Subterfuge

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
In Revelation 13, a counterfeit trinity is unveiled. The dragon, the sea beast and the earth beast arrive on the scene to attempt to steal the show (revelation).

The performance is directed by one:
"The dragon stood on the shore of the sea...The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority." (Revelation 13:1,2b NIV)

The wild sea beast (anti-Christ) plays a lead part:
"The (sea) beast was given a mouth to utter proud words and blasphemies and to exercise its authority for forty-two months. It opened its mouth to blaspheme God, and to slander his name and his dwelling place and those who live in heaven. It was given power to wage war against God’s holy people and to conquer them. And it was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation." (Revelation 13:5-7 NIV)

The lamb-like earth beast (false prophet) has a supporting role:
"Then I saw a second beast, coming out of the earth. It had two horns like a lamb, but it spoke like a dragon. It exercised all the authority of the first beast on its behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed. And it performed great signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to the earth in full view of the people. Because of the signs it was given power to perform on behalf of the first beast, it deceived the inhabitants of the earth." (Revelation 13:11-14 NIV)

The inhabitants of the earth are initially deceived and filled with wonder and worship for the trio and their performance, until the masks come off and all are forced to purchase season tickets. God's people are called to patient endurance, faithfulness and wisdom.

Have these events already taken place, are they happening now or are these future occurrences?

Last edited:

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
The dragon is wisdom the beast is man the sea is life. The old books say these events never cease on earth, hell.

I think that's what the dinosaurs said too. You know because they had 'Dominion' over the planet for so much longer than humans have even existed. Irony you dumb god lovers. (not you DB)

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
The dragon is wisdom the beast is man the sea is life. The old books say these events never cease on earth, hell.

This is the thinking in some traditions, DB. Biblically-speaking, Christians experience warfare, not wisdom from the dragon:

"Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to wage war against the rest of her offspring—those who keep God’s commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus." (Revelation 12:17 NIV)

Last edited:

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Is this "dragon" the cause of all the suffering and injustice throughout history Motar, or could it be that humanity is the bad guy. If this is not about us, then why would a benevolent entity allow his children to be tortured by an outside source?

Good luck in all your endeavors Motar you're a nice Lady. :).