What would Jesus think ?

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I'll never forget my niece who is no longer with us, wanting to find a good church to go to because she wanted some sort of spirituality in her and her daughters life. We were very close and I miss her a great deal. At any rate she called me and told me she had went to a big church on Cave Creek road in north Phoenix. Huge church . I have driven by it many times and actually lived pretty close. Beautiful landscape and architecture . Kinda looked like the Taj Mahal. At any rate my niece went there once and when she entered she noticed that there were tapes and books and all kinds of religious items for sale in the large entry which was a room that looked like a store. Millions of dollars would be required to build a structure like this and to maintain it would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars a year. I believe I remember a story in the bible where Jesus walked in to the temple and people were buying and selling and trying to make money . I remember the story saying that Jesus turned over their tables and said, my fathers house is a house of prayer, but you have made it into a den of thieves. My thoughts are that there are many who use religion to make a profit and believe you me some make millions. They prostitute the hopes and dreams of people searching for some sense of purpose . Some sense of spirituality . Some sense of comfort and reason in a world that at times can be trying. And these buzzards take advantage and fleece them for as much as they can get. Not all Pastors are this way. There are many sincere religious leaders who really do care about people. But it's these vultures who use religion for their own selfish wants and desires that need to be exposed for what they are. What would Jesus think of these con -men and women? I think the answer is obvious. They have nothing to do with spirituality. It's all about the prostitution of hopes and dreams. And it's as low as you can go. Can anyone say, "Marjoe"

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
It's about retailing merchandise .

For some. Then again, you are very good at using a very broad brush when it comes to religions, and then get very upset if that broad brush is used on americans.

I anticipate another "zooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom" here also.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
For some. Then again, you are very good at using a very broad brush when it comes to religions, and then get very upset if that broad brush is used on americans.

I anticipate another "zooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom" here also.
If ,,dummy,, you read the whole thing you'll find that I am only talking about mega churches idiot.

You really are stupid why not take some fish oil and enhance your cognitive abilities.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
If ,,dummy,, you read the whole thing you'll find that I am only talking about mega churches idiot.

You really are stupid why no take some fish oil and enhance your cognitive abilities.

"Why no take"? roflmfao........

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Because there isn't a structured Darbyist authority to put they kybosh on it.

Anglican, Lutheran, Catholic, Orthodox and AL other structured faith would never allow that.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Yes,,,lmao at a typo. Real good Gerry you got me there.

Anything else moron?

Well, when using your "superior intellect" as an argument, I always find it funnier then hell that "typo's" are made. It really shows your "superior" intellect.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
Well, when using your "superior intellect" as an argument, I always find it funnier then hell that "typo's" are made. It really shows your "superior" intellect.
And who is claiming a superior intellect Gerry? Are you hallucinating today or have your meds worn off. Maybe it's medication time again.

Maybe you should take a break,,not one of your better days.

Incidentally, if you've read any of my previous posts you'll find nothing but positive statements about the Catholic faith and their charitable organizations which we have been a part of . And although I am not a Catholic and do not adhere to their theology I admire their effort to help those who are hurting. This is about Mega churches you idiot. If your Azz is chafed today maybe break out the desiten and get off to yourself until it heals.

oh,,,and do a lmao because I spelled Desitin wrong too while your at it.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
I'll never forget my niece who is no longer with us, wanting to find a good church to go to because she wanted some sort of spirituality in her and her daughters life. We were very close and I miss her a great deal. At any rate she called me and told me she had went to a big church on Cave Creek road in north Phoenix. Huge church . I have driven by it many times and actually lived pretty close. Beautiful landscape and architecture . Kinda looked like the Taj Mahal. At any rate my niece went there once and when she entered she noticed that there were tapes and books and all kinds of religious items for sale in the large entry which was a room that looked like a store. Millions of dollars would be required to build a structure like this and to maintain it would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars a year. I believe I remember a story in the bible where Jesus walked in to the temple and people were buying and selling and trying to make money . I remember the story saying that Jesus turned over their tables and said, my fathers house is a house of prayer, but you have made it into a den of thieves. My thoughts are that there are many who use religion to make a profit and believe you me some make millions. They prostitute the hopes and dreams of people searching for some sense of purpose . Some sense of spirituality . Some sense of comfort and reason in a world that at times can be trying. And these buzzards take advantage and fleece them for as much as they can get. Not all Pastors are this way. There are many sincere religious leaders who really do care about people. But it's these vultures who use religion for their own selfish wants and desires that need to be exposed for what they are. What would Jesus think of these con -men and women? I think the answer is obvious. They have nothing to do with spirituality. It's all about the prostitution of hopes and dreams. And it's as low as you can go. Can anyone say, "Marjoe"

The apostate church is dealt with in Revelation 17, LL.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
Rev 17 is referring to Rome Motar. The city of seven hills.

The apocalypse is both literal and symbolic, LL. Dogmatism here can lead us astray. In Revelation 17, the apostate church is a global system. She may literally be headquartered in Rome or Rome may symbolize her or both.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Incidentally, if you've read any of my previous posts you'll find nothing but positive statements about the Catholic faith and their charitable organizations which we have been a part of . And although I am not a Catholic and do not adhere to their theology I admire their effort to help those who are hurting.
I've never seen a Rosary, Bible, Crucifix, Shroud of Tourin beach towels, or videos of tours of Israel sold at an RC Church.

They ask nothing, you have the free will to donate if you can or be cheap and take a freebie if you can afford a profitable donation.

Free will. That's what Jesus would say, they have the free will to market Religion but one day will have to face the consequences of their choices.