Jesus Loved Gays But Christians Won’t

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto

Since Jesus loved the homosexuals and lesbians then why do the Christians that are Jesus worshippers not embrace homosexuality and lesbians?

I think that the quote about men lying with men is in the Old Testament but Jesus loved all men and most Christians believe that most of the Old Testament was fulfilled by Jesus sacrifice on the cross.

Christians who do not accept gays are mocking Jesus, which means he died for nothing.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Since Jesus loved the homosexuals and lesbians then why do the Christians that are Jesus worshippers not embrace homosexuality and lesbians?

I think that the quote about men lying with men is in the Old Testament but Jesus loved all men and most Christians believe that most of the Old Testament was fulfilled by Jesus sacrifice on the cross.

Christians who do not accept gays are mocking Jesus, which means he died for nothing.
Stick to subjects you have some knowledge about. Clearly theology is not one of them. Your comments are, to say the least, stupid..

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

I have to agree with Sanctus, you should stick to talking about something you know.

My brother is gay. He also holds a Masters in Divinity, and is working on his PhD. He has worked within the Anglican Church to gain acceptance for gays and lesbians. He is not exactly conventional in his views, but here they are:

Not all homosexuals CHOOSE that lifestyle, in fact, those that have a choice are probably a distinct minority.

Notwithstanding the above, homosexual acts are sin, pure and simple.

Therefore the hardcore homosexual Christian has only one choice, the choice he has made.......celibacy.

The problem with the Christian Church is their belief that gays choose their lifestyle, and that they can therefore UNchoose their sexual orientation. This belief in the "free choice" made by gays leads to a lack of empathy for the tough position they find themselves in, and a subsequent lack of tolerance for gays in general. To him, this is a huge mistake.

Gays need to be extended the support and aid of the church, without the attendant expectation that they all marry, settle down, and raise lovely little Christian kiddies.

Love the sinner, hate the sin.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Colpy, when I see your pic I'm instantly reminded of a friar. I think you've missed your calling. Something in the face and bearing. It's not too late...Sanctus, help him out.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
I have to agree with Sanctus, you should stick to talking about something you know.

My brother is gay. He also holds a Masters in Divinity, and is working on his PhD. He has worked within the Anglican Church to gain acceptance for gays and lesbians. He is not exactly conventional in his views, but here they are:

Not all homosexuals CHOOSE that lifestyle, in fact, those that have a choice are probably a distinct minority.

Notwithstanding the above, homosexual acts are sin, pure and simple.

Therefore the hardcore homosexual Christian has only one choice, the choice he has made.......celibacy.

The problem with the Christian Church is their belief that gays choose their lifestyle, and that they can therefore UNchoose their sexual orientation. This belief in the "free choice" made by gays leads to a lack of empathy for the tough position they find themselves in, and a subsequent lack of tolerance for gays in general. To him, this is a huge mistake.

Gays need to be extended the support and aid of the church, without the attendant expectation that they all marry, settle down, and raise lovely little Christian kiddies.

Love the sinner, hate the sin.

Well said, my hat is off to you!

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Colpy, when I see your pic I'm instantly reminded of a friar. I think you've missed your calling. Something in the face and bearing. It's not too late...Sanctus, help him out.

Hmmm. a backwoods Baptist monk..interesting concept....I could hook him up, but I have the suspicion his wife may very well object:)

able

Electoral Member
Apr 26, 2007
homosexuals

No doubt, this problem has been with us since time began, can't understand why a person would be attracted to their own gender, but don't understand other things as well. Guess I've finally reached the age where I'm too lazy to hate those who are not the same as myself. I do have to feel sorry for those who have to bear this problem, guess I had more luck than I thought I did. It's easy to ignore if it isn't in your face, and wonder if some people don't look for something to put in their face. Maybe, both sides are diminished by this.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Really, how very nice of you to NOT to reference one single verse that would support that idea. No doubt you (specifically you yourself) can find a few references to how Jesus spoke to those who ran the Temple. No matter where you come from, the terms vipers, robbers, sons of the devil are not terms of endearment. Jesus did have Jude write a few words on this topic,
Jude:1:5:
I will therefore put you in remembrance,
though ye once knew this,
how that the Lord,
having saved the people out of the land of Egypt,
afterward destroyed them that believed not.
Jude:1:6:
And the angels which kept not their first estate,
but left their own habitation,
he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
Jude:1:7:
Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication,
and going after strange flesh,
are set forth for an example,
suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
Jude:1:8:
Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh,
despise dominion,
and speak evil of dignities.

