Yahweh and Allah. Are they moral and ethical Gods?

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012

Some say we cannot say or know, because it is all myth.

http://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

I think they are wrong as men can judge actions.

I think we can at least know if Yahweh and Allah, and the religions they spawned, are good or evil.

Since God is a Man interpreting God’s words, believers all following a Man.

We invent our Gods and put them above us. But ultimately get all we know of God, and his morality from others around us. Priests and imams interpret and are the spokes in the religious communication network. Those priests and imams are teaching violence against their neighbor instead of love. I do not see that as ethical behavior for any moral religion.

From what you know of Yahweh and Allah, and the religions they have spawned, would you say that those two War loving Gods, as we also love it in their image, good Gods, or would you say they are something else?

Regards
DL

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Same god, diff names.

Sure. But is that God moral?

Regards
DL

in the Koran and Bible, both boast of creating all evil

Yes but both religions have their Gods punishing us for evil.

That is hardly God stepping up to his creative responsibilities.

Then again, Yahweh is known for punishing the innocent instead of the guilty.

Regards
DL

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I have my answer but if you want to keep yours a moral views a secret, then you should have stayed away from a thread that speak of them.

Regards
DL
You ask stupid questions. Questions that the answers should remain a personal choice and a private matter. I called you on it. 'You're a baiter. Nothing more.

Type of instigator who speaks out of both sides of his mouth.

Last edited:

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
You ask stupid questions. Questions that the answers should remain a personal choice and a private matter. I called you on it. 'You're a baiter. Nothing more.

Type of instigator who speaks out of both sides of his mouth.

If I ask stupid questions, shame on you for giving non-answers to them. You are the idiot here and not I.

Regards
DL

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Of course they're not moral. No god is. Man created them as well as the laws and rules we attribute to them.

However, since there's no real universal definition of what constitutes moral behavior, how do we decide what's moral and what isn't?
Islam teaches that lying to advance the religion in non-Muslim cultures is perfectly acceptable. In fact, lying to non-Muslims about anything is acceptable.
The Bible says, "Thou shalt not kill", and yet how many people did God kill directly, or even indirectly through the Israelites. Hell, he kills people just because he's pissed off at them. Yeah, there's a good role model to try and pass off as a kind, loving god; a mass murderer who's quick to anger and with no impulse control.
I mean the guy gets pissed off at one city and decides to basically firebomb it, taking out like 6 other cities while also wreaking havoc on the people who still lived in the surrounding countryside. Yeah, there's a real morality lesson.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Not even gods. Just some mythological beings that evil people use to control the uneducated and gullible.

Points for accuracy.

Regards
DL

Of course they're not moral. No god is. Man created them as well as the laws and rules we attribute to them.

However, since there's no real universal definition of what constitutes moral behavior, how do we decide what's moral and what isn't?
Islam teaches that lying to advance the religion in non-Muslim cultures is perfectly acceptable. In fact, lying to non-Muslims about anything is acceptable.
The Bible says, "Thou shalt not kill", and yet how many people did God kill directly, or even indirectly through the Israelites. Hell, he kills people just because he's pissed off at them. Yeah, there's a good role model to try and pass off as a kind, loving god; a mass murderer who's quick to anger and with no impulse control.
I mean the guy gets pissed off at one city and decides to basically firebomb it, taking out like 6 other cities while also wreaking havoc on the people who still lived in the surrounding countryside. Yeah, there's a real morality lesson.

You left me with nothing to argue.

I will dispute this lightly though.

"However, since there's no real universal definition of what constitutes moral behavior, how do we decide what's moral and what isn't?"

This link seems to think we are close to knowing what a universal morality looks like and about 70 % can name their 5 top moral tenets.

That is not 100% of course but if we were to sit with most people to get past language and terms, I think we would be in the high 90's in agreement.

http://www.ted.com/talks/jonathan_haidt_on_the_moral_mind?language=en

The only people that I have questioned on this that do not agree are the religious and they indicate that the moral is ok but that their God is allowed to do the immoral because he is the only one who knows the whole future.

