The Ultimate Condemnation of Believers Who Continue to Sin

JamesM
2 Peter 2:1-22, TLB
“… there will be false teachers among you. They will cleverly tell their lies about God,
turning against even their Master who bought them; but theirs will be a swift and terrible end.
Many will follow their evil teaching that there is nothing wrong with sexual sin
But God condemned them long ago and their destruction is on the way …
false teachers are fools—no better than animals. They do whatever they feel like
and they will be destroyed along with all the demons and powers of hell. That is the
pay these teachers will have for their sin. For they live in evil pleasures day after day.
They are a disgrace and a stain among you, deceiving you by living in foul sin on the side
… They train themselves to be greedy; and are doomed and cursed. They have gone off the
road and become lost like Balaam … These men are as useless as dried-up springs of water
… They are doomed to the eternal pits of darkness … they lure back into sin those who
have just escaped from such wicked living
. ‘You aren’t saved by being good’, they say,
‘so you might as well be bad. Do what you like; be free.’ But these very teachers
who offer this ‘freedom’ from law are themselves slaves to sin and destruction.
For a man is a slave to whatever controls him (A). And when a person has escaped from
the wicked ways of the world by learning about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and then
gets tangled up with sin and becomes its slave again, he is worse off than he was before (B).
It would be better if he had never known about Christ at all than to learn of him and then
afterwards turn his back on the holy commandments that were given to him. There is an old
saying that ‘A dog comes back to what he has vomited, and a pig is washed only to come back
and wallow in the mud again.’ That is the way it is with those who turn again to their sin.”

This passage condemns both false teachers and their followers to eternal hell.

Believers who choose to be slaves of sin again are the foolish rebellious believers:
(A) that Paul warns about in Romans 6
(B) that become worse off than unbelievers

taxslave
god is dead.

JamesM
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

god is dead.

Yeah, really?
How come when I have placed my hands on people and prayed
for them in Jesus' name, they were instantly healed?

Oh, I know ... the Devil made me do it, and the Devil did it!
To give a lot of glory to Jesus!
Yup, that must be it ... Thanks!

TenPenny
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesMView Post

2 Peter 2:1-22, TLB
“… there will be false teachers among you. They will cleverly tell their lies about God,
turning against even their Master who bought them; but theirs will be a swift and terrible end.
Many will follow their evil teaching that there is nothing wrong with sexual sin
But God condemned them long ago and their destruction is on the way …
false teachers are fools—no better than animals. They do whatever they feel like
and they will be destroyed along with all the demons and powers of hell. That is the
pay these teachers will have for their sin. For they live in evil pleasures day after day.
They are a disgrace and a stain among you, deceiving you by living in foul sin on the side
… They train themselves to be greedy; and are doomed and cursed. They have gone off the
road and become lost like Balaam … These men are as useless as dried-up springs of water
… They are doomed to the eternal pits of darkness … they lure back into sin those who
have just escaped from such wicked living
. ‘You aren’t saved by being good’, they say,
‘so you might as well be bad. Do what you like; be free.’ But these very teachers
who offer this ‘freedom’ from law are themselves slaves to sin and destruction.
For a man is a slave to whatever controls him (A). And when a person has escaped from
the wicked ways of the world by learning about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and then
gets tangled up with sin and becomes its slave again, he is worse off than he was before (B).
It would be better if he had never known about Christ at all than to learn of him and then
afterwards turn his back on the holy commandments that were given to him. There is an old
saying that ‘A dog comes back to what he has vomited, and a pig is washed only to come back
and wallow in the mud again.’ That is the way it is with those who turn again to their sin.”

This passage condemns both false teachers and their followers to eternal hell.

Believers who choose to be slaves of sin again are the foolish rebellious believers:
(A) that Paul warns about in Romans 6
(B) that become worse off than unbelievers

Posting this crap shows that you're about a hair's-breadth away from being a fundamental Islamic terrorist.

darkbeaver
+2
Fundamental Christian terrorists have never gone away. I don't think he would have to switch Gods.

