The Perpetual Sacrifice

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Fr. C. G. Vaillancourt

"I myself am the living bread come down from heaven.
If anyone eats this bread he shall live forever; the bread I will give is my flesh for the life of the world." (Jn. 6:51)

The Catechism tells us all about the Holy Mass as we read on the Holy Eucharist.
The Bible points to the Sacrament of the Eucharist from the early times of The King Melchizedec of Salem who offered bread and wine, then we see how the Israelites ate the Passover meal as a symbol of the Holy Banquet to come and as a condition to be spared from death.

King David in the Psalms is already referring about the Precious Blood of Jesus,
" I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the LORD" Ps. 116.13
The prophet Daniel refers to the abolition of the Perpetual Sacrifice, and Jesus also speaks about this as a sign for the last times, the appalling abomination.
( Mt. 24:15 )

The prophet Malachi (Mal 1:11) speaks about the daily sacrifice.
Jesus speaks very clearly about what the Eucharist means, see the Gospel of John .See other Bible references on the Eucharist.

The Holy Mass is the perpetuation of the Sacrifice of Jesus in Calvary, but in an unbloody manner.

The Lord instituted the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist (Mat 26:26) and at the same time instituted the Sacrament of Holy Orders (or the Priesthood of the Order of Melchizedec), at the Last Supper.

The Holy Mass is the unbloody sacrifice which re enacts the Holy Sacrifice of Jesus in Calvary, by his command. "Do this in memory of me".

Catholics have the greatest treasure available to mortals, the Real Presence of God, Emmanuel, who is truly with us in this humble Sacrament.

Hebrews 10:28 tells us: Anyone who has violated the law of Moses dies without mercy "on the testimony of two or three witnesses." 29 How much worse punishment do you think will be deserved by those who have spurned the Son of God, profaned the blood of the covenant by which they were sanctified, and outraged the Spirit of grace?

Therefore we are called to believe and to respect the Real Presence of Christ in this Blessed Sacrament of our Salvation.

Protestantism has abolished this Sacrament, therefore we can see how our times are really serious, we are running out of good priests and many Catholics no longer believe or understand the reality of the Presence of Christ in the Eucharist.
The Precious Blood of Jesus purifies our souls for everlasting life.

There is no other way of obtaining this Precious Blood except by receiving Him in the Sacrament of the Eucharist which is available in the Catholic or Orthodox Church. We must come to receive Holy Communion in a state of Grace, otherwise we are trampling upon the Precious Blood of Jesus.

Daily communion is the ideal devotion to the Precious Blood of Jesus.

m_levesque

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2006
Montreal, Quebec
Fr. C. G. Vaillancourt

"I myself am the living bread come down from heaven.
If anyone eats this bread he shall live forever; the bread I will give is my flesh for the life of the world." (Jn. 6:51)

The Catechism tells us all about the Holy Mass as we read on the Holy Eucharist.
The Bible points to the Sacrament of the Eucharist from the early times of The King Melchizedec of Salem who offered bread and wine, then we see how the Israelites ate the Passover meal as a symbol of the Holy Banquet to come and as a condition to be spared from death.

King David in the Psalms is already referring about the Precious Blood of Jesus,
" I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the LORD" Ps. 116.13
The prophet Daniel refers to the abolition of the Perpetual Sacrifice, and Jesus also speaks about this as a sign for the last times, the appalling abomination.
( Mt. 24:15 )

The prophet Malachi (Mal 1:11) speaks about the daily sacrifice.
Jesus speaks very clearly about what the Eucharist means, see the Gospel of John .See other Bible references on the Eucharist.

The Holy Mass is the perpetuation of the Sacrifice of Jesus in Calvary, but in an unbloody manner.

The Lord instituted the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist (Mat 26:26) and at the same time instituted the Sacrament of Holy Orders (or the Priesthood of the Order of Melchizedec), at the Last Supper.

The Holy Mass is the unbloody sacrifice which re enacts the Holy Sacrifice of Jesus in Calvary, by his command. "Do this in memory of me".

Catholics have the greatest treasure available to mortals, the Real Presence of God, Emmanuel, who is truly with us in this humble Sacrament.

Hebrews 10:28 tells us: Anyone who has violated the law of Moses dies without mercy "on the testimony of two or three witnesses." 29 How much worse punishment do you think will be deserved by those who have spurned the Son of God, profaned the blood of the covenant by which they were sanctified, and outraged the Spirit of grace?

Therefore we are called to believe and to respect the Real Presence of Christ in this Blessed Sacrament of our Salvation.

Protestantism has abolished this Sacrament, therefore we can see how our times are really serious, we are running out of good priests and many Catholics no longer believe or understand the reality of the Presence of Christ in the Eucharist.
The Precious Blood of Jesus purifies our souls for everlasting life.

There is no other way of obtaining this Precious Blood except by receiving Him in the Sacrament of the Eucharist which is available in the Catholic or Orthodox Church. We must come to receive Holy Communion in a state of Grace, otherwise we are trampling upon the Precious Blood of Jesus.

