Why does God allow children to suffer?

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Pope Francis at a loss for words as street child asks: 'Why does God allow children to suffer?'

Pope Francis on Sunday morning warmly embraced a former street child, comforting the little one after emotions overcame her as she asked: 'Why does God allow so many children to suffer?'

The young girl, Glyzelle Palomar, 12, was one of four young people who spoke at the pontiff’s meeting with the youth at the University of Sto. Tomas Sunday morning. A ward of a foundation that helps street children, Glyzelle began by telling the Pope of how many children abandoned by their parents end up in prostitution.

And then she asked: "Bakit po pumapayag ang Diyos na may ganitong nangyayari dahil walang kasalanan ang mga bata (Why does God allow this to happen to innocent children)?"

That was as far as she got before she broke into sobs.

video

Pope Francis at a loss for words as street child asks: 'Why does God allow children to suffer?'

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
What would have been the appropriate answer? Sorry kid, God has better things to do than worry about your sorry a$$. What with all the gays wanting to get married.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Why would he look at having your name entered into the book of life as being a 'suffer' in the first place?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

Pope Francis on Sunday morning warmly embraced a former street child, comforting the little one after emotions overcame her as she asked: 'Why does God allow so many children to suffer?'

The young girl, Glyzelle Palomar, 12, was one of four young people who spoke at the pontiff’s meeting with the youth at the University of Sto. Tomas Sunday morning. A ward of a foundation that helps street children, Glyzelle began by telling the Pope of how many children abandoned by their parents end up in prostitution.

And then she asked: "Bakit po pumapayag ang Diyos na may ganitong nangyayari dahil walang kasalanan ang mga bata (Why does God allow this to happen to innocent children)?"

That was as far as she got before she broke into sobs.

video

Why does man allow so much suffering.
Why does man cause so much suffering.
Why does man do little to nothing about so much suffering.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

That's exactly it. God has given mankind all the tools he needs to end the suffering. Man has chosen not to use those tools.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
25,000 a day biting the dust might mean 'prosper' is for another time and place. In this case the ones there arte the ones who just stepped out of New Jerusalem at the end of Re:22 and the new earth is looking like the garden did when Adam first laid eyes on it in Ge:2. In that real a person is called an infant until they are 20 and then they are called a child (of God) between the ages of 20 and 120. After that they are called an 'old man' for the rest of eternity. (Isa:65) A 'child' according to Paul's letters ot the Beloved Disciples Epistles is any Gentile who has heard of term of ''God' so that would be somebody on their first page to some Scholar who has 60 years of study involved.
Holy Mountain in this instance is New Jerusalem in the New Earth as the 1,000 year reign is void of birds and animals as they would have die when Satan is sent to the lake.

Isa:11:6:
The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb,
and the leopard shall lie down with the kid;
and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together;
and a little child shall lead them.

Isa:65:25:
The wolf and the lamb shall feed together,
and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock:
and dust shall be the serpent's meat.
They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain,
saith the LORD.

Isa:51:6:
Lift up your eyes to the heavens,
and look upon the earth beneath:
for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke,
and the earth shall wax old like a garment,
and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner:
but my salvation shall be for ever,
and my righteousness shall not be abolished.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
That is very easy to answer....................So they are able to handle it when they get older. If a kid is molly coddled he/she will never be able to do anything for themselves or contend with adversity. It's all part of building character!:)

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
25,000 a day biting the dust might mean 'prosper' is for another time and place. In this case the ones there arte the ones who just stepped out of New Jerusalem at the end of Re:22 and the new earth is looking like the garden did when Adam first laid eyes on it in Ge:2. In that real a person is called an infant until they are 20 and then they are called a child (of God) between the ages of 20 and 120. After that they are called an 'old man' for the rest of eternity. (Isa:65) A 'child' according to Paul's letters ot the Beloved Disciples Epistles is any Gentile who has heard of term of ''God' so that would be somebody on their first page to some Scholar who has 60 years of study involved.
Holy Mountain in this instance is New Jerusalem in the New Earth as the 1,000 year reign is void of birds and animals as they would have die when Satan is sent to the lake.

Isa:11:6:
The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb,
and the leopard shall lie down with the kid;
and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together;
and a little child shall lead them.

Isa:65:25:
The wolf and the lamb shall feed together,
and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock:
and dust shall be the serpent's meat.
They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain,
saith the LORD.

