For The Time Will Come

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by LudlowView Post

Yeah pretty ironic Megaloon saying other people are confused.

I want to thank you two for your comments.
I can understand (without agreeing with them) the things you write about but you cannot understand the thing I write about (God especially). It would appear that you two are the ones that are confused, to the point you even missed this point.
When you mentioned that you follow one of the older religions were you promoting that it was the most valid or that it has had the best chance of being corrupted from the first concept?

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

I want to thank you two for your comments.
I can understand (without agreeing with them) the things you write about but you cannot understand the thing I write about (God especially). It would appear that you two are the ones that are confused, to the point you even missed this point.
When you mentioned that you follow one of the older religions were you promoting that it was the most valid or that it has had the best chance of being corrupted from the first concept?

It is not a matter of not understanding your point of view. It is a matter of your interpretation being out to lunch on a book that is mostly a rehash of older texts that really has no basis in reality.
I don't follow any religion. Not sure where you got that idea from. Probably from the same place you get your interpretation of the bible, your tortured imagination. But I do commend you on speaking your truth, as skewed as it might be.

Ungern
Yes yes.

I have no religion .
For me everybody can believe what he want .
For me the believing is a personal question not a public question et furtherall not a politic question .

I can not accept the behaving of the muslims .

Motar
Quote: Originally Posted by MotarView Post

"For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

This time has come.

Ludlow

This time has come.

The writer of this passage expected all things to be fulfilled in his lifetime.

MHz
It is a list of two things that must happen before the 'gathering can take place', it was assuring them it would not happen in their lifetime as they were the ones receiving the truth first hand so they did not also want to be the ones that became disbelievers. The verse later in that chapter is referring to this prophecy as being what is 'holding back' the gathering, the last event is the revealing on who the man of sin is. (the most powerful man would be the 1 of 10 kings that takes control of 3 of the 10 kingdoms somehow)

Ludlow

It is a list of two things that must happen before the 'gathering can take place', it was assuring them it would not happen in their lifetime as they were the ones receiving the truth first hand so they did not also want to be the ones that became disbelievers. The verse later in that chapter is referring to this prophecy as being what is 'holding back' the gathering, the last event is the revealing on who the man of sin is. (the most powerful man would be the 1 of 10 kings that takes control of 3 of the 10 kingdoms somehow)

Yeah right> pills

Motar

The writer of this passage expected all things to be fulfilled in his lifetime.

Apostasy is not new to our day, LL. There have been myriad infidelities since the original one in Eden.

Dexter Sinister

"The god of the Old Testament is one of the most appalling characters in all of literature."
Got any favorites because I doubt my belief in God is based on your version of the stories.

My favourite in this context would be the story where god sends bears to maul several dozen children to death for the horrible crime of making fun of a supposedly holy man's baldness. 2 Kings 2:23-24
Last edited by Dexter Sinister; Sep 4th, 2016 at 02:33 AM..

Ludlow

Apostasy is not new to our day, LL. There have been myriad infidelities since the original one in Eden.

Motar that has absolutely nothing to do with what I was talking about. Maybe you should spend less time discussing things with Megaloon .

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter SinisterView Post

My favourite in this context would be the story where god sends bears to maul several dozen children to death for the horrible crime of making fun of a supposedly holy man's baldness. 2 Kings 2:23-24

You see to have left out the part where the 'holy man' just saw his farther being taken away by God in a flaming wheel. He was unaware that the powers his father had had been left to him so when the kids teased him about not being able to follow his father he cursed them and that brought the bears. The two witnesses will have the same sorts of 'powers' during their ministry.
Your reason for picking this one has to do with the 'child factor' and 'we' let 25,000 children starve to death per day because 'we' do not see their lives as being worth the effort it would take for us to make them healthy. How much more 'holy' are we when it comes to protecting children. Drones and artillery strikes by US friendly forces probably kill more than 40 children most days and I hear zero complaints from you but have a 'new Prophet' say something in haste and suddenly those children lives are beyond value. Nice try, if children are so important to you why not pay attention to the slaughter of the innocents as it was done by God to teach is what 'the land of the enemy' is. My version has death being the land of the enemy, all other versions have it being some Gentile country. I'm right and you are wrong, suck it up and lets move on as there are more surprises about God waiting for you.