Daily communion is the ideal devotion to the Precious Blood of Jesus.
I was taught that Catholics should not participate in a non-Catholic religious service. At the very least it spreads scandal and at its worst a person could become confused about their faith. At the last supper Jesus instituted the Eucharist and the Sacrament of Holy Orders. We Catholics believe that it takes an ordained priest to consecrate the host to change the bread and wine into the physical body and blood of Jesus; no ordained priest, no mass, no Eucharist. Unfortuately our Protestant brothers can't offer a valid mass.
It is not necessary to receive Jesus in both forms to receive his whole body, blood, soul and divinity. If you think about it there are many settings where only the host is taken...troops in combat, people in the hospital, old folks homes, shut-ins etc. So, just don't partake of the blood.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
I was taught that Catholics should not participate in a non-Catholic religious service. At the very least it spreads scandal and at its worst a person could become confused about their faith. At the last supper Jesus instituted the Eucharist and the Sacrament of Holy Orders. We Catholics believe that it takes an ordained priest to consecrate the host to change the bread and wine into the physical body and blood of Jesus; no ordained priest, no mass, no Eucharist. Unfortuately our Protestant brothers can't offer a valid mass.
It is not necessary to receive Jesus in both forms to receive his whole body, blood, soul and divinity. If you think about it there are many settings where only the host is taken...troops in combat, people in the hospital, old folks homes, shut-ins etc. So, just don't partake of the blood.
In the Sacrament of the Eucharist Jesus Christ is really, physically, materially, present under the appearances of bread and wine. After the consecration the bread is no longer bread but the body of Christ and the wine is no longer wine but the blood of Christ. This is not my opinion, this is the teaching of the Church, the teaching of Jesus in Jn 6 and the synoptic accounts of the Last Supper.

"From the encyclical Mysterium Fidei by Pope Paul VI......
Not that there lies under those species what was already there before, but something quite different; and that not only because of the faith of the Church, but in objective reality, since after the change of the substance or nature of the bread and wine into the Body and Blood of Christ, nothing remains of the bread and wine but the appearances, under which Christ, whole and entire, in His physical "reality" is bodily present, although not in the same way that bodies are present in a given place."

Therefore, to partake in a Eucharist outside of the Church is a very grave matter indeed.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia

Im truely not trying to cause trouble, But in my rituals I have wine and cakes. I bless them and thank God and Goddess asking that I would never Thirst or go hungry physically or Spiritually. It seems to me the ritual has been around for milleniums. Why would it be heracy to parttake in a ritual so close to your own if in your heart the wine and cake are of your christ's?

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Im truely not trying to cause trouble, But in my rituals I have wine and cakes. I bless them and thank God and Goddess asking that I would never Thirst or go hungry physically or Spiritually. It seems to me the ritual has been around for milleniums. Why would it be heracy to parttake in a ritual so close to your own if in your heart the wine and cake are of your christ's?

Not heresy, but not right for us. This would apply to all non-Catholic communions. It isn't so much the service or the intention of the one offering the service, but the idea of community. For us, the Eucharist is not only the reception of Christ in the elements, but the ideology of being in "communion" as one body. To partake of communion outside of that understaqnding would, for us, be false. It seems harsh I know, but is actually more out of respect. In other words, we know we are not in communion with Religion A, so a false outward sign of "seeming so" we would consider a lie and rude. Does that make sense at all? It is the chief reason why we are not allowed to offer the Eucharist to non-Catholics attending our Masses or functions. Until such a time as we are physically united, we feel that it is disrespectful to the
Sacrament to share it outside of our membership.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Not heresy, but not right for us. This would apply to all non-Catholic communions. It isn't so much the service or the intention of the one offering the service, but the idea of community. For us, the Eucharist is not only the reception of Christ in the elements, but the ideology of being in "communion" as one body. To partake of communion outside of that understaqnding would, for us, be false. It seems harsh I know, but is actually more out of respect. In other words, we know we are not in communion with Religion A, so a false outward sign of "seeming so" we would consider a lie and rude. Does that make sense at all? It is the chief reason why we are not allowed to offer the Eucharist to non-Catholics attending our Masses or functions. Until such a time as we are physically united, we feel that it is disrespectful to the
Sacrament to share it outside of our membership.

I guess I understand. It just seems to me......the type of man your Christ was he would communion with anyone. I just percieve him as that sort of man. I mean isnt fellowship inclusive?

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
I guess I understand. It just seems to me......the type of man your Christ was he would communion with anyone. I just percieve him as that sort of man. I mean isnt fellowship inclusive?

Actually, in this case no. Fellowship, in terms of Communion, is exclusive, or more simply put, for members only. Even amongst our membership, one has to reach a certain age and achieve a period of training before being permitted to participate in the Sacrament. I'm sure you're familiar with First Communion for people aged 7 or so?

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Actually, in this case no. Fellowship, in terms of Communion, is exclusive, or more simply put, for members only. Even amongst our membership, one has to reach a certain age and achieve a period of training before being permitted to participate in the Sacrament. I'm sure you're familiar with First Communion for people aged 7 or so?

Been there done that got the t shirt ;) I recently gave my Sis my menella.........(the medal of mary on one side and I cant remember on the other. I'll gracefully back out of this conver ;)