Inspiration of the Holy Spirit

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Fr. C. G. Vaillancourt

Every time we hear the Word of God or whenever we attend the Holy Mass, we have an encounter with Jesus who is the Word of God. We normally take it for granted and simply read or hear words without meditating deep enough in what the Lord is trying to tell us. Perhaps because we have heard the same words before.
We don't stop to reflect on the supernatural meaning of the words of Jesus, who gives us food for our souls. Perhaps we are too busy to give honour to the One who has the power to change our lives.

When we listen to the Word of God, we are listening to the same Word that said: "Let there be light" and the light was made. We are listening to Him who has the power to create, to shape, to sustain, to love and to protect.

Jesus appeared again to the disciples and the apostles, they were very surprised to see someone who had been dead and now was alive, they were not too sure if he was real or just a vision, this is why Jesus showed them his hands and feet which had been pierced, he invited them to touch him, to believe in him and he actually confirmed to them that he was real by asking them for some food to eat.

As he said Peace be with you; do not fear, they relaxed and realized that God is full of surprises, the greatest being his understanding and love. We experience fear and distress when we have problems and need to come to God with our prayers, God will always reassure us with the gift of Peace.

The reason why they did not recognize him and were doubtful is because Jesus appeared to them in his glorified body, even though it was Him, they had not put attention to the scriptures regarding his sufferings and death and that he would raise from the dead. He came back to confirm all that and also to reassure them that He was still with them.

God is Spirit, Jesus is still truly present with us in His Word and also sacramentally, he invites us to ponder his word and to come to Him, to touch him, to believe in him and to put all our trust in him, even though we can only see him through the eyes of our faith. He told the disciples and his apostles that repentance and forgiveness of sins should be preached in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem.

When we hear the Word of God and understand its urgency, the Holy Spirit inflames our hearts with burning desire to transmit our faith.

There are some who still don't give enough credit to the Word of God, some other love the Word of God but can not still recognize Him in the breaking of the bread. Jesus is truly present in the breaking of the bread, whenever the anointed priest says the words of the consecration and breaks the bread at the altar.

How fortunate we are, God is with us, Emmanuel.

Reactions: tanakar

mapleleafgirl

Electoral Member
Dec 13, 2006
windsor,ontario
Fr. C. G. Vaillancourt

Every time we hear the Word of God or whenever we attend the Holy Mass, we have an encounter with Jesus who is the Word of God. We normally take it for granted and simply read or hear words without meditating deep enough in what the Lord is trying to tell us. Perhaps because we have heard the same words before.
We don't stop to reflect on the supernatural meaning of the words of Jesus, who gives us food for our souls. Perhaps we are too busy to give honour to the One who has the power to change our lives.

that was pretty deep. youre right, we dont think about this sort of thing enough. i mean, its a miracle for heavens sake! think about it, the host and that wine turn into christ. pretty amazing stuff. i take my first communion at easter and i cant wait!

darleneonfire

Electoral Member
Jan 12, 2007
Ontario
that was pretty deep. youre right, we dont think about this sort of thing enough. i mean, its a miracle for heavens sake! think about it, the host and that wine turn into christ. pretty amazing stuff. i take my first communion at easter and i cant wait!

Good for you Maple! I am so happy you've joined the faith.

And you make a good point, we do take the reception of the Body of Christ too much for granted. People ask for miracles and here one is performed every day of the year in Catholic , Anglican and Orthodox churches when the bread becomes the actual Body of Christ!!

m_levesque

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2006
Montreal, Quebec
Good for you Maple! I am so happy you've joined the faith.

And you make a good point, we do take the reception of the Body of Christ too much for granted. People ask for miracles and here one is performed every day of the year in Catholic , Anglican and Orthodox churches when the bread becomes the actual Body of Christ!!

ANGLICAN???? Anglicans aren't even in the body of Christ darleneonfire!!!

ottawabill

Electoral Member
May 27, 2005
Eastern Ontario
ANGLICAN???? Anglicans aren't even in the body of Christ darleneonfire!!!

