounds for your all-out war. People with delicate psyches shouldn't be wandering around pissing people off. That's just looking for a fat lip, isn't it?
Anger is perfectly normal. Fear is perfectly normal. Accept it and let it go as it happens.
hmm sounds very much like spanking to me :lol:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
We are emotional beings, but using our emotions as weapons is not very conducive to bringing peace to the world, although there are times when we think we should nuke em all and let Momma Earth sort it out.;-)
Yes we are, the only time having them becomes a problem is when one gets trapped in feeling only a few rather than the whole spectrum. Some people will go to extremes to not ever feel anger, they are the ones that snap, eventually.
World peace, have you looked at the state of the world lately? It probably a good thing for all concerned that you haver no actual power over anybody or anything. Even in jest it is a stupid thing to suggest, it just makes you the first on on the target list. LOL

That's quite true, both have a time and place where they are quite acceptable to both feel inside and let the ones on the outside know. The real cop-out is saying someone made me feel angry or someone made me feel fear. Now when it comes to punishment from God (at some point in time and for those who deserve such treatment) getting angry about is will mean squat basically. Apparently His anger is the one that matters.

hmm sounds very much like spanking to me :lol:
Reading this and seeing your choice in avatars is quite humerus, perhaps you like being spanked.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I have two humeruses. :D

....getting angry about is will mean squat basically
Japan recently artist cab Georgina links content and huge network upfront is

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Your link gets me to a forbidden page.

Any way to reword your last sentence?

Anger can cause some people to use actions that end up as bringing events over to playing out in a manner that favors their 'wishes'. Depending on the severity it can be very unemotional when calculated thoughts are put into the first action in a known chain of events. If planned ,the emotions are overridden, they are at their best (most intense) when they are spontaneous.

Some events that you can see coming are still pretty intense no matter how much you try and prepare for them. The remedy, if one is needed, can take many forms. At the minimum steps should be taken to make sure (that same event) cannot be repeated.

Anger that cannot be acted on mostly sucks. I try to keep that list as short as possible.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Your link gets me to a forbidden page.
Well, I just googled images on "humerus" . It's a pitcure of a human skeleton. The humerus is the large arm bone between the elbow and the shoulder. I have 2, one on each side. lol

Any way to reword your last sentence?
I thought it made as much sense as the part of yours that I quoted. lol (I picked some words at random. ;)

Anger can cause some people to use actions that end up as bringing events over to playing out in a manner that favors their 'wishes'. Depending on the severity it can be very unemotional when calculated thoughts are put into the first action in a known chain of events. If planned ,the emotions are overridden, they are at their best (most intense) when they are spontaneous.
And good people can control them. I get angry, I let it out, and after that I don't know where it goes, but it's gone and I am free of it.

Some events that you can see coming are still pretty intense no matter how much you try and prepare for them. The remedy, if one is needed, can take many forms. At the minimum steps should be taken to make sure (that same event) cannot be repeated.

Anger that cannot be acted on mostly sucks. I try to keep that list as short as possible.
Of course, one can avoid some issues. Some are unavoidable. I deal with it whatever the emotion a circumstance evokes. I have room for more fun baggage than ugly crap like stored anger and whatnot.