Love Of Our Neighbour

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
St. John Vianney

All of our religion is but a false religion and all our virtues are mere illusions and we ourselves are only hypocrites in the sight of God if we have not that universal charity for everyone, for the good and for the bad, for the poor people as well as for the rich, for all those who do us harm as much as for those who do us good.

No, my dear brethren, there is no virtue which will let us know better whether we are the children or God than charity.

The obligation we have to love our neighbour is so important that Jesus Christ put it into a Commandment which He placed immediately after that by which He commands us to love Him with all our hearts. He tells us that all the law and the prophets are included in this commandment to love our neighbour. Yes, my dear brethren, we must regard this obligation as the most universal, the most necessary and the most essential to religion and to our salvation. In fulfilling this Commandment, we are fulfilling all others. St. Paul tells us that the other Commandments forbid us to commit adultery, robbery, injuries, false testimonies. If we love our neighbour, we shall not do any of these things because the love we have for our neighbour would not allow us to do him any harm.

csanopal

Electoral Member
Dec 22, 2006
Toronto, ON
I think the charity makes us more similar to God. He did create us in His image, but that image grows in charity, I think. God loves the good and the bad, forgives all who as much as ask (sincerely), always gives another chance, I've even read a description of the confessional as a court where God passes acquittal just for admitting to the crime and regretting it. If we were to treat all our fellow humans like that, we would be more like God. Our Earth would be more like Heaven. I have this nudging feel that God will forgive us a lot for just being loving to people, that the love of the neighbour will transform us and make up for a lot of imperfections.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Love of neighbour is, when you think about it, is the essence of the Gospel. Remembering that love is not always accepting of the wrong that is done. rather it is forgiving that wrong because doing so is right.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
THAT was uncalled for! We all have different veiws when it comes to our politics and our spirituality. YES its hypocritical but its human. Please keep it on the political thread. This thread has a potential to be healing.

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
Hurling personal insults about doesn't do your case much help. Hardly something to get bent out of shape over. I don't totally disagree with you or usually agree with Sanctus.

snfu73

disturber of the peace
I'm just saying what I feel. He does make me sick. I see it as crap. It's not hurling insults...it's what I'm seeing. I'm expressing how I feel what I read these posts and see such crap being posted. It's not that I am bent out of shape about it...but, I am expressing how I feel regardless. I look at it, and I just can't believe it, you know? Then I say something...and people get mad at me. Well, toooo bad. I'm just saying what I'm seeing. What can I tell you.

Reactions: Dexter Sinister

snfu73

disturber of the peace
couldnt you express it in the other thread?
Why...why should I? I feel it relates directly to what Sanctus has posted. This seems like a perfect thread for it. Why go to another thread. Everyone keeps telling me to go to another thread...well...no...what I am saying relates to THIS topic and what was brought up. What thread do you want me to go to??

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
No your not relating to this thread your slandering the OP...........carry on your not going to stop your rant so get it out so we can get back to topic. LOL Loving your neighbor.

snfu73

disturber of the peace
No your not relating to this thread your slandering the OP...........carry on your not going to stop your rant so get it out so we can get back to topic. LOL Loving your neighbor.
Slander is saying stuff that isn't true. I believe that it very much is related to the topic. He talks about loving thy neighbour...but what really is his version of loving thy neighbour?? It seems to me that his loving thy neighbour is loving thy neighbour as long as they are white, christian, live like him, act like him, don't demand too much, respect his religion while abandoning theirs...and then I ask, what is his god teaching him?

I mean, I agree... I think loving thy neighbour is VERY important. I can support that. BUT, what DOES it mean to the original poster. What does that REALLY mean. Is it just a line...a good sounding, wonderful, warm line...or is it something that is actually done??? If it isn't....why?

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
snfu you're being way out of order. Sanctus was just posting about loving thy neighbour. One doesn't even have to be christian to understand that that's wise and good and right. empathy creates sympathy which creates love which creates happiness.

Posts like yours don't help and show an amazing lack of empathy. Even if you have to argue there are nicer ways to do it.

snfu73

disturber of the peace
snfu you're being way out of order. Sanctus was just posting about loving thy neighbour. One doesn't even have to be christian to understand that that's wise and good and right. empathy creates sympathy which creates love which creates happiness.

Posts like yours don't help and show an amazing lack of empathy. Even if you have to argue there are nicer ways to do it.
Did you write that before my last post?

I don't think I am out of order. I feel that I am in order. I feel that I am expressing myself here and my displeasure...I think I am making good, strong points. Sorry...I really do. I mean, yes, the post Sanctus made is a good post...it is nice...BUT...BUT...then I go into another thread and he says the opposite...and says some things that really offend me. Sooooo...I'm pointing that out. And, as usual, this is a public forum...and I'm tired of everyone telling me when I should post what where...I feel that what I am saying is related directly to the main subject. What is it with people in these forums always trying to shut me up or shut me down. These are public forums, and I am expressing myself...I am not being mean and rude for the sake of being mean and rude...I am connecting dots...I'm questioning. It does make me sick when someone posts a wonderful post like this...and yet, himself, taints it by going into other forums and completely making a mockery of it.

But...like selfactivated says....what does it mean to me. And that is something to think about. And, ya, maybe it is better not to look at the source...a source I do not trust...a source that I feel is blatantly wrong at times...who cancels himself out...who...I don't know what the guy is doing. Anyway, like selfactivated says...what does it mean to me....hmmmmm.....well, maybe I do need to think about it. I mean, I still stand by what I have said...but how do I reconcile it with what I am feeling when I read all this stuff...interesting.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Did you write that before my last post?

I don't think I am out of order. I feel that I am in order. I feel that I am expressing myself here and my displeasure...I think I am making good, strong points. Sorry...I really do. I mean, yes, the post Sanctus made is a good post...it is nice...BUT...BUT...then I go into another thread and he says the opposite...and says some things that really offend me. Sooooo...I'm pointing that out. And, as usual, this is a public forum...and I'm tired of everyone telling me when I should post what where...I feel that what I am saying is related directly to the main subject. What is it with people in these forums always trying to shut me up or shut me down. These are public forums, and I am expressing myself...I am not being mean and rude for the sake of being mean and rude...I am connecting dots...I'm questioning. It does make me sick when someone posts a wonderful post like this...and yet, himself, taints it by going into other forums and completely making a mockery of it.

But...like selfactivated says....what does it mean to me. And that is something to think about. And, ya, maybe it is better not to look at the source...a source I do not trust...a source that I feel is blatantly wrong at times...who cancels himself out...who...I don't know what the guy is doing. Anyway, like selfactivated says...what does it mean to me....hmmmmm.....well, maybe I do need to think about it. I mean, I still stand by what I have said...but how do I reconcile it with what I am feeling when I read all this stuff...interesting.

*hugs*

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
snfu. I think part of the problem is that not everyone goes into absolutely all the threads. So dragging arguments from one thread to another makes little sense to any participants besides yourself. If you feel that sanctus made points in one thread which are hypocritical, then explain those points he made, and explain why you feel they negate this post. Simply saying that he's hypocritical and pisses you off, falls into the category of personal attack, and unfounded in the context of this thread. This forum does require a certain amount of 'fitting in'. Posting standards and standard of behavior are things which people here feel very passionate about.