Why do we have to sound like islamic's with all the infighting. I am Anglican yes, but moreso I am Christian, I try, andfail a lot :), to follow teachings, and love and respect anyone else who does...what does it matter if they are Roman Catholic, Anglican Catholic, or Salvation Army..are they not really all just earthly clubs to serve the Lord?

ottawabill

Electoral Member
May 27, 2005
Eastern Ontario
are anglicans catholic or protestant? father c. says they stopped being part of the apostolic faith when they began ordaining women..why would that matter?

Anglican's consider themselves as Catholic and of the Apostolic Church. The Roman Catholic church "The Church" is the original Church, fair enough. They generally see any other sect as groups who left the faith and are always looking to bring them back. Somewhat like China's stand on Taiwan. But like china the reasons for the split is downplayed. It appears to Luthern and Anglican's that the churches earthy doctrine had taken over and had stepped in between man and God. Martin Luther translated the Bible so that the general public could read it and understand it rather than be told how they should interupt it. The Pope had too much political power at the time, and formed more of a political gruop rather than a religous order. Therefore a Liberation of faith became popular hence the high order Luthern and Anglican Churches.

Moreover to me it is sad of all the infighting between all of the different sects whom all believe in Jesus, forgiveness of sin and life every after.

It's sad to me that the Roman Catholic church will not allow communion by non Catholics as opposed to non Baptised people. That they hold their grude so close. If we are all members of God's flock why do we seem to think some members are better than others....Did not Jesus start to include Gentiles in his ministry? If only Jews were worth as god's choosen people why bring in others. If that is what we are to do, why shut the doors of one church to members of another.

it harks of the Quebec seperatists saying that can split Canada but no one can split Quebec..Doesn't seem to wash....

ottawabill

Electoral Member
May 27, 2005
Eastern Ontario
Missed one of your questions though....

If you want to see about ordaning women you have to read Paul's letters. It's based on Man being created directly from God in his image, while women are created from Man. I personally have a major problem with that, as well it's not something Jesus said directly but Pauls thoughts on the matter...

I am NOT fully versed on all of it so if i'm wrong i can listen...

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Anglican's consider themselves as Catholic and of the Apostolic Church. The Roman Catholic church "The Church" is the original Church, fair enough.

With respect to you and the members of your faith group, what they consider themselves is not necessarily the truth. Even before abandoning the aposotolic priesthood, there were questions regarding the Anglican faith and its claim to "catholicity". Upon abandoning its claim to apostolic priesthood by creating a new order of ministry in women, the question of the catholicity of the Communion was sealed.

The only posssible claimants to being at all Catholic in Anglicanism is in the Traditional Anglican Communion and its membership, for they have retained the apostolic priesthood.

It's sad to me that the Roman Catholic church will not allow communion by non Catholics as opposed to non Baptised people. That they hold their grude so close. I

It's not a matter of holding a grudge, but of reality. In other words, we can hardly make a pretence of being in "communion" when in fact we are not.
The reason we will not give the Sacrament to non-Catholics is because the entire idea of Eucharist is for the mindset of those in communion with the Church and Christ.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Missed one of your questions though....

If you want to see about ordaning women you have to read Paul's letters. It's based on Man being created directly from God in his image, while women are created from Man. I personally have a major problem with that, as well it's not something Jesus said directly but Pauls thoughts on the matter...

I am NOT fully versed on all of it so if i'm wrong i can listen...

What is the Catholic Church's teaching on priestly ordination concerning women?
In the apostolic letter, Ordinatio Sacerdotalis, Pope John Paul II reaffirmed that the Catholic Church has no authority to confer priestly ordination on women. This teaching is to be held definitively by all the faithful as belonging to the deposit of faith. The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith clarified the authority of this teaching by stating that it is founded on the written Word of God, has been constantly preserved and applied in the Tradition of the Church, and has been set forth infallibly by the universal ordinary magisterium.

ottawabill

Electoral Member
May 27, 2005
Eastern Ontario
Sanctus you did not respond to this part though..

