Man's gun goes off during Easter service: Reports

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
QMI Agency
First posted: Monday, April 06, 2015 12:31 PM EDT | Updated: Monday, April 06, 2015 12:56 PM EDT
If you simply must bring a gun to church, you should probably check the safety is on.
A Pennsylvania man's gun went off in his pocket during an Easter vigil mass on Saturday evening when the trigger caught on his pants, the Altoona Mirror reported.
After the gun went off, the man tried to hide the gun in a program and pass it to someone else, witness Jason Wagler told Action4 News in Pittsburgh.
"I noticed the gun was handed to another gentleman. He immediately concealed it in a white program, so I took pictures of the gun inside this program," Wagler said.
The man was taken to hospital with a hand injury, but no charges have been laid, the station reported.
"It's a shame to know you can't go into church without having something like this happen," Wagler said.
Man's gun goes off during Easter service: Reports | World | News | Toronto Sun

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
yep sounds about right

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Mmmmm...mmmmm... Altoona Pennsylvania. So many good times and good memories from there.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Yep and there's idiots without guns too. :)

Yes, and it stands to reason that most of those are in America as well. Just a percentage of the population, which means that we have our share as well.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
QMI Agency
First posted: Monday, April 06, 2015 12:31 PM EDT | Updated: Monday, April 06, 2015 12:56 PM EDT
If you simply must bring a gun to church, you should probably check the safety is on.
A Pennsylvania man's gun went off in his pocket during an Easter vigil mass on Saturday evening when the trigger caught on his pants, the Altoona Mirror reported.
After the gun went off, the man tried to hide the gun in a program and pass it to someone else, witness Jason Wagler told Action4 News in Pittsburgh.
"I noticed the gun was handed to another gentleman. He immediately concealed it in a white program, so I took pictures of the gun inside this program," Wagler said.
The man was taken to hospital with a hand injury, but no charges have been laid, the station reported.
"It's a shame to know you can't go into church without having something like this happen," Wagler said.
Man's gun goes off during Easter service: Reports | World | News | Toronto Sun

Can SOMEBODY please teach these idiots that loaded handguns should only be in one of two places......

In your hand.

In your HOLSTER, not your ****ing POCKET!

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Can SOMEBODY please teach these idiots that loaded handguns should only be in one of two places......

In your hand.

In your HOLSTER, not your ****ing POCKET!

How many of these dopey people involved in gun crimes actually have a holster?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
How many of these dopey people involved in gun crimes actually have a holster?

I actually assumed this idiot was carrying legally, as he was in church......hardly a hang out for hardened criminals....

But on re-read, that kind of appears doubtful, doesn't it?

Point taken.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I actually assumed this idiot was carrying legally, as he was in church......hardly a hang out for hardened criminals....

Point taken.

If he was legal, he wouldn't be passing the gun off an hiding it. I also suspect if he was legal, he would have had more sense to not shoot himself.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I hate it when that happens. Always at an odd place. Mine often goes off when I swim laps at the pool.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

Point taken.

These things can happen. My sister in law picked up a carving knife from their cabin near Ottawa. She then tried to carry the knife into the Parliament buildings and explain to the guards why she had it.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Yeah, because you people are rapidly forgetting about individual rights.

You mean the right to create a society that you need to carry a gun? You know there is no need to carry a gun in Canada. Unless you are doing something illegal then in that case, I would recommend it.
Otherwise, I kind of like living in a place where I feel safe enough to not carry a gun. Alas if we realize your dream then we will not be safe unless we carry a gun as, well hell, you might have one so I better because if, as Dasleeper declares, I am impolite to you your gun will insure I won't do it again. He has declared here that guns "make for a more polite society". More like a society cowering in fear of whoever is carrying a gun.
Enjoy your guns Colpy. Please don't shoot anyone. Although, in Canada, I'm sure you'll never have cause due to our gun laws.