What if Jesus had been born at a later date.

Murphy
+1
Actually, God did write some of the original drafts. He used a pen name. The problem was with one of the first publishers in Judea. They wanted revisions, but you just didn't walk up to God and say, "Oy! I want some of this corrected!"

So they hired a series of ghost writers and rewrote some of what was written. Apparently, the publisher alleged that God's writing style was very aggressive, and that the masses wouldn't take to it. Further, some of the language was open to misinterpretation.

As a result, some was rewritten and very easy to understand. i.e.

Thou shall not kill, the 10 Commandments.

Other writings were more obscure.

The Lord answered, “Bring me a heifer three years old, a she-goat, three years old, a ram three years old, a turtle dove and a young pigeon.” Genesis 15:9

No one really understood what point He was trying to make. Remember, this was before radio, television or newspapers, so cooking shows were unknown. Or was it about something else. Something sinister?

Genesis was pretty messed up.
Last edited by Murphy; Feb 17th, 2017 at 04:50 PM..

Twila
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by MurphyView Post

Actually, God did write some of the original drafts. He used a pen name. The problem was with one of the first publishers in Judea. They wanted revisions, but you just didn't walk up to God and say, "Oy! I want some of this corrected!"

So they hired a series of ghost writers and rewrote some of what was written. Apparently, the publisher alleged that God's writing style was very aggressive, and that the masses wouldn't take to it. Further, some of the language was open to misinterpretation.

As a result, some was rewritten and very easy to understand. i.e.

Thou shall not kill, the 10 Commandments.

Other writings were more obscure.

The Lord answered, “Bring me a heifer three years old, a she-goat, three years old, a ram three years old, a turtle dove and a young pigeon.” Genesis 15:9

No one really understood what point He was trying to make. Remember, this was before radio, television or newspapers, so cooking shows were unknown. Or was it about something else. Something sinister?

Genesis was pretty messed up.

My favourite part is where god said "let there be light". Who the hell was he talking too? Or on the 4th day god created the sun...but how had 4 days before the sun?

good times, way back then...yep good times.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnnnyView Post

If he did come, he would probably be a hillbilly!!!! And i bet he would drive a Chevrolet...

If she did come, you would probably find her among the poorest people on Earth in sub-Saharan Africa or a Mumbai slum. She'd probably give the Western World in general and North American particular a wide birth because of their non-compliance and contempt for his central message. He didn't journey to Rome two thousand years ago and I wouldn't expect her to do it this time around, either.

Corduroy
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

2. BIRTH OF CHRIST IN 1152 AND HIS CRUCIFIXION IN TSAR-GRAD IN 1185. (external - login to view)

Which cross was he crucified on?

Cliffy

Jinentonix
+1
Mohammed died so you don't have to pick up disabled people in your cab.

petros
+1
Buddha died and died and died and died and died

Curious Cdn
+1
Vishnu's dyed blue.

Cliffy

Ludlow
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

My favourite part is where god said "let there be light". Who the hell was he talking too? Or on the 4th day god created the sun...but how had 4 days before the sun?

good times, way back then...yep good times.

The word "emic" comes to mind. Not necessarily sold on that but, maybe.

Cliffy
+1

Ludlow

come on, try something original for a change. It'll do your brain good.

Original? When you look up the word plagiarize , It has a picture of eaglecrack along side the definition.

Jinentonix

My favourite part is where god said "let there be light". Who the hell was he talking too? O

The angels working in the generator shed.