Jinentonix
+3
#6  Top Rated Post

Yeah, really?

HAHAHAHAHAHA Yes, I'm sure they were healed. Healed of the extra weight carried in their wallets.

darkbeaver
He may be able to do remote healing.

Cliffy
+1

Yeah, really?

If you even had a basic understanding of metaphysics you would know that anybody can do that and you don't need to invoke the name of Jesus or Satan or Lord. Everything is energy, including us.

Spirituality is about humility and you sir, have none. You are coming from intellect and ego. That will get you into hell faster than shacking up with a hooker. Just ask all the TV evangelists who have gone down that road.

MHz
That's only one of a few ways that God makes sure the sinners outnumber believers by a full 1/3 on the day of reckoning.

Apparently if the 'congregation' allows a sinner to stay then the whole congregation receives the same punishment. First let put a log in every-bodies eye.

1Co:5:5-8:
To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh,
that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
Your glorying is not good.
Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?
Purge out therefore the old leaven,
that ye may be a new lump,
as ye are unleavened.
For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven,
neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness;
but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

For 10 points can anyone (in class) explain why God wants to save only 1/3 of the living??

For the fastest way to the 'exit door' you can;t beat this determination.

M'r:6:11:
And whosoever shall not receive you,
nor hear you,
when ye depart thence,
shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them.
Verily I say unto you,
It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment,
than for that city.

For 10 extra points can anybody explain why 'that city' could even be changed over to something like the group of people that gather here constantly??

TenPenny
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

Fundamental Christian terrorists have never gone away. I don't think he would have to switch Gods.

It's the same God, it's only the go-betweens that are different.

Motar

Believers who choose to be slaves of sin...

are not believers, James.

"My sheep recognize my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life and they shall never perish. No one shall snatch them away from me..." (John 10:27-28 TLB)

Ludlow
Quote: Originally Posted by MotarView Post

are not believers, James.

"My sheep recognize my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life and they shall never perish. No one shall snatch them away from me..." (John 10:27-28 TLB)

Yes. The lost sheep of the House of Israel.

MHz

Yeah, really?

Really?? God gives you a 'gift' like that and you squander your time here where the laying of hands will usually make you see stars, . . . and a clinic to get a few stitches. One would think you should be doing hospital rounds and keep 5 beds a head of the Doctors. Looks like you might be due some punishment yourself.

M't:25:23-33:
His lord said unto him,
Well done,
good and faithful servant;
thou hast been faithful over a few things,
I will make thee ruler over many things:
enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
Then he which had received the one talent came and said,
Lord,
I knew thee that thou art an hard man,
reaping where thou hast not sown,
and gathering where thou hast not strawed:
And I was afraid,
and went and hid thy talent in the earth:
lo,
there thou hast that is thine.
His lord answered and said unto him,
Thou wicked and slothful servant,
thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not,
and gather where I have not strawed:
Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers,
and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
Take therefore the talent from him,
and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
For unto every one that hath shall be given,
and he shall have abundance:
but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.
And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness:
there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
When the Son of man shall come in his glory,
and all the holy angels with him,
then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
And before him shall be gathered all nations:
and he shall separate them one from another,
as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
And he shall set the sheep on his right hand,
but the goats on the left.

Isa:56:9-12:
All ye beasts of the field,
come to devour,
yea,
all ye beasts in the forest.
His watchmen are blind: they are all ignorant,
they are all dumb dogs,
they cannot bark;
sleeping,
lying down,
loving to slumber.
Yea,
they are greedy dogs which can never have enough,
and they are shepherds that cannot understand:
they all look to their own way,
every one for his gain,
from his quarter.
Come ye,
say they,
I will fetch wine,
and we will fill ourselves with strong drink;
and to morrow shall be as this day,
and much more abundant.

