Pope Not Feeling Very Christmasy

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Pope Francis pulled no punches and appears to be leading his very own war on Christmas. In a sermon this week, he called the decadent holiday a "charade":

Christmas is approaching: there will be lights, parties, Christmas trees and nativity scenes The world continues to go to war. The world has not chosen a peaceful path," .

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Maybe he wants to see a more traditional celebration. Starving urchins in the streets shivering outside the bawdy houses on christmas eve waiting for mum. Pick pockets hoisting the price of a goose, ghosts of christmas past.

How many coniferous trees have to die this year for the Baby Horus.

In the east I see a star, let's get the fu ck out of here it's Russians.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Actually he has a point there is no meaning of Christmas oh I mean the holiday season.
The emotion of pro and con what to call the damn holiday has reduced the actual event
to a footnote or should I say a few confused lines in lights.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Actually he has a point there is no meaning of Christmas oh I mean the holiday season.
The emotion of pro and con what to call the damn holiday has reduced the actual event
to a footnote or should I say a few confused lines in lights.

I think the #1 thought of Christmas should be peace on earth. We are anything but thinking that as we buy something nice for little Suzie.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
The pope has no children to watch there faces as they open their toys on Christmas morning.

How could he know much of anything if he hasn't had the chance to give things to his kids.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Maybe he wants to see a more traditional celebration. Starving urchins in the streets shivering outside the bawdy houses on christmas eve waiting for mum. Pick pockets hoisting the price of a goose, ghosts of christmas past.

How many coniferous trees have to die this year for the Baby Horus.

In the east I see a star, let's get the fu ck out of here it's Russians.

:p

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
And someone should tell the Pope that, as a Protestant, I believe Catholicism to be idolatrous.

Down with papism and popery.

Last edited: