Christmas ain't the same.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Use to be fun. The tree. The music. The gifts. Family get together. Friends. Pitchin the football out in the front yard. Watching my kids having fun. Moms pies. Mom. No, Christmas ain''t the same.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
When my father was alive, the last Christmas we spent together, it was just the two of us.
We had liver for supper, and gave each other a less then 10 dollar gift
and watched abbot and costello reruns
I'll always remember him that way

I don't have kids of my own

Christmas is about people and love...without them there ain't much there

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
It's a business trend that is calling out of favor. Reality says the 'gifts' should be handed out throughout the year rather than one special day that decides if you are good or bad. Based on that alone most of the people in the world are bad because they get no gifts.

The only thing missing from your 'last supper' was a lit candle. The big feasts would be an abomination to God as no meat can be eaten on a day that has religious aspects. (ie turkey)

Passover is the one feast that does havd some meaning. Life begins at conception as far as God is concerned as that is when your name is written in. The ones that you both will have for eternity once the new earth starts.

Good parents are the ones that admit they want to be a slave to somebody for life. Basically saying their own life has no real meaning, that is a lot more honest than what the ones that end up being bad parents tells themselves.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Then why do the gift thing? Perhaps you seem a bit blue because of the many things you have loved over the years and have lost. Perhaps in the 'twilight years' it is time for you and God to sit down and have a chat about how he is going to restore all those things to you. It will be a lengthy list so it will take awhile to see how he treats you if your name was Job. Lucky for you the book is written as a book of passages so that is how you choose the material to read. The NT is the salvation of the 'elite' and the OT is how the others are saved in the nick of time.
The one gift the book comes with is the 'memo' that you are never really alone and when it is all said and done the one you love the most is based on who gives you the most good things. (ie your parents and other family members in living forms) It is that stage of the book that perfection first comes into play. Adam and Ever were the first to be created as imperfect beings so when it comes time for people to be perfected it will begin with them and their first two children. Cain's gift will be acceptable for a people that are immortal and sinless from that moment on and that is when the original names from the book of life come into play. Since 'we' are in the period of time where some of the living will see the return happen we are inline for a bonus round so to speak as we get to see Christ as a literal being and then God makes an even more impressive entrance that still leaves us 'breathless'. (then the missing relatives show up (with God's appearance and after everybody is in the new earth time and location the rest of the various forms of life are brought back from the dust.)

Speaking of a crappy Christmas........

http://i.imgur.com/MfvhzWbh.jpg
It's the geeky girl in the blue dress's dog so she should clean it up, or she is the only one in the room that is still awake. Is that a photo-shop moment and the dog needs more cheese in his diet.

. . . or the one in the pink as she is laughing. . . .
The tail across the pantleg would be the place to look for photoshop clues.

I love how it seems people are watching the dog and laughing...rather than stopping it
How do you stop it at that stage??

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
Then why do the gift thing? Perhaps you seem a bit blue because of the many things you have loved over the years and have lost. Perhaps in the 'twilight years' it is time for you and God to sit down and have a chat about how he is going to restore all those things to you. It will be a lengthy list so it will take awhile to see how he treats you if your name was Job. Lucky for you the book is written as a book of passages so that is how you choose the material to read. The NT is the salvation of the 'elite' and the OT is how the others are saved in the nick of time.
The one gift the book comes with is the 'memo' that you are never really alone and when it is all said and done the one you love the most is based on who gives you the most good things. (ie your parents and other family members in living forms) It is that stage of the book that perfection first comes into play. Adam and Ever were the first to be created as imperfect beings so when it comes time for people to be perfected it will begin with them and their first two children. Cain's gift will be acceptable for a people that are immortal and sinless from that moment on and that is when the original names from the book of life come into play. Since 'we' are in the period of time where some of the living will see the return happen we are inline for a bonus round so to speak as we get to see Christ as a literal being and then God makes an even more impressive entrance that still leaves us 'breathless'. (then the missing relatives show up (with God's appearance and after everybody is in the new earth time and location the rest of the various forms of life are brought back from the dust.)

It's the geeky girl in the blue dress's dog so she should clean it up, or she is the only one in the room that is still awake. Is that a photo-shop moment and the dog needs more cheese in his diet.

. . . or the one in the pink as she is laughing. . . .
The tail across the pantleg would be the place to look for photoshop clues.

How do you stop it at that stage??
Because people who care about each other exchange gifts dumba$$.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
lol
I got a vintage gibson trini lopez es 335 that someone threw out in the snowbank on my doorstep.
I asked the neigbour who found it if he had a pick guard for my les paul special, and he said sure, but you have to take the whole P.O.S. guitar it's on.
Needs a little work, electronics, a little glue, and some binding, and it will need new frets soon.
lol
I still need a new pick guard for the paul though.

still, best Christmas present I ever got
I guess me and the universe are on OK terms for a change

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
lol, Last time I put lights on something green it was plastic palm leaves stapled to the wall behind it. Ho, ho, ho.
I would have put some lights on the pine trees at the curb but around here SWAT are the ones doing the 'drive-bys' so no future in a 'Santa's Little Helper stand'. Perhaps a heated pad so the stick-on patches deliver their load at a faster rate for the days when the stronger varieties are sold out.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Use to be fun. The tree. The music. The gifts. Family get together. Friends. Pitchin the football out in the front yard. Watching my kids having fun. Moms pies. Mom. No, Christmas ain''t the same.
Why?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

Christmass is the birth of the new sun,
our lord and provider.
The Subshine God Ra,mlord, beg to shine on meone more day if you please
tommorow will be far enough, thanks lord, Sol

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I though we came from mother earth?? If were 'stardust' long ago does it mean we missed the mark by hitting the earth before we became part of the star again and being conscious about it. I would imagine after 10B years you are looking forward to becoming dust again.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
I though we came from mother earth?? If were 'stardust' long ago does it mean we missed the mark by hitting the earth before we became part of the star again and being conscious about it. I would imagine after 10B years you are looking forward to becoming dust again.
WHAT,,,,,,,,,,in the flying scrotum sack are you rambling about sap?