Ac:27:25:
Wherefore,
sirs,
be of good cheer:
for I believe God,
that it shall be even as it was told me.

httpwwwyoutubecomwatchvQtdOpnCBLj8

Quote: Originally Posted by LudlowView Post

Paul and the Beloved Disciple refer to Gentiles as 'their children, when Jew says that what do you conjure up what that actually means??

You may or may nor realize that the tower of Babble was a Gentile project of that the 600+ laws from the OT were temporary as are the 10 Commandments, they will be retired for the Law stated in Re:21 as that is the Law that is befitting a sinless and immortal group of people comprised of the 12 Tribes and the Church. Still with the program??

Joh:10:16:
And other sheep I have,
which are not of this fold:
them also I must bring,
and they shall hear my voice;
and there shall be one fold,
and one shepherd.

Ac:10:17-20:
Now while Peter doubted in himself what this vision which he had seen should mean,
behold,
the men which were sent from Cornelius had made enquiry for Simon's house,
and stood before the gate,
And called,
and asked whether Simon,
which was surnamed Peter,
were lodged there.
While Peter thought on the vision,
the Spirit said unto him,
Behold,
three men seek thee.
Arise therefore,
and get thee down,
and go with them,
doubting nothing:
for I have sent them.

Ludlow

Yeah, really?

Um hmm. uh, yeah right. yeeeeewww betchee. BE HEALED!!!,,,,,inthe nayhayhayhayhaymmmm of Jaysus amen.

MHz
Jude:1:18:
How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time,
who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

I guess that one can get a check-mark beside it. (along with Johnny. He has been mocked already in case you missed it. You appear to be applying to be his sermon writer.)

M'r:5:8:
For he said unto him,
Come out of the man,
thou unclean spirit.

Should it resist you, a 40 day fast will solve that 'problem', same as it did for Jesus.

darkbeaver

They have been characterized as lost when in fact they have escaped.

Ludlow
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

They have been characterized as lost when in fact they have escaped.

Depends on your perspective DB

Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

Jude:1:18:
How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time,
who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

I guess that one can get a check-mark beside it. (along with Johnny. He has been mocked already in case you missed it. You appear to be applying to be his sermon writer.)

M'r:5:8:
For he said unto him,
Come out of the man,
thou unclean spirit.

Should it resist you, a 40 day fast will solve that 'problem', same as it did for Jesus.

take your pills

MHz
That new O3 one is, . . . . interesting. Vant some??

You shour have a cactus flower salad and go for a long walk, clear your mind.

httpwwwyoutubecomwatchv-4pw31njqio

Last edited by MHz; Jul 19th, 2016 at 12:59 PM..

darkbeaver
Every time I think about her I'm showered in Sin.

Motar

"Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent." (Acts 13:26 NIV)

Ludlow

"Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent." (Acts 13:26 NIV)

Good ole Luke

Motar

Good ole Luke

A Gentile (Luke) citing a Messianic Jew (Paul):

"On the next Sabbath almost the whole city gathered to hear the word of the Lord. When the Jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy. They began to contradict what Paul was saying and heaped abuse on him. Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: 'We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles. For this is what the Lord has commanded us: 'I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.' When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed." (Acts 13:44-48 NIV)
Last edited by Motar; Jul 19th, 2016 at 05:22 PM..

Cliffy
+1

Ludlow

A Gentile (Luke) citing a Messianic Jew (Paul):

"On the next Sabbath almost the whole city gathered to hear the word of the Lord. When the Jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy. They began to contradict what Paul was saying and heaped abuse on him. Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: 'We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles. For this is what the Lord has commanded us: 'I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.' When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed." (Acts 13:44-48 NIV)

Uh huh.

Motar

Uh huh.

