The Gospel of Jesusís Wife

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by TrekView Post

QUESTION: Since Paul was not one of Jesus' original twelve disciples then how could he be an apostle?
ANSWER: The book of Acts records the calling and conversion of Saul of Tarsus, a zealous persecutor of those who believed Jesus was the Messiah. Paul was personally chosen by the risen and glorified Christ to be His apostle to the Gentiles.

That choosing may have been a tad different than what you are claiming. Saul would most likely have been called to examine 4 books that appeared from nowhere that were written in flawless Greek. Saul would have been reading Luke and the passage that brought the light was the lord's prayer being said by a devout follower of God, even if he was misguided at the time. This would have been the start of a prophecy that was related to the 'latter days' and that same sort of event should happen to many Gentiles as they also say sincere prayers during the final stages of the 'latter days'.

De:4:27-31:
And the LORD shall scatter you among the nations,
and ye shall be left few in number among the heathen,
whither the LORD shall lead you.
And there ye shall serve gods,
the work of men's hands,
wood and stone,
which neither see,
nor hear,
nor eat,
nor smell.
But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God,
thou shalt find him,
if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.
When thou art in tribulation,
and all these things are come upon thee,
even in the latter days,
if thou turn to the LORD thy God,
and shalt be obedient unto his voice;
(For the LORD thy God is a merciful God
he will not forsake thee,
neither destroy thee,

nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

The few in numbers is a reference to the 144,000 that are sealed from physical harm that comes during the first 6 trumps. All the rest of the 12 Tribes will need a resurrection to become alive again.

Eze:39:23:
And the heathen shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity:
because they trespassed against me,
therefore hid I my face from them,
and gave them into the hand of their enemies:
so fell they all by the sword.
Eze:39:24:
According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions have I done unto them,
and hid my face from them.

He makes in clear in the book of Galatians that his special calling was "not from men nor through man" (Galatians 1:1), meaning no human or church group chose or 'ordained' Paul to be a minister or told him to preach to the Gentiles.

Christ dictating what words God gave Him through the Holy Spirit. We pray to God and God sends Christ if that prayer is to be answered.

Paul's commission, which came directly from God, was known the day he was baptized (Acts 9:15-16). It did not take him long after his baptism to begin powerfully proclaiming that Jesus (who, only a short while before, he was persecuting - Acts 9:4) was the Son of God (see Acts 9:19 - 25).

Saul may have gotten the 4 Gospels during his time of blindness as he passed the smell test with the Disciples who came to restore his vision. What he taught in the epistles would have been given to him at the time he gave the info to the people (and it was writteb down)

Paul reiterates his direct calling and commission by stating, again in Galatians, that after his conversion he had no communication whatsoever with the other apostles (James, Peter, John, etc.) until many years later (Galatians 1:16).

Peter and the Apostles stayed in Jerusalem, they would have been teaching the very same Gospel to the people there, right up until they departed for the Nations in 70AD. (all Christians in Judea would have departed on their own rather than being led away by a Roman army.

The word apostle means "one sent." The twelve who had been with Jesus throughout His ministry were called to be eyewitnesses of His resurrection (Acts 1:21 - 22). When Judas Iscariot betrayed Jesus, he lost his part in this calling.

He still repented his sins before he died so he still has a place with the Apostles when they are resurrected.

Knowing that one of Jesus' other disciples needed to take Judas' part, the eleven found two among the 120 disciples who had also been with Jesus during His entire ministry and were present at His ascension - Matthias and Barsabas. Matthias was chosen by the risen Christ to take part with the eleven as an eyewitness of His resurrection (Acts 1:24 - 26).

Where does it say they were with Jesus for 3 1/2 years? The time starts from when John the Baptist was called and that was about 6 months before Jesus was baptized and that was about 1 month before a Passover and even then Jesus did not start preaching until John was in prison. May of Bethany was a Disciple of John so she alone would have been there for all that John had to say.