"It's sad to me that the Roman Catholic church will not allow communion by non Catholics as opposed to non Baptised people. That they hold their grude so close. If we are all members of God's flock why do we seem to think some members are better than others....Did not Jesus start to include Gentiles in his ministry? If only Jews were worth as god's choosen people why bring in others. If that is what we are to do, why shut the doors of one church to members of another."

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Sanctus you did not respond to this part though..

"It's sad to me that the Roman Catholic church will not allow communion by non Catholics as opposed to non Baptised people. That they hold their grude so close. If we are all members of God's flock why do we seem to think some members are better than others....Did not Jesus start to include Gentiles in his ministry? If only Jews were worth as god's choosen people why bring in others. If that is what we are to do, why shut the doors of one church to members of another."

For Catholics, receiving Communion is a statement of faith in the Eucharist and a sign of sacramental unity among Catholics. We believe that to distribute communion to non-Church members belies the unity implied in the Sacrament. We cannot pretend, for the sake of being nice as it were, "communion" with those outside of the Church.

ottawabill

Electoral Member
May 27, 2005
Eastern Ontario
For Catholics, receiving Communion is a statement of faith in the Eucharist and a sign of sacramental unity among Catholics. We believe that to distribute communion to non-Church members belies the unity implied in the Sacrament. We cannot pretend, for the sake of being nice as it were, "communion" with those outside of the Church.

Fair enough..however did not John baptise in the name of God and not in the name of the church? Sure the church did not exist at the time be are these not the fundamentals? That all how are baptised by the name of the Father are part of his holy communion?

I certainly understand that you are following "the rules" I do as well within another doctorine. Polite and or Politically correct are not in the game plan, but rather following teachings are.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Fair enough..however did not John baptise in the name of God and not in the name of the church? Sure the church did not exist at the time be are these not the fundamentals? That all how are baptised by the name of the Father are part of his holy communion?

I certainly understand that you are following "the rules" I do as well within another doctorine. Polite and or Politically correct are not in the game plan, but rather following teachings are.

Yes, but John the Baptist did not found the Church, Christ did. Further, St. John the Baptist was not around for the institution of the Eucharist .

I'm not totally hard-assed about distributing the Body of Christ. For example, I married both my sisters (that reads funny dosen't it:) ) and one of them married a man from the United Church.

Since my sister wanted the full Mass, I had a problem. That is, distributing communion to just her and not her groom? And just to my side of the family, all Catholics and not his, mostly Protestant.What I did is at the rehearsal I told the wedding party that for the sake of the Mass we'd just all pretend everyone was Catholic:)

ottawabill

Electoral Member
May 27, 2005
Eastern Ontario
Yes, but John the Baptist did not found the Church, Christ did. Further, St. John the Baptist was not around for the institution of the Eucharist .

I'm not totally hard-assed about distributing the Body of Christ. For example, I married both my sisters (that reads funny dosen't it:) ) and one of them married a man from the United Church.

Since my sister wanted the full Mass, I had a problem. That is, distributing communion to just her and not her groom? And just to my side of the family, all Catholics and not his, mostly Protestant.What I did is at the rehearsal I told the wedding party that for the sake of the Mass we'd just all pretend everyone was Catholic:)

Well Sactum, as you can see I'm not hard nose about it either, more curious questions then anything else.

Granted yes St. John was not there for the first Eucharist. But again didn't Jesus start including many others into his ministry, not because of the club they belonged to but because of the faith they had shown. It seems to me that that it is personal faith that brings you to the body of Christ, not a set of rules... Again I don't expect you to shoulder the whole Catholic Church on this any more then I may the Anglican..There are more than one items from the Anglican church I either find shameful and atleast disagree, however my faith is not based on church docorine or earthly rules, but rather from the Holy spirit entering me, and tring to act according to God's ways and the Sons teachings..trying that is :) not well but do try!!

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
What's the difference between canibalism and eating the body and drinking the blood of Christ?

Just wondering why it's celebrated as so wonderful a thing by Catholics who'd probably regard cannibalism as something wrong...

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Hey Fr. Sanctus give me the rationale why on specific and particular occaisions eating the tranmuted flesh of the son of god isn't cannibalism while on other occasions the same behavior would be regarded as primitive or bestial?????