Catholic End Time Prophecy

petros
Ghandi cured India's woes.

Motar
Quote: Originally Posted by MotarView Post

Our Thanksgiving observations are patterned after the Festival of Tabernacles, Dex. His fingerprints are all over our culture.

And many other cultures as well:

Top 10 Harvest Festivals - Travel - National Geographic (external - login to view)

Harvest Festivals Around the World (external - login to view)

Harvest festivals have been celebrated the world over since the dawn of farming. People in diverse places and throughout history have and continue to acknowledge(d) the Source of their bread and butter.

Quote: Originally Posted by MotarView Post

"Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the Lord Almighty, and to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles. (Zechariah 14:16 NIV)

The prophecy states that at a divinely appointed time a remnant of all the nations will assemble together seasonally in the cradle of humanity to celebrate the Source of life and His provision.

Dexter Sinister
The source of their bread and butter is their own labour, and that doesn't always work either, there are famines and widespread starvation sometimes. According to UN statistics something like 9 million children around the world die before reaching 5 years old. That's about 25,000 a day, 17 a minute. They're dying of starvation, disease, war; their parents, most of them, will be praying that their children be spared. Their prayers will not be answered. Given all that this deity fails to accomplish in the lives of those who petition him for help, I find it a much simpler explanation to posit that he doesn't exist.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

I have noticed lately, that this new Pope is starting to admit there is a problem in the church, re: child molesting. In the past it was swept under the carpet and the perpetrators were hidden and protected from prosecution. This hypocrisy is at the core of most ridicule of the church, but the scandal in Ireland has made it impossible to hide or ignore anymore. So I am hoping that the church will once and for all deal with this abomination in a more public and transparent way. Then the church's credibility may be restored and much of the ridicule will subside.

Hypocrisy? Kids are twice as safe from diddlers in the Church than they are in the heathen world.

Why?

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Hypocrisy? Kids are twice as safe from diddlers in the Church than they are in the heathen world.

Why?

Oh, well, that makes the church covering up for Father Feely, and moving him from hunting ground to hunting ground, OK then.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Oh, c'mon, Dex! Western society wouldn't be what it is without the divinely inspired work of good Christians like Aristotle, Leonidas of Sparta, Solon the Lawgiver, and the great explorer Leif Ericsson.

Don't forget Santa Claus!

gerryh
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Oh, well, that makes the church covering up for Father Feely, and moving him from hunting ground to hunting ground, OK then.

I'm curious, what cutesy name do you use for those in the scouting program that were moved around and shuffled out of eyes view,?

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

I'm curious, what cutesy name do you use for those in the scouting program that were moved around and shuffled out of eyes view,?

Well, that makes it OK, then.

I'm disappointed, gerryh. This is beneath your intellect.

the_sign
I've made it something of an intense study over the past few months regarding online articles about the Three Days of Darkness. In approximately two hours, the entire earth will have entered into the final possible Thursday sunrise in which the Three Days of Darkness could possibly begin. There have been more recent articles added to the list and the comprehensive data includes some particulars found in multiple articles. Dealing in absolutes, the fire which began at Fort McMurray the week before the 1,335th day of Daniel 12:12 should have encompassed the entire earth, destroying everything and everybody in its path; but it has been rightly foretold that such events would be shortened so that such destruction is averted. That still leaves the bulk of the online articles looming in the balance of being either actual prophecy or merely written forms of terrorism. The same rule of thumb applies to that bulk, if it is written terrorism, it will have its end; but if it is real (true) prophecy, there is the common denominator that a 72 hour maximum duration will conclude such happenings anyway. Many of the articles foretell of a howling, roaring wind to mark the beginning of the chastisement, and this no later than the actual Thursday sunrise foretold. As I mentioned previously, it would not be within the bounds of God's mercy to have the Three Days of Darkness go beyond the First Liturgical Year of the Judgement (which actually ends at sunset November 26, 2016 A.D.); neither would it be within the bounds of His Justice. Therefore, this is the final weekend that will prove whether the many online articles are truly prophetic or merely the attempts of Legion to terrorize humanity.

Motar
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter SinisterView Post

The source of their bread and butter is their own labour, and that doesn't always work either, there are famines and widespread starvation sometimes. According to UN statistics something like 9 million children around the world die before reaching 5 years old. That's about 25,000 a day, 17 a minute. They're dying of starvation, disease, war; their parents, most of them, will be praying that their children be spared. Their prayers will not be answered. Given all that this deity fails to accomplish in the lives of those who petition him for help, I find it a much simpler explanation to posit that he doesn't exist.

No intellectual box has yet been posited to contain the Creator and Sustainer of the cosmos, Dex.