So Luke and Paul are citing the prophet Isaiah who predicts that Gentiles will be included:

"And now the Lord says—he who formed me in the womb to be his servant to bring Jacob back to him and gather Israel to himself, for I am honored in the eyes of the Lord and my God has been my strength—he says: 'It is too small a thing for you to be my servant to restore the tribes of Jacob and bring back those of Israel I have kept. I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth.” (Isaiah 49:5-6 NIV)

Ludlow
Included in what Motar? When Jesus addressed the religious leaders he said, " you cross land and sea to make one convert, and you make them twofold more a child of hell than you are yourselves". They are called the "lost " Sheep. So i ask again, included in what?

Motar

Included in what Motar? When Jesus addressed the religious leaders he said, " you cross land and sea to make one convert, and you make them twofold more a child of hell than you are yourselves". They are called the "lost " Sheep. So i ask again, included in what?

"my salvation" (Isaiah 49:6 NIV)

Ludlow

"my salvation" (Isaiah 49:6 NIV)

Saved from what?

darkbeaver
22. THE BIBLE. The Bible describes the events of the XII-XVII cc. and is completed at the end of the XVII century. The New Testament narrates the second half of the XII century, and the Old Testament – about the XII-XVII cc. The books of the New Testament give the account of the life and deeds of the emperor Andronicus-Christ (Andrey Bogolyubsky), Mary Theotokos (Mother of God), Christ's apostles who lived in the second half of the XII - beginning of the XIII cc. The Old Testament also relates to these characters, but also tells us about the Ottoman conquest of the XV-XVII cc, about the Moscow Kingdom – the metropoly of the XV-XVII cc. Empire, about the Ottoman Empire (Atamania) and finally about the Time of Troubles in the early XVII century.
The legendary Old Testament mount Sinai (Zion), aka Horeb – is the Vesuvius volcano in Italy. The biblical cities Sodom and Gomorrah destroyed by God ('24 Then the Lord rained on Sodom and on Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of the heavens… 28 …the smoke of the country went up like the smoke of a furnace' (Genesis 19:24, 19:2 are the famous cities of Stabia and Herculaneum, buried by the eruption of the Vesuvius in the XVI – early XVII cc. The part of the Apocalypse of the Old Testament about the destruction of Jerusalem gives an account of the ruin of the city of Pompey during the eruption of Vesuvius in 1631 (and far from the II century as we have been assured). The ruins of 'ancient' Pompey excavated from the ground show us the way people of the XVI-XVII cc. lived. The 'classical' artists of Pompey were the contemporaries of the epoch of Rafael and Julio-Romano. It is not surprising that they had a common style [1v], ch.1.
The well-known God's Revelation together with the commandment tablets that the biblical Moses received also on Vesuvius in the XV century. '…there was thunder and lightning, with a thick cloud over the mountain (Sinai), and a very loud trumpet blast… Mount Sinai was covered with smoke, because the Lord descended on it in fire. The smoke billowed up from it like smoke from a furnace, and the whole mountain trembled violently. As the sound of the trumpet grew louder and louder, Moses spoke and the voice of God answered him' (Exodus 19:9, 19:11, 19:13, 19:16, 19:18-19). Besides this, the legend absorbed not only the story of Moses' commandment tablets, but also the story of Yaroslav meteorite falling near the Volga river in 1421 [1v], ch.1, [PRRK].
Biblical Phoenicia – Venice, the mighty Republic of Venice. According to the Bible the 'ancient' Phoenicia was a powerful maritime state reigning over the entire Mediterranean and establishing its colonies in Sicily, Spain and Africa. The 'ancient' Phoenicians traded heavily with the far away countries (Ezekiel, ch.27).
Various events from the Old Testament, for example, the journey of the Israelites lead by Moses and the conquest of the Promised Land by Joshua ben Nun, didn't take place in the modern Palestine, but in Europe, in particular in Italy, as well as in America.

Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

It's the same God, it's only the go-betweens that are different.

A go between would be a spacer would it not?

Motar

Saved from what?

Self-destruction, LL.