Tested For Ten Days

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
"In the third year of the reign of Jehoiakim king of Judah, Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon came to Jerusalem and besieged it. And the Lord delivered Jehoiakim king of Judah into his hand, along with some of the articles from the temple of God. These he carried off to the temple of his god in Babylonia and put in the treasure house of his god. Then the king ordered Ashpenaz, chief of his court officials, to bring into the king’s service some of the Israelites from the royal family and the nobility — young men without any physical defect, handsome, showing aptitude for every kind of learning, well informed, quick to understand, and qualified to serve in the king’s palace. He was to teach them the language and literature of the Babylonians. The king assigned them a daily amount of food and wine from the king’s table. They were to be trained for three years, and after that they were to enter the king’s service. Among those who were chosen were some from Judah: Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah. The chief official gave them new names: to Daniel, the name Belteshazzar; to Hananiah, Shadrach; to Mishael, Meshach; and to Azariah, Abednego. But Daniel resolved not to defile himself with the royal food and wine, and he asked the chief official for permission not to defile himself this way. Now God had caused the official to show favor and compassion to Daniel, but the official told Daniel, 'I am afraid of my lord the king, who has assigned your food and drink. Why should he see you looking worse than the other young men your age? The king would then have my head because of you. ' Daniel then said to the guard whom the chief official had appointed over Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah, 'Please test your servants for ten days: Give us nothing but vegetables to eat and water to drink. Then compare our appearance with that of the young men who eat the royal food, and treat your servants in accordance with what you see.' So he agreed to this and tested them for ten days. At the end of the ten days they looked healthier and better nourished than any of the young men who ate the royal food. So the guard took away their choice food and the wine they were to drink and gave them vegetables instead." (Daniel 1:1-16 NIV)

How does what we consume impact our spiritual and physical health?

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Whole grain bread is more healthier than white bread according to the experts.

I've spent most of my life eating white bread. I've since gone back to eating bread that is healthier. In many ways.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Royal food? They had Burger King way back then? eewwww gross. I cannot blame Danny for not wanting it.

Food is chemicals. Different foods can affect the chemistry in our bodies. It is not rocket surgery. I am not sure anyone knows what a spirit is so likely cannot tell you how it is affected. But if you eat crap, it is likely the spirit follows.

Whole grain bread is more healthier than white bread according to the experts.

I've spent most of my life eating white bread. I've since gone back to eating bread that is healthier. In many ways.
I like multigrain. It's kind of like porridge in a slice. lol

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
It would be comparable to eating organic food today compared to 'processed' food. When you have God on your side you could probably go without food for 40 days and still look healthier than most people. The question would now be is why didn't the diets get changed for the others or did it?

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
How does what we consume impact our spiritual and physical health?

The wine is unhealthy and causes diseases, this is certain, but they in spite drink it for pleasure.
It is forbidden in the Torah and in the Quran.

Moreover, the way of slaughtering animals includes some healthy points: the slaughtering will allow the blood to go out of the animal body before it dies ( because the heart is still pumping the blood before the animal will die at last), while the dead animal has more of its blood remains within its body.

So the idolaters or heathens have non-hygienic or non healthy ways concerning their food.

Comments:
1- Although Nabuchodonosor was an idolater, but he knew God Almighty and he associated others with God. So before he went to Jerusalem, he consulted God by the arrow, and God allowed him or ordered him to go and attack them, and he obeyed the consultation command.

The explanation: Nabuchodonosor sacrificed a sacrifice, and prayed God to tell him what to do, then he hanged two targets at some distance: on one of them he wrote: go against them, and in the other he wrote: don't go; then he threw his arrow, and the arrow hit the target with the order: Go and attack them, so he marched and attacked them.

2- The Babylonians knew that the Children of Israel had prophets and had the heavenly book, but they knew that the Children of Israel were corrupt and that they had disobeyed God; therefore, when Nabuchodonosor conquered Jerusalem, he released Prophet Jeremiah or Eremiah who was in the prison of Sedecias.

It would be comparable to eating organic food today compared to 'processed' food. When you have God on your side you could probably go without food for 40 days and still look healthier than most people. The question would now be is why didn't the diets get changed for the others or did it?

Mentioning the name of God on the food before eating it will makes it more blessed and more beneficial, and on finishing the meal, man should thank God and praise Him.
Moreover, mentioning the name of God on the cattle to be slaughtered is essential or else it will be unlawful.
The slaughterer should be monotheistic following the exclusive devotion to God and he should mention the name of God at the time of the slaughtering.

Therefore, we can eat of the slaughtered cattle of Jews, but not of Christians. As such Abu Abdallah said: because the way of Jews of slaughtering the cattle is similar to that of Muslims, i.e. they usually mention the name of God; while Christians do not mention the name of God on the slaughtered animal, in addition: mostly they believe in the Trinity and some of them believe Jesus is God, or Jesus is the son of God.

But if we know that the slaughterer is an atheist or non-religious (even if he is a Muslim) and he does not mention the name of God, then we should not eat of his slaughtered cattle.