Did you know that the children whose parents and siblings that were killed in the exodus wars will have them come back from 'the land of the enemy' at the same time the 12 tribes come back from there.

When the 'adults' started killing the Prophets God took a lot more than 40 of them and that program isn't finished yet. The 'few in numbers' part of the De:4:30 prophecy is a reference to the 144,000 rather than anything conjured up by men.

Motar that has absolutely nothing to do with what I was talking about. Maybe you should spend less time discussing things with Megaloon .

They were informed that a falling away is requirement, you are promoting that they could be the ones that would fall away and see the man of sin sit on a throne in the temple in Jerusalem. The temple was taken down in 70 AD so that is another clue that 'soon' was not meant for his generation. 'Soon' applies the readers of Revelations that see events begin to unfold in the physical realm. The Luke:21:24 prophecy is 70AD and that is the start of the period of time called, 'the time of the Gentiles'. Re:11 picks that up when there is 42 months left and then a new temple will be standing in Jerusalem, one that Satan and the Beast erect in the time the two witnesses are dead in the streets of Jerusalem. On the day of their resurrection that temple is destroyed and Christ alone builds the structure that will be His Temple for the 1,000 year reign.

You may not have noticed due to your trolling but very little gets discussed here, I thought you should know that.

The first enemies of Christ were the ones that should have been the first to accept Him.

M't:23:14-16:
Woe unto you,
scribes and Pharisees,
hypocrites!
for ye devour widows' houses,
and for a pretence make long prayer:
therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
Woe unto you,
scribes and Pharisees,
hypocrites!
for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte,
and when he is made,
ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.
Woe unto you,
ye blind guides,
which say,
Whosoever shall swear by the temple,
it is nothing;
but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple,
he is a debtor!

2Th:2:7:
For the mystery of iniquity doth already work:
only he who now letteth will let,
until he be taken out of the way.

Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

It is not a matter of not understanding your point of view. It is a matter of your interpretation being out to lunch on a book that is mostly a rehash of older texts that really has no basis in reality.
I don't follow any religion. Not sure where you got that idea from. Probably from the same place you get your interpretation of the bible, your tortured imagination. But I do commend you on speaking your truth, as skewed as it might be.

That part was for LL. Not your call to judge the validity, you get to read and compare it to other versions. If mine is wrong then you must have access to the right version, and you don't.

Motar

Sorry that you misunderstood my post, LL. Sad that you are now insulting your friend : (

Ludlow

Sorry that you misunderstood my post, LL. Sad that you are now insulting your friend : (

You've a giant wall surrounding you that you cannot see and I cannot remove your blinders.

MHz
Perhaps that is your wall.

Motar

You've a giant wall surrounding you that you cannot see and I cannot remove your blinders.

The giant wall is the grace of God to me in Christ, LL. I am thrilled that you can see Him, but grieved that you want to deliver me from Him : (

Ludlow

The giant wall is the grace of God to me in Christ, LL. I am thrilled that you can see Him, but grieved that you want to deliver me from Him : (

Just the opposite is true.

Perhaps that is your wall.

The conversation did not involve you Megaloon. You're too far gone to fiddle with. Take your pills

Motar

Just the opposite is true.

Indeed, LL.

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? ...

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8-35; 37-39 NIV)

MHz
Those things might keep people from God if they use them to get ahead in the world. If they were not some sort of obstacle then why are they the first things that are eliminated when God is the one who is in control?

Motar

Those things might keep people from God if they use them to get ahead in the world. If they were not some sort of obstacle then why are they the first things that are eliminated when God is the one who is in control?

Can you give us an example, MHz?

no new posts