Are religions manmade and natural or supernaturally based?

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012

IMO. All religions are manmade and all God’s are projections of man’s desires for supremacy and to be the Alpha male of the human race. Survival of the fittest and our desire to be the fittest human is what drives us and keeps mankind progressing and evolving.

I offer the following to prove my case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTepA-WV_oE&feature=em-subs_digest-vrecs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ1PDxeUynA
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-father-complex.htm

This last shows the Gnostic Christian understanding of seeking the ideal human and Jesus archetype that we call Jesus the good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9QI3nlinYQ

The choice people have is to believe that religions are ultimately products of a supernatural God who dictates policy to humans, who then pen them into holy books, and we have many Gods who are of this ilk, or to recognize that all these Gods are products of man’s imagination.

Proof for manmade Gods is obvious. Men have created the documentation of what they think.

Proof for a supernatural God has yet to be shown other than humans who say they wrote what was dictated by a God. Some do not see that as proof.

I think the proof we have of God’s being manmade is that no real supernatural God has ever bothered to correct any of the contradicting information about him, her or it. No God has ever corrected us.

Do you think Gods are manmade or do you believe in a supernatural God?

Why do you think that way?

Regards
DL

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Why do you ask questions that you don’t want to hear the answers to?

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Judging by the OP poster's handle I'd say he went to a parochial school and, judging by the way he hates Christianity, I'd also say the nuns who taught him didn't think he was very smart.

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017

IMO. All religions are manmade

People are two categories:
1- believers in God alone without associate,
2- unbelievers (either atheists or idolaters who associate others with God Almighty)

Therefore, the opinion of the OP belongs to the second group: the atheists and idolaters.

Atheists' opinion is that there is no God, and so all religions are invented by man,

while the belief of believers tells that God sent the apostles (starting from Adam, then others like Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Mohammed and the Mahdi) ...

God sent all His apostles (or messengers) with the message that people should worship none other than God alone without associate and they should work the righteous work and be not transgressors.

This message is the message of all messengers or apostles: so anyone telling people to devote themselves to God alone: he is an apostle or a follower of the apostles.
(By this means: we will know that these men were apostles of God because they called and invited people to God alone without associate)

And anyone (like the original poster) inviting people to any program other than this
exclusive devotion to God alone, then such one is a Satan follower and he is either an atheist or idolater (means: associater who associates with God other beings or objects)

Last edited:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
2- unbelievers (either atheists or idolaters who associate others with God Almighty)

bla bla bla..........
Believers are like parrots. They cannot think for themselves so they believe what others tell them to believe. Once you believe something your mind is closed to new ideas and information. If a religious person could be reasoned with, there would be no religious people. Belief is like a prison and prisoner threw away the key.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Believers are like parrots. They cannot think for themselves so they believe what others tell them to believe. Once you believe something your mind is closed to new ideas and information. If a religious person could be reasoned with, there would be no religious people. Belief is like a prison and prisoner threw away the key.

Describes to a tee those who believe in anthropogenic climate change.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
I went to a catholic christian school. In my hometown they are the public system.

The Nuns WERE dumb....and scared to death of my mother, the head of the local high school science department and a DVM and someone who NEVER went to church because...well...knowing and believing are two different things.

Though the nuns were not at the friday lunch drinking sessions at the local hotel that the high school teachers used to have...I'll give them that.
:)
They drank in private.

Funny: The catholic principle who tried to prevent me from getting my gr 12 sure got religion in a hurry when I showed her the letter to every parent I was going to send showing how she had no valid ontario teacher's license.

She taught world religions of which there apparently is only one, catholicism, and was going to screw me over for a half credit, because she was VOTED to have lost every single debate we had.(I was elected to be the class debater)

She was hell FIRED right after that incident, which came at the end of that year.

Last edited:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
She taught world religions of which there apparently is only one, catholicism, and was going to screw me over for a half credit, because she was VOTED to have lost every single debate we had.(I was elected to be the class debater)

She was hell FIRED right after that incident, which came at the end of that year.
You were a master-bater?

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Why do you ask questions that you don’t want to hear the answers to?

To inform the less intelligent/educated or gullible.

Regards
DL

All religions are manmade except one.

Who created it if not a human?

Regards
DL

French Patriot's?

No. Mine is also man made. Gnostic Christianity has no supernatural beliefs.

Regards
DL

Judging by the OP poster's handle I'd say he went to a parochial school and, judging by the way he hates Christianity, I'd also say the nuns who taught him didn't think he was very smart.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Thanks for showing what kind of mind you have.

Regards
DL

The French lycee system follows a strictly closed secular ideology.

True. The French do not respect what does not deserve respect.

Regards
DL

Insightful.

They also throw away the morality key and end in adoring a genocidal son murdering God.

Regards
DL

Therefore, the opinion of the OP belongs to the second group: the atheists and idolaters.

Atheists' opinion is that there is no God, and so all religions are invented by man,

while the belief of believers tells that God sent the apostles (starting from Adam, then others like Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Mohammed and the Mahdi) ...

God sent all His apostles (or messengers) with the message that people should worship none other than God alone without associate and they should work the righteous work and be not transgressors.

This message is the message of all messengers or apostles: so anyone telling people to devote themselves to God alone: he is an apostle or a follower of the apostles.
(By this means: we will know that these men were apostles of God because they called and invited people to God alone without associate)

And anyone (like the original poster) inviting people to any program other than this
exclusive devotion to God alone, then such one is a Satan follower and he is either an atheist or idolater (means: associater who associates with God other beings or objects)

You are way off base.

As a perpetual seeker after God, I do not devote myself to any ideology although I do like the ones, unlike Christianity and Islam, that do not promote homophobia and misogyny.

Do you favor those? Why?

Regards
DL