Isa:51:6:
Lift up your eyes to the heavens,
and look upon the earth beneath:
for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke,
and the earth shall wax old like a garment,
and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner:
but my salvation shall be for ever,
and my righteousness shall not be abolished.
More Four Norsemen of the Apocalypse crap?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
That is very easy to answer....................So they are able to handle it when they get older. If a kid is molly coddled he/she will never be able to do anything for themselves or contend with adversity. It's all part of building character!:)

Really? REALLY? Are you REALLY that stupid as to make this type of comparison? She is a former "street child". A child that was abandoned. This type of life is so far from "character building" as to render your entire comment ignorant at the very least.

You just continues to blow me away with the depths of your stupidity and ignorance.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Rather than apply a bandage here and there when complete limbs are severed why not bring these children back to the land they were taken from and the rest of the issues man has will diminish in size just that fast. (since we can't no sense seeing how fast they can be sent there. The 'children' are in the grave asleep rather than being in the grave and awake so grace doesn't have a universal application. Grace works better for those who never heard of God than it does for those who claim to be part of His flock's elite.

M't:2:16-18:
Then Herod,
when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men,
was exceeding wroth,
and sent forth,
and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem,
and in all the coasts thereof,
from two years old and under,
according to the time which he had diligently enquired of the wise men.
Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet,
saying,
In Rama was there a voice heard,
lamentation,
and weeping,
and great mourning,
Rachel weeping for her children,
and would not be comforted,
because they are not.

Jer:31:15-17:
Thus saith the LORD;
A voice was heard in Ramah,
lamentation,
and bitter weeping;
Rahel weeping for her children refused to be comforted for her children,
because they were not.
Thus saith the LORD;
Refrain thy voice from weeping,
and thine eyes from tears:
for thy work shall be rewarded,
saith the LORD;
and they shall come again from the land of the enemy.
And there is hope in thine end,
saith the LORD,
that thy children shall come again to their own border.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Rather than apply a bandage here and there when complete limbs are severed why not bring these children back to the land they were taken from and the rest of the issues man has will diminish in size just that fast. (since we can't no sense seeing how fast they can be sent there. The 'children' are in the grave asleep rather than being in the grave and awake so grace doesn't have a universal application. Grace works better for those who never heard of God than it does for those who claim to be part of His flock's elite.

Before I go down this road, I would VERY much like some clarification by what you mean when you say "bring these children back to the land they were taken from". Where is this land and how would we bring them back?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
More Four Norsemen of the Apocalypse crap?
It is about when they all get stepped on by a singular God. 200M of them rather than 4, 4 kings and then their 'soldiers' River of blood is their fate. Until you see that try and refrain from worshiping anything.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Really? REALLY? Are you REALLY that stupid as to make this type of comparison? She is a former "street child". A child that was abandoned. This type of life is so far from "character building" as to render your entire comment ignorant at the very least.

You just continues to blow me away with the depths of your stupidity and ignorance.

Maybe not as ignorant and stupid as you would like to think there Einstein! I was simply answering a question as it was asked. I didn't read the specifics of the case.:) It was a one sentence question.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Before I go down this road, I would VERY much like some clarification by what you mean when you say "bring these children back to the land they were taken from". Where is this land and how would we bring them back?
Joh:11:23-24:
Jesus saith unto her,
Thy brother shall rise again.
Martha saith unto him,
I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

First God gives you a T-Shirt that says Son of God. The trail runs were done with Lazarus and a few others. The 'for real' deal is when He resurrects the 2 Witnesses and a few hours later His Tabernacle is standing and the glorification that He underwent when He ascended to Heaven on the day He was resurrected can take place on earth. The read along is the best version.

The other post identifies the grave as the land of the enemy, the resurrection that begins a few hours after the 2 witnesses are alive is witnesses by them from a few miles above Jerusalem and the 144,000 will see events from the mountain just north of the sea of Galilee where Moses and Elias were seen in a vision. The Beloved Disciple will be the first one from the 12 Tribes to be raised from the grave.

Eze:39:24-29:
According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions have I done unto them,
and hid my face from them.
Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD;
Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob,
and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel,

and will be jealous for my holy name;
After that they have borne their shame,
and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me,
when they dwelt safely in their land,
and none made them afraid.
When I have brought them again from the people,
and gathered them out of their enemies' lands,
and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;
Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God,
which cause them to be led into captivity among the heathen:
but I have gathered them unto their own land,
and have left none of them any more there.
Neither will I hide my face any more from them:
for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel,
saith the Lord GOD.