Those words don't even come a tiny bit close to supporting what you said. From the above verses and the ones below it would seem that you are either absent in knowledge or simply a liar. Lets assume it is the former and not the latter.
As for the 'Church' accepting or rejecting those practices maybe they are just to chicken to follow the Scripture that tells them how to deal with similar situations. Not following what is written is not to their betterment. Since this 'deviation from God's original role for man and woman' is present not only in the flock but well established in who the 'Shepherds' are it would seem the 'Shepherds' can't even understand when it is time for them to remove themselves from the Church, for the sake of the purity of the Church. Better for them to introduce leaven into the Church than for them to put themselves 'on the outside'. If they are under the assumption that being able to 'belong to a Church' while 'living a sinful lifestyle' is going to have one iota of influence in the end they are sadly mistaken. BTW these sins are not unforgivable ones but if you expect to see that kind of lifestyle in the thousand years you aren't paying very close attention to what the Bible says.
1Co:5:9: I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
1Co:5:10: Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
1Co:5:11:
But now I have written unto you not to keep company,
if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator,
or covetous,
or an idolater,
or a railer,
or a drunkard,
or an extortioner;
with such an one no not to eat.
1Co:5:12:
For what have I to do to judge them also that are without?
do not ye judge them that are within?
1Co:5:13:
But them that are without God judgeth.
Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

Putting enough distance so that you aren't even eating with the above people is a far cry from 'severe punishment'. I doubt any 'church-goer' would have any problem in not sitting down to lunch with a 'crack dealer'.

Here is a partial list of things you will not find in the thousand years or in the new Earth after Judgment Day.
Ga:5:19:
Now the works of the flesh are manifest,
which are these;
Adultery,
fornication,
uncleanness,
lasciviousness,
Ga:5:20:
Idolatry,
witchcraft,
hatred,
variance,
emulations,
wrath,
strife,
seditions,
heresies,
Ga:5:21:
Envyings,
murders,
drunkenness,
revellings,
and such like:
of the which I tell you before,
as I have also told you in time past,
that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

That doesn't mean there is no forgiveness for those things when they happen before Christ's second coming, but you won't find any of them being practiced after the day.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'most believe that most of the OT was fulfilled'?
Perhaps you have missed the hundreds of verses that speak of who is actually left alive after the wrath of God is past on the first day of His return.
Zep:1:14:
The great day of the LORD is near,
it is near,
and hasteth greatly,
even the voice of the day of the LORD:
the mighty man shall cry there bitterly.
Zep:1:15:
That day is a day of wrath,
a day of trouble and distress,
a day of wasteness and desolation,
a day of darkness and gloominess,
a day of clouds and thick darkness,
Zep:1:16:
A day of the trumpet and alarm against the fenced cities,
and against the high towers.
Zep:1:17:
And I will bring distress upon men,
that they shall walk like blind men,
because they have sinned against the LORD:
and their blood shall be poured out as dust,
and their flesh as the dung.
Zep:1:18:
Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD's wrath;
but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy:
for he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land.

If you were so confidant of that viewpoint being correct you should have posted at least one verse that supports that, since you have none I think that is a fair assessment of how many there are that do support your view.

Ro:1:18:
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men,
who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
Ro:1:19:
Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them;
for God hath shewed it unto them.
Ro:1:20:
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen,
being understood by the things that are made,
even his eternal power and Godhead;
so that they are without excuse:
Ro:1:21:
Because that,
when they knew God,
they glorified him not as God,
neither were thankful;
but became vain in their imaginations,
and their foolish heart was darkened.
Ro:1:22:
Professing themselves to be wise,
they became fools,
Ro:1:23:
And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man,
and to birds,
and fourfooted beasts,
and creeping things.
Ro:1:24:
Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts,
to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Ro:1:25:
Who changed the truth of God into a lie,
and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator,
who is blessed for ever.
Amen.
Ro:1:26:
For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections:
for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Ro:1:27:
And likewise also the men,
leaving the natural use of the woman,
burned in their lust one toward another;
men with men working that which is unseemly,
and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Ro:1:28:
And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge,
God gave them over to a reprobate mind,
to do those things which are not convenient;
Ro:1:29:
Being filled with all unrighteousness,
fornication,
wickedness,
covetousness,
maliciousness;
full of envy,
murder,
debate,
deceit,
malignity;
whisperers,
Ro:1:30:
Backbiters,
haters of God,
despiteful,
proud,
boasters,
inventors of evil things,
disobedient to parents,
Ro:1:31:
Without understanding,
covenantbreakers,
without natural affection,
implacable,
unmerciful:
Ro:1:32:
Who knowing the judgment of God,
that they which commit such things are worthy of death,
not only do the same,
but have pleasure in them that do them.