Paul also became an eyewitness "as of one born out of due time" (1Corinthians 15:1. He personally saw the risen Christ and was taught by Him for 3Ĺ years in Arabia (Galatians 1:17, 1Corinthians 11:2, 23) - which occurred after his conversion in Damascus.

It actually says 3 years.

The New Testament clearly establishes three criteria for the designation of apostle.

• Seeing the risen Christ in order to be an eyewitness of His resurrection (Acts 1:22)
  • Being personally taught by Him for 3Ĺ years (Acts 1:22)
  • Receiving a specific commission from Christ Himself (Acts 1:17, 25)
Paul fulfilled all three criteria and is therefore, without a doubt, an apostle. In closing, it should be noted that NO MAN, since the first century A.D., has met these three criteria for the designation of apostle.

Jesus didn't baptize anybody until after His resurrection.

Trek
+1
Total drivel on this thread.

MHz
You have yet to put out any argument that supports how my posts are out of context and as fl;awed as you claim they are. If you can't do that then perhaps your own version is the one that is out of context and flawed. Even pre-tribbers have to alter one verse as it says the man of sin will be here sitting on a throne in Jerusalem before anybody is gathered.

2Th:2:1-5:
Now we beseech you,
brethren,
by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ,
and by our gathering together unto him,
That ye be not soon shaken in mind,
or be troubled,
neither by spirit,
nor by word,
nor by letter as from us,
as that the day of Christ is at hand.
Let no man deceive you by any means:
for that day shall not come,
except there come a falling away first,
and that man of sin be revealed,

the son of perdition;
Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God,
or that is worshipped;
so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God,
shewing himself that he is God.

Remember ye not,
that,
when I was yet with you,
I told you these things?

Trek
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

You have yet to put out any argument that supports how my posts are out of context and as fl;awed as you claim they are. If you can't do that then perhaps your own version is the one that is out of context and flawed. Even pre-tribbers have to alter one verse as it says the man of sin will be here sitting on a throne in Jerusalem before anybody is gathered.

2Th:2:1-5:
Now we beseech you,
brethren,
by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ,
and by our gathering together unto him,
That ye be not soon shaken in mind,
or be troubled,
neither by spirit,
nor by word,
nor by letter as from us,
as that the day of Christ is at hand.
Let no man deceive you by any means:
for that day shall not come,
except there come a falling away first,
and that man of sin be revealed,

the son of perdition;
Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God,
or that is worshipped;
so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God,
shewing himself that he is God.

Remember ye not,
that,
when I was yet with you,
I told you these things?

Too much utter nonsense, I wouldn't know where to begin.

MHz
I don't seem to have any problem coming up a reply to your posts. You can't find one topic because there are too many? That's quite the argument you have there. Best of luck with it, lol.

Tecumsehsbones

QUESTION: Since Paul was not one of Jesus' original twelve disciples then how could he be an apostle?

Since Gollum held the One Ring for decades, if not centuries, why was he not a Ringbearer, when Sam, who held it for a few hours, was?

Trek
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Since Gollum held the One Ring for decades, if not centuries, why was he not a Ringbearer, when Sam, who held it for a few hours, was?

Paul was an Apostle as it is shown in the Bible.

Tecumsehsbones
+1

Paul was an Apostle as it is shown in the Bible.

Gollum was a Ringbearer as it is shown in The Hobbit and Return of the King.

Motar

Gollum was a Ringbearer as it is shown in The Hobbit and Return of the King.

Nice metaphor, TB : ) Matthew 20:1-16 sheds some light. It would seem that although Gollum held the ring for a time, he was never hired to do so.

Trek
Quote: Originally Posted by MotarView Post

Nice metaphor, TB : ) Matthew 20:1-16 sheds some light. It would seem that although Gollum held the ring for a time, he was never hired to do so.

I disagree, Gollum was not a ringbearer - he only found the ring & fell under it's bewitchment. Gollum was not anointed, or called by any authority to be the Ringbearer or carry out any commission.

Ludlow
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

Peter was the first Apostle to teach the Gentiles about the coming bruise to the head prophecy. When Peter and Paul finally met for two weeks the only disagreement they has was about which James was more important, James the Apostle or James, the brother of Jesus. Now you have two teaching the same thing and all the other Apostles would have taught the same thing. Luke:21:12-24 would also have been taught as the scattering was in 70AD and prophecy isn't taught as

You do realize that you look sillier and sillier with every post you make, don't you and that is sure to follow you around from thread to thread. lol You might as well change your handle to Stupid.

And what did Jesus instruct Peter to do before he ascended ? You remember don't ya Maynard. It is in the gospel of John. He repeated it to Peter three times.

Quote: Originally Posted by AngstromView Post

Well this thread is a prime example of stupid.

no you are

Megaloon. Seriously . You are quite possibly the most ignorant dumbazz I've ever met. Get some psychiatric help and take your pills.

Angstrom
Quote: Originally Posted by LudlowView Post

no you are Megaloon. Seriously . You are quite possibly the most ignorant dumbazz I've ever met. Get some psychiatric help and take your pills.

I'm not the one trying to relate my life to some loser that may or may not have existed 2000 years ago, who belived in a boogey man in the sky

Ludlow

I'm not the one trying to relate my life to some loser that may or may not have existed 2000 years ago, who belived in a boogey man in the sky

Is your name Megaloon,, dummy?

Angstrom
Quote: Originally Posted by LudlowView Post

Is your name Megaloon,, dummy?

WHy the fuÄk are you quoting my a$$?

Ludlow

the no you are was for you.lol

Tecumsehsbones

I disagree, Gollum was not a ringbearer - he only found the ring & fell under it's bewitchment. Gollum was not anointed, or called by any authority to be the Ringbearer or carry out any commission.

Bull. The owner of the One Ring was Sauron. You could argue that it passed to Isildur as spoils of war, but Isildur lost it, and Gollum found it. So the rightful owner was either Aragorn as Isildur's heir, or Gollum as the finder of long lost goods. Bilbo was a mere thief, and a thief can't pass good title. Hence Frodo never owned the Ring, and Sam sure as heck didn't. Even assuming that the motley collection of annoying elves and wizards constituted valid authority (which I do not concede), what about Bilbo? That little rat never bore the Ring anyplace under anybody's authority, and he made the cut.

Cliffy

Megaloon, meet Megadork your arch nemesis.

MHz
Okay, . . . and who are you, the creamy center??

Motar

Re-read my post, Trek.

MHz

Bull. The owner of the One Ring was Sauron. You could argue that it passed to Isildur as spoils of war, but Isildur lost it, and Gollum found it. So the rightful owner was either Aragorn as Isildur's heir, or Gollum as the finder of long lost goods. Bilbo was a mere thief, and a thief can't pass good title. Hence Frodo never owned the Ring, and Sam sure as heck didn't. Even assuming that the motley collection of annoying elves and wizards constituted valid authority (which I do not concede), what about Bilbo? That little rat never bore the Ring anyplace under anybody's authority, and he made the cut.

There is a 4th book, one in which the ones that died at the end of the 3rd book arise from the graves as white warriors and the 'winners' at the end of the 3rd book end up melting as they celebrated their sins rather than mourned over them. The repair of the world then takes place and the ones that were 'melted' come back into a 'holy land'. You probably know all that though beings like you are smarter than a book.

Whoever carried the ring was the 'bearer', when they put it on they became a slave to the ring. The bearer would be 'inclined' to take journeys that 'enriched the ring alone' in the end. The way to break the spell is to treat the ring like a piece of worthless shiny stuff and make sure it gets a new dent at regular intervals.

Cliffy
+1
Are any of you bible thumping gawd botherers familiar with the Gnostic Gospels? Do any of you have a clue why they were rejected when the synod of Nicaea organized the bible under the direction of Constantine?

Tecumsehsbones
I'm really upset that in the second edition of the "Poor Man's Fight" series they changed Allison's name to Madelyn.