Eze:37:9-14:
Then said he unto me,
Prophesy unto the wind,
prophesy,
son of man,
and say to the wind,
Thus saith the Lord GOD;
Come from the four winds,
O breath,
and breathe upon these slain,
that they may live.
So I prophesied as he commanded me,
and the breath came into them,
and they lived,
and stood up upon their feet,
an exceeding great army.
Then he said unto me,
Son of man,
these bones are the whole house of Israel:
behold,
they say,
Our bones are dried,
and our hope is lost:
we are cut off for our parts.
Therefore prophesy and say unto them,
Thus saith the Lord GOD;
Behold,
O my people,
I will open your graves,
and cause you to come up out of your graves,
and bring you into the land of Israel.
And ye shall know that I am the LORD,
when I have opened your graves,
O my people,
and brought you up out of your graves,
And shall put my spirit in you,
and ye shall live,
and I shall place you in your own land:
then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it,
and performed it,
saith the LORD.

Jer:31:8-11`:
Behold,
I will bring them from the north country,
and gather them from the coasts of the earth,
and with them the blind and the lame,
the woman with child and her that travaileth with child together:
a great company shall return thither.
They shall come with weeping,
and with supplications will I lead them:
I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way,
wherein they shall not stumble:
for I am a father to Israel,
and Ephraim is my firstborn.
Hear the word of the LORD,
O ye nations,
and declare it in the isles afar off,
and say,
He that scattered Israel will gather him,
and keep him, as a shepherd doth his flock.
For the LORD hath redeemed Jacob,
and ransomed him from the hand of him that was stronger than he.

Zec:6:12-13:
And speak unto him,
saying,
Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts,
saying,
Behold the man whose name is The BRANCH;
and he shall grow up out of his place,
and he shall build the temple of the LORD:
Even he shall build the temple of the LORD;
and he shall bear the glory,
and shall sit and rule upon his throne;
and he shall be a priest upon his throne:
and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

Isa:56:7:
Even them will I bring to my holy mountain,
and make them joyful in my house of prayer:
their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar;
for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

Eze:47:1:
Afterward he brought me again unto the door of the house;
and,
behold,
waters issued out from under the threshold of the house eastward:
for the forefront of the house stood toward the east,
and the waters came down from under from the right side of the house,
at the south side of the altar.

Eze:47:12:
And by the river upon the bank thereof,
on this side and on that side,
shall grow all trees for meat,
whose leaf shall not fade,
neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed:
it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months,
because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary:
and the fruit thereof shall be for meat,
and the leaf thereof for medicine.

This thread has degenerated to Lorem Ipsum thanks to megawatts.
If that other comment upset you why not address it instead of taking on the good troll persona? (that isn't working, really. Respelling a fake name, 'oh the horrors I go through daily, whatever shall I do?'

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Egyptians through the earth, that they smote the bed's head.
And Jacob obeyed my son, and watered the tree yielding seed for my face, and my wife: how shall not my stuff, what things are the sons of the days of it was barren.
And he felt about three months. And they said, Up, get them take a harlot; for my brethren, What needeth it? And Israel did eat. And Adam and upon his horsemen.
And Bela the horsemen, and my sword and there at Enaim by her, and Lot into thy children, and went and the land.
And God
captives of Israel and I will not grieved, nor when Pharaoh to their language, that he begat Kenan. and the land of his heart, he said unto thee: when it to serve Jehovah, and gave it came between me and he thrown into one of all of Admah, and did so.
And Esau was taken away from him from the Canaanite, as God spake roughly with their hand, that year. And Moses stretched out his brother, whom ye have served Chedorlaomer, and upon the children of Israel go with Abram, Behold now, I wrestled with them, but God and thy builded an exceeding great judgments.
And Abram of the sons and look not die, both we, and one that Jehovah wherewith he died. And the damsel, and female, to pass, when thou united; For in Gerard.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
So the civil wars over x concubines was just God's way of increasing the total number included in the resurrection. Not even chess players would have seen that as quick as you did. Good catch, carry on carrying on.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
ok, obviously MHz can't answer a simple question. Let's put it this way then. It looks to me like you are suggesting that we kill these children and send them back to God.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Maybe not as ignorant and stupid as you would like to think there Einstein! I was simply answering a question as it was asked. I didn't read the specifics of the case.:) It was a one sentence question.

Reading the specifics may help next time.