The Gospel of Jesus’s Wife

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
King called the business-card-size papyrus “The Gospel of Jesus’s Wife.”

But even without that provocative title, it would have shaken the world of biblical scholarship. Centuries of Christian tradition are bound up in whether the scrap is authentic or, as a growing group of scholars contends, an outrageous modern fake: Jesus’s bachelorhood helps form the basis for priestly celibacy, and his all-male cast of apostles has long been cited to justify limits on women’s religious leadership. In the Roman Catholic Church in particular, the New Testament is seen as divine revelation handed down through a long line of men—Jesus, the 12 apostles, the Church fathers, the popes, and finally the priests who bring God’s word to the parish pews today.

Did Jesus Have a Wife? - The Atlantic

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
You having a hard time doing your own research? This is from the 1611KJV preface, a document I'm sure is foreign to you.

"If you aske what they had before them, truely it was the Hebrew text of the Olde Testament, the Greeke of the New."

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
You having a hard time doing your own research? This is from the 1611KJV preface, a document I'm sure is foreign to you.

"If you aske what they had before them, truely it was the Hebrew text of the Olde Testament, the Greeke of the New."
I studied the development of the English bible several years ago . You gave your answer. Thanks it's what I expected. Now take your pills I've already taken mine. :).

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
Do you mean compared to as*holes like you?

That's well and fine but what you should have been studying is what all the words actually mean.
You mean like Vines dictionary of New Testament words ? Yeah I read that too. What else should I have done great teacher of enlightenment? Sage of all wisdom and knowledge.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013

The marriage metaphor illustrating the relationship between God and His people spans the biblical record, tay.

"As a young man marries a young woman, so will your Builder marry you; as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you." (Isaiah 62:5 NIV)

"Go and proclaim in the hearing of Jerusalem: “This is what the Lord says:‘I remember the devotion of your youth, how as a bride you loved me and followed me through the wilderness, through a land not sown." (Jeremiah 2:2 NIV)

All four of the gospel records continue the metaphor.

"At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom." (Matthew 25:1 NIV)

"Jesus answered, 'How can the guests of the bridegroom fast while he is with them? They cannot, so long as they have him with them." (Mark 2:19 NIV)

"But the time will come when the bridegroom will be taken from them; in those days they will fast." (Luke 5:35 NIV)

"The bride belongs to the bridegroom. The friend who attends the bridegroom waits and listens for him, and is full of joy when he hears the bridegroom’s voice. That joy is mine, and it is now complete." (John 3:29 NIV)

The explanation of the metaphor is given in the Revelation.

"I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband." (Revelation 2:21 NIV)

"One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and said to me, 'Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.' And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God." (Revelation 21:9-10 NIV)

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
'And he carried me away in the Spirit'

His wife is the person mentioned that will be standing beside Him as New Jerusalem descends to the new earth. The Beloved Disciple is the Scribe who wrote the Gospel of John (the Baptist) and Revelations so that is who Jesus's bride will be and the rest of mankind is invited to the wedding.

If you fools can't figure out a simple concept of who a 'wife' is how in the hell do you expect to be right about anything you conjure up in your deluded minds.

Joh:11:5:
Now Jesus loved Martha,
and her sister,
and Lazarus.

Joh:13:23:
Now there was leaning on Jesus' bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved.

Lu:10:40:
But Martha was cumbered about much serving,
and came to him,
and said,
Lord,
dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone?
bid her therefore that she help me.

Lu:10:41:
And Jesus answered and said unto her,
Martha,
Martha,
thou art careful and troubled about many things:

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
Y'all can't know shyt unless you were there. All you have is hearsay from people trying to create a religion. I like to think that if the man was real, he had that one someone to love. Mary Magdalen maybe?

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
The Zionists hate Jesus Christ and Prophet Mohammed; this is so obvious.

The grandfathers and the grandsons are alike in this hatred.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
Why is this? They should have assissted them in their mission of inviting people to God alone.

The outcome was the regression of the Zionists after the Christ and after Prophet Mohammed; the Zionists were discarded to the garbage.

Their next regression will be by the Mahdi, after whom they will not prevail once again till Doomsday.

Last edited:

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Why is this? They should have assissted them in their mission of inviting people to God alone.

The outcome was the regression of the Zionists after the Christ and after Prophet Mohammed; the Zionists were discarded to the garbage.

Speaking of garbage look who just showed up.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
The Christ certainly has his wives in Paradise (or heaven); Jesus was a true man, as was Prophet Mohammed and the rest of God's apostles.

The puzzling thing about Jesus Christ:
He did not marry here on earth: because he was created in the womb of Virgin Mary without father .. why is this?

His father is in heaven; his father it seems was a righteous man and he is in Paradise. JC had been on one of the previous planets: he was born ordinarily by a mother (other than Virgin Mary), and by a father, then JC had died and his father and mother had died, and were judged in the previous Judgment Day. So he was admitted to Paradise and was with the angels one of the high rank angels brought close to God.

Then God created the present solar system and the present earth, then God commanded JC to go down to the earth and to enter the body of the fetus created in the womb of Virgin Mary; so he entered and was the Christ, born miraculously without father.

So his title is the Word of God: because he was created without father by God's word: Be, and he was as God wanted.
And his title is the Rouh of God: because he was the servant of God, one of the angels of the kind of Rough, like Gabriel.

So he did not marry, because he should not have seed and offspring.
It may be this was the reason why his mission was quick and fast.
God is All-Knowing.

Last edited:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Jesus was married and his progeny was the Holy Grail, not a cup. The cup is symbolic of his wife's womb. By virtue of genetics, many thousands or millions of people would carry his genes (if he actually existed, of course). I really don't get why people still believe this patriarchal BS because Life comes from the feminine. The masculine principle cannot create Life. All the Abrahamic religions have got it all back asswards. If they knew anything about history, they would know that it was the patriarchy that destroyed the divine feminine principle for purely political reasons; the control of the masses. If you look back in history, you will see exactly when the masculine usurped the Feminine.

You can study the scriptures all you want, but unless you understand it in the context of history and the divine feminine, you are barking up the wrong tree. The male principle has been nothing but a sperm donor because the Creative Force has always been Feminine. The perfect metaphor can be found in the Preying Mantis; the female has to bite of the head of the male in order that he donate his sperm. Chew on that for a bit. :)

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Sounds like Jeasus and all his buddies were gay.

Which would explain a lot.
You being gay would explain your comment as you don't seem to be able to view some men as being together and sex is not on the menu. Way to give up your secret desires fag.

Speaking of garbage look who just showed up.
. . . and an Islamophobic to boot. Is that because they are anti-gay as a rule. (unless they are radicalized like the ones in the UK and the US)

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
You being gay would explain your comment as you don't seem to be able to view some men as being together and sex is not on the menu. Way to give up your secret desires fag.

. . . and an Islamophobic to boot. Is that because they are anti-gay as a rule. (unless they are radicalized like the ones in the UK and the US)
You don't know megadummy

Their next regression will be by the Mahdi, after whom they will not prevail once again till Doomsday.
What does the pervert mewhock,hock,hammed have to do with anything selfshlock.?