Last edited:

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
The wine is unhealthy and causes diseases, this is certain, but they in spite drink it for pleasure.
It is forbidden in the Torah and in the Quran.

Moreover, the way of slaughtering animals includes some healthy points: the slaughtering will allow the blood to go out of the animal body before it dies ( because the heart is still pumping the blood before the animal will die at last), while the dead animal has more of its blood remains within its body.

So the idolaters or heathens have non-hygienic or non healthy ways concerning their food.

Comments:
1- Although Nabuchodonosor was an idolater, but he knew God Almighty and he associated others with God. So before he went to Jerusalem, he consulted God by the arrow, and God allowed him or ordered him to go and attack them, and he obeyed the consultation command.

The explanation: Nabuchodonosor sacrificed a sacrifice, and prayed God to tell him what to do, then he hanged two targets at some distance: on one of them he wrote: go against them, and in the other he wrote: don't go; then he threw his arrow, and the arrow hit the target with the order: Go and attack them, so he marched and attacked them.

2- The Babylonians knew that the Children of Israel had prophets and had the heavenly book, but they knew that the Children of Israel were corrupt and that they had disobeyed God; therefore, when Nabuchodonosor conquered Jerusalem, he released Prophet Jeremiah or Eremiah who was in the prison of Sedecias.

Mentioning the name of God on the food before eating it will makes it more blessed and more beneficial, and on finishing the meal, man should thank God and praise Him.
Moreover, mentioning the name of God on the cattle to be slaughtered is essential or else it will be unlawful.
The slaughterer should be monotheistic following the exclusive devotion to God and he should mention the name of God at the time of the slaughtering.

Therefore, we can eat of the slaughtered cattle of Jews, but not of Christians. As such Abu Abdallah said: because the way of Jews of slaughtering the cattle is similar to that of Muslims, i.e. they usually mention the name of God; while Christians do not mention the name of God on the slaughtered animal, in addition: mostly they believe in the Trinity and some of them believe Jesus is God, or Jesus is the son of God.

But if we know that the slaughterer is an atheist or non-religious (even if he is a Muslim) and he does not mention the name of God, then we should not eat of his slaughtered cattle.
Wine is as good as it's container

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
The disbelievers wrangle with believers that: it is only protein, whether it is dead or slaughtered.

{Quran 6: 121. But [O Muslims] eat not of that over which God's name has not been pronounced [at the time of slaughtering or shooting]; it is abomination h.
The devils inspire their allies [: the associaters i] to wrangle with you [about the dead animal]j; if you obey them k, indeed you are associaters [like them.]}
h i.e. its eating is not allowed, and is out of the cattle allowed to be eaten.
i by means of suggestion and deception.
j i.e. they say to you: "How do you eat of that which you yourselves kill, and do you not eat of that which God kills, while the slain by God is more worthy to be eaten than your slain is?" They mean by that the 'dead animal', so that is their wrangling with Muslims.
k To eat the 'dead animal' and that which is dedicated to anyone other than God.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
You did get the part about the Israelite's working in the Palace of the Babylonian King eh?
Politically Correct even then, The real statement is "They were enslaved"
Same People adapted to Islam now but just the same old crowd

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
You did get the part about the Israelite's working in the Palace of the Babylonian King eh?
Politically Correct even then, The real statement is "They were enslaved"
Same People adapted to Islam now but just the same old crowd

I agree with you, damngrumpy, but of course, except the last line :lol:

The Israelites were enslaved by Nabuchodonosor for seventy years, as had they been enslaved by Pharaoh for about 400 years.
The Islam is God's religion, and it does not adopt anything like this.
Or is the nuclear bombs were adopted by the Christianity?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
^ Not a clue
... and not likely to ever have a clue.

wine is just fermented grape or some other fruit or plant.
I have heard that MUslims eat camels' eyes. I am pretty sure that some camels have seen some pretty horrible and demonic things, so when their eys get eaten, I bet that evil is passed onto whomever eats of them.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
... and not likely to ever have a clue.

wine is just fermented grape or some other fruit or plant.
I have heard that MUslims eat camels' eyes. I am pretty sure that some camels have seen some pretty horrible and demonic things, so when their eys get eaten, I bet that evil is passed onto whomever eats of them.
a virus. Infection. Only way to describe it.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
I am not sure anyone knows what a spirit is so likely cannot tell you how it is affected.

I would suggest that the spirit is the non-material self. The spirit is fed what we hear, read, see.

Last edited:

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Coincidentally, the desert dwelling hermits who penned this stuff were all hallucinating from ergot poisoning from the grain.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
Coincidentally, the desert dwelling hermits who penned this stuff were all hallucinating from ergot poisoning from the grain.
isn't that the stuff the witches were partaking of when the Puritans decided to roast them?

incidentally not everything relative to religion is based upon the written words. There is also oral tradition.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
isn't that the stuff the witches were partaking of when the Puritans decided to roast them?

incidentally not everything relative to religion is based upon the written words. There is also oral tradition.
One could say that it is all a matter of faith.