That od course is a cop out on their part. That old fear of God thing always has the religious cowards developing an immoral double moral standard where they can forgive and love God for doing what they rightly condemn men for.

I see that as one of the greater evils or religions.

Regards
DL

Last edited:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Hey.....

SCREW!

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm

Some say we cannot say or know, because it is all myth.

http://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

I think they are wrong as men can judge actions.

I think we can at least know if Yahweh and Allah, and the religions they spawned, are good or evil.

Since God is a Man interpreting God’s words, believers all following a Man.

We invent our Gods and put them above us. But ultimately get all we know of God, and his morality from others around us. Priests and imams interpret and are the spokes in the religious communication network. Those priests and imams are teaching violence against their neighbor instead of love. I do not see that as ethical behavior for any moral religion.

From what you know of Yahweh and Allah, and the religions they have spawned, would you say that those two War loving Gods, as we also love it in their image, good Gods, or would you say they are something else?

Regards
DL

Neither exist so your point is moot.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

So you think it a moot point to try to show Christians and Muslims that they follow immoral creeds.

Ok.

You show their same immoral position of not following the Golden Rule.

You would not want to follow a poor moral course yet do not seem to care if others do. Nor do you seem to care about the victims that those immoral creeds create.

You must be quite religious. You have their self-serving attitude of not following the Golden Rule and having compassion both for the misguided religious or their victims.

Regards
DL

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
The problem is, they do exist on an existential level. Hence my initial response to this thread. It's similar to the phenomenon where if you tell yourself the same lie often enough you start to believe it's true. God's exist because humans have convinced themselves that gods exist. We've given them human personality traits like jealousy and anger. We even change their skin colour to suit our personal preferences, ie; Christ is now White despite the fact he was an ethnic Jew, assuming he existed at all.
And despite the 1700 years of Christianity preceding its founding, America is somehow "God's country". In fact he cares SO much about what happens in America, he keeps telling people to run for President.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015

The Creator is the same One, and His names are many: among His names are Yahweh, God and Allah, in addition to:
Most Gracious, Most High, Most Merciful, All-Knowing, All-Forgiving, Almighty, and the rest of His beautiful names and attributes.

If I ask stupid questions, shame on you for giving non-answers to them. You are the idiot here and not I.

Regards
DL

Truly, looking to your avatar, it is so obvious that you have no brain.

Hey.....

blue-wildebeestjpg[/IMG]

SCREW!

A worshiper of bull: Satan worshiper.

Not even gods. Just some mythological beings that evil people use to control the uneducated and gullible.

Of course such are the assertions of atheists, which they repeat like the parrot, from the books of blind atheists: the drunkard.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
The Creator is the same One, and His names are many: among His names are Yahweh, God and Allah, in addition to:
Most Gracious, Most High, Most Merciful, All-Knowing, All-Forgiving, Almighty, and the rest of His beautiful names and attributes.

Truly, looking to your avatar, it is so obvious that you have no brain.

A worshiper of bull: Satan worshiper.

Of course such are the assertions of atheists, which they repeat like the parrot, from the books of blind atheists: the drunkard.
You know NOTHINK Selfslime.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
The problem is, they do exist on an existential level. Hence my initial response to this thread. It's similar to the phenomenon where if you tell yourself the same lie often enough you start to believe it's true. God's exist because humans have convinced themselves that gods exist. We've given them human personality traits like jealousy and anger. We even change their skin colour to suit our personal preferences, ie; Christ is now White despite the fact he was an ethnic Jew, assuming he existed at all.
And despite the 1700 years of Christianity preceding its founding, America is somehow "God's country". In fact he cares SO much about what happens in America, he keeps telling people to run for President.
Got it all figured out eh? Glad someone does.