For The Time Will Come

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
"In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction.

For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry." (2 Timothy 4:1-5 NIV)

In a Roman prison awaiting execution for his faith, the apostle Paul warns the evangelist Timothy at Ephesus of approaching apostasy and its antidote:

Keep your head and preach the word.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
Saul did use fear and guilt for not following a certain lifestyle which like a ship floating on stormy seas contradicted grace one moment, and the next moment not.

"That God takes apostasy and false teaching seriously is evidenced by the fact that every New Testament book except Philemon contains warnings about false teaching. Why is this? Simply because ideas have consequences."
What is apostasy and how can I recognize it?

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
"That God takes apostasy and false teaching seriously is evidenced by the fact that every New Testament book except Philemon contains warnings about false teaching. Why is this? Simply because ideas have consequences."
I like the parable of the new wineskins and the old wineskins. Perhaps grace didn't seem to be enough. Let me ask you this Motar. How do you earn a gift?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Any deviation from universal salvation is a false doctrine. If you are conceived you will end up being part of the group that is alive for the 1,000 year reign or you will become alive at the Great White Throne which is the last event before the perfected new earth era begins. Period.

With that in mind it should be impossible to control anybody by telling them they have to do this or that or your fate will be different that what is printed above. That being said if the clergy is corrupt and you still attend that Church you will suffer the same fate as the clergy by missing out on being alive for the 1,000 years even though many would qualify to be alive for that time but they chose to believe a lie rather than leave that Church for a better relationship with God via the Scriptures and through Prayer.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
Any deviation from universal salvation is a false doctrine. If you are conceived you will end up being part of the group that is alive for the 1,000 year reign or you will become alive at the Great White Throne which is the last event before the perfected new earth era begins. Period.

With that in mind it should be impossible to control anybody by telling them they have to do this or that or your fate will be different that what is printed above. That being said if the clergy is corrupt and you still attend that Church you will suffer the same fate as the clergy by missing out on being alive for the 1,000 years even though many would qualify to be alive for that time but they chose to believe a lie rather than leave that Church for a better relationship with God via the Scriptures and through Prayer.
That is about the most meaningless drivel I've ever heard. Perhaps you should hire a retardo speak translator

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
I like the parable of the new wineskins and the old wineskins. Perhaps grace didn't seem to be enough. Let me ask you this Motar. How do you earn a gift?

We are indeed saved by grace (unmerited divine favor), LL. But so many forget that 1) Jesus came full of grace and truth, and 2) we are sanctified by truth.

A spoon full of sugar (grace) helps the medicine (truth) go down. The medicine is truth.

Last edited:

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
We are indeed saved by grace (unmerited divine favor), LL. But so many forget that 1) Jesus came full of grace and truth, and 2) we are sanctified by truth.

A spoon full of sugar (grace) helps the medicine (truth) go down. The medicine is truth.
What people forget, are the words of Jesus. That's what people forget in favor of the wannabe Motar.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
"In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction.

For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry." (2 Timothy 4:1-5 NIV)

In a Roman prison awaiting execution for his faith, the apostle Paul warns the evangelist Timothy at Ephesus of approaching apostasy and its antidote:

Practically-speaking, preaching the word includes walking the talk, in season when it is convenient and out of season when it is unpopular to do so.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm

So, death to apostates? I'm betting there is a bible verse that says just that thing.

Oh, look, here's one.

Deuteronomy 13:6-9 "If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying: Let us go and worship other gods (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other, or gods of other religions), do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people."

'nother one.

euteronomy 17:3-5 "And he should go and worship other gods and bow down to them or to the sun or the moon or all the army of the heavens, .....and you must stone such one with stones and such one must die."

damn, another.

2 Chronicles 15:13 "All who would not seek the LORD, the God of Israel, were to be put to death, whether small or great, man or woman."

I know what you're saying, 'but that's the old testament' the new testament replaces all those old things.'

Wrong.

"Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18)"

Hey Christianity is the same as Islam.

Jesus Akbar.

Hello from the other side...

Quran (4:89) - "They wish that you should reject faith as they reject faith, and then you would be equal; therefore take not to yourselves friends of them, until they emigrate in the way of God; then, if they turn their backs, take them, and slay them wherever you find them; take not to yourselves any one of them as friend or helper." Verse 4:65 says that those who have faith are in "full submission" to Muhammad's teachings. This verse explains what should happen to Muslims who do not have faith.

Sahih Bukhari (52:260) - "...The Prophet said, 'If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him.' "

Sahih Bukhari (83:37) - "Allah's Apostle never killed anyone except in one of the following three situations: (1) A person who killed somebody unjustly, was killed (in Qisas,) (2) a married person who committed illegal sexual intercourse and (3) a man who fought against Allah and His Apostle and deserted Islam and became an apostate."

Sahih Bukhari (84:57) - [In the words of] "Allah's Apostle, 'Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him.'"

Sahih Bukhari (89:271) - A man who embraces Islam, then reverts to Judaism is to be killed according to "the verdict of Allah and his apostle."

Sahih Bukhari (84:58) - "There was a fettered man beside Abu Muisa. Mu'adh asked, 'Who is this (man)?' Abu Muisa said, 'He was a Jew and became a Muslim and then reverted back to Judaism.' Then Abu Muisa requested Mu'adh to sit down but Mu'adh said, 'I will not sit down till he has been killed. This is the judgment of Allah and His Apostle (for such cases) and repeated it thrice.' Then Abu Musa ordered that the man be killed, and he was killed. Abu Musa added, 'Then we discussed the night prayers'"

Sahih Bukhari (84:64-65) - "Allah's Apostle: 'During the last days there will appear some young foolish people who will say the best words but their faith will not go beyond their throats (i.e. they will have no faith) and will go out from (leave) their religion as an arrow goes out of the game. So, wherever you find them, kill them, for whoever kills them shall have reward on the Day of Resurrection.'" This verse from the Hadith is worse than it appears because it isn't speaking solely of apostates, but those who say they believe but don't put their religion into practice.

Other verses that seem to support the many Hadith that establish the death sentence for apostates are Quran verses 2:217, 9:73-74, 88:21, 5:54, 9:66.

You know there are so many in the Quaran that I could go on all night.
Hope you feel good about your religions.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

Very good advice .What is the word?