Now if you think it is 'unfortunate for these to not be alive for the thousand years' I would say to you it is to their benefit to be safely in the grave when Satan is released for his little season after the thousand years because should they be alive for that time the odds are they would end up in the eternal lake rather than just missing the thousand years. To determine their final fate you have to read about Judgment Day. Hebrews 12 is a good place to start, so is this part,

Re:21:3:
And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying,
Behold,
the tabernacle of God is with men,
and he will dwell with them,
and they shall be his people,
and God himself shall be with them,
and be their God.
Re:21:4:
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes;
and there shall be no more death,
neither sorrow,
nor crying,
neither shall there be any more pain:
for the former things are passed away.
Re:21:5:
And he that sat upon the throne said,
Behold,
I make all things new.
And he said unto me,
Write:
for these words are true and faithful.
Re:21:6:
And he said unto me,
It is done.
I am Alpha and Omega,
the beginning and the end.
I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Re:21:7:
He that overcometh shall inherit all things;
and I will be his God,
and he shall be my son.

No sense giving you the OT chapters that talk of the same thing because I doubt the above even makes any sense to you.

snfu73

disturber of the peace
Stick to subjects you have some knowledge about. Clearly theology is not one of them. Your comments are, to say the least, stupid..
Speaking of sticking to subjects you know...reality does not seem to be one of them...:). Anyway, I don't care what the bible says...I don't care what hatred and bigotry people want to attribute to god and christ...it's crap, and I say it must be fought against in our society. As long as the catholic church wishes to spread anti-gay setiment, than the pressure should be on them, and they, just like racists and other bigots should be marginalized...where their archaic attitudes towards fellow human beings and society can do the least amount of damage.

gc

Electoral Member
May 9, 2006
I'm much more concerned with the hypocrisy of this line:

"I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" (Matthew 19:24)

How many Christians believe in that line?

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary

"I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" (Matthew 19:24)

In my opinion, far to many otherwise why would we have ideologies like communism and environmentalism that want to make everyone poor.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB

The hypocrisy is the love of money (for the rich) is greater than their love for God.
Lu:18:20:
Thou knowest the commandments,
Do not commit adultery,
Do not kill,
Do not steal,
Do not bear false witness,
Honour thy father and thy mother.
Lu:18:21:
And he said,
All these have I kept from my youth up.
Lu:18:22:
Now when Jesus heard these things,
he said unto him,
Yet lackest thou one thing:
sell all that thou hast,
and distribute unto the poor,
and thou shalt have treasure in heaven:
and come,
follow me.
Lu:18:23:
And when he heard this,
he was very sorrowful:
for he was very rich.
Lu:18:24:
And when Jesus saw that he was very sorrowful,
he said,
How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!

Just think how many slack jaws these verse are going to cause.

Lu:6:46:
And why call ye me,
Lord,
Lord,
and do not the things which I say?

Lu:13:25:
When once the master of the house is risen up,
and hath shut to the door,
and ye begin to stand without,
and to knock at the door,
saying,
Lord,
Lord,
open unto us;
and he shall answer and say unto you,
I know you not whence ye are:

M't:7:15:
Beware of false prophets,
which come to you in sheep's clothing,
but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
M't:7:16:
Ye shall know them by their fruits.
Do men gather grapes of thorns,
or figs of thistles?
M't:7:17:
Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit;
but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
M't:7:18:
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit,
neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
M't:7:19:
Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down,
and cast into the fire.
M't:7:20:
Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
M't:7:21:
Not every one that saith unto me,
Lord,
Lord,
shall enter into the kingdom of heaven;
but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
M't:7:22:
Many will say to me in that day,
Lord,
Lord,
have we not prophesied in thy name?
and in thy name have cast out devils?
and in thy name done many wonderful works?
M't:7:23:
And then will I profess unto them,
I never knew you:
depart from me,
ye that work iniquity.

gc

Electoral Member
May 9, 2006
In my opinion, far to many otherwise why would we have ideologies like communism and environmentalism that want to make everyone poor.

What do communism and environmentalism have to do with Christianity? How many Christians believe in communism, or "want to make everyone poor"? Not very many that I have seen.

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
The hypocrisy is the love of money (for the rich) is greater than their love
Wealth improves the lives of everyone. Why not love it. Actually I think this is an area where Islam comes out ahead because Mahomed teaches people not to take their religion to an extrem. In other words there can not be Islamic monks because it is important for a true follower of Islam to work and contribute to the community.

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
What do communism and environmentalism have to do with Christianity? How many Christians believe in communism, or "want to make everyone poor"? Not very many that I have seen.

Maybe many don't go as far as too believe in communism but there is certainly a lot of western self guilt about their wealth. We are wealthy because we have worked hard.

Last edited: