The Law: pt #2

herald

Electoral Member
Jul 16, 2006
"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in His law doth he meditate day and night." Ps 1:1,2

"The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple. The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes. The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever: the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than the honey and the honeycomb. Moreover by them is Thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward." Ps 19:7-11

"The law of God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide." Ps 37:31

"I delight to do Thy will, O my God: yea, Thy law is within my heart." Ps 40:8; Jer 31:31-34; Heb 8:10 (Under the New Covenant, the Lord writes His Covenant in our hearts and minds. That is why Jesus said, that, if a man looks upon a woman to lust, he has, already, committed adultery with her in his heart.)

"Give ear, O My people, to MY LAW: incline your ears to THE WORDS OF MY MOUTH." Ps 78:1 (Again, His Law = His Word)

"As far as the east is from the west, so far hath He removed our transgressions ("of the law" 1 John 3:4) from us...TO SUCH AS KEEP HIS COVENANT AND TO THOSE THAT REMEMBER HIS COMMANDMENTS TO DO THEM." Ps 103 (Covenants have conditions.)

"Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the Lord...Open Thou my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of Thy law." Ps 119:1,18

"Remove from me the way of lying: and grant me Thy law graciously...Give me understanding and I shall keep Thy law: yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart." Ps 119:29,34

"So shall I keep Thy law continually forever and ever...Horror hath taken hold upon me because of the wicked that forsake Thy law." Ps 119:44,53

"Let Thy tender mercies come unto me, that I may live: for Thy law is my delight...O how I love Thy law! It is my meditation all the day." Ps 119:77,97

"I hate vain thoughts: but Thy law do I love...It is time for Thee to work: FOR THEY HAVE MADE VOID THY LAW." Ps 119:113,126

"DO WE THEN MAKE VOID THE LAW THROUGH FAITH? GOD FORBID: YEA, WE ESTABLISH THE LAW." Rom 3:31

"Rivers of water run down my eyes, because they keep not Thy law...Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and Thy law is truth." Ps 119:136,142

"For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life." Pro 6:23

"Keep My commandments and live; and My law as the apple of thine eye." Pro 7:2

"The law of the wise is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death." Pro 13:14

"THEY THAT FORSAKE THE LAW PRAISE THE WICKED: BUT SUCH AS KEEP THE LAW CONTEND WITH THEM." Pro 28:4

"For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity (lawlessness) and idolatry...1 Sam 15:23

"Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: FOR SIN IS THE TRANSGRESSION OF THE LAW." 1 John 3:4

Jesus said, "He that rejecteth Me and receiveth not My Words, hath one that judgeth him: THE WORD THAT I HAVE SPOKEN, THE SAME SHALL JUDGE HIM IN THE LAST DAY." John 12:48

The Apostle Paul wrote, "For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: AND AS MANY AS HAVE SINNED IN THE LAW SHALL BE JUDGED BY THE LAW; For not the hearers of the are just before God, BUT THE DOERS OF THE LAW SHALL BE JUSTIFIED." Rom 2:12,13

His Word/His law will judge each one of us. Do you want His Word/His law to judge you?

Or, to hear Him say, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant?"

"And being made perfect, He became the author of eternal salvation, unto all them that obey Him." Heb 5:9

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
The moral of the story is, "Never piss off the gods!" And, the excuse "The devil made me do it!" apparently doesn't cut it either. So, be good or be damned.

I always end my prayers with wee children by including the rhyme,
"Here is a candle to light you to bed. Here is a chopper to chop off your head!"
I find it calms them down after all this scary religious stuff!

Night, cousins!

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
The moral of the story is, "Never piss off the gods!" And, the excuse "The devil made me do it!" apparently doesn't cut it either. So, be good or be damned.

I always end my prayers with wee children by including the rhyme,
"Here is a candle to light you to bed. Here is a chopper to chop off your head!"
I find it calms them down after all this scary religious stuff!

Night, cousins!
Cousin, did Henry teach you that verse? Whatever happened to Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite!!!! It is better than, Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I SHOULD DIE BEFORE I WAKE, I pray the Lord my soul to take. No child should go to bed with the thought that they could die before they wake.
Hope you had a loverly Christmas cousin.:smile:

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Given thou hast qoteth the scriptures, doth thou have a message thou wishest to convey that is not apparent to the faithful?
To my other cousin:
If you are talking to cousin Spade, he's just trying to rattle your chain. Have fun with it instead.