speaking with Christ

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I've mentioned a few times that I have a personal relationship with Christ. That I have and do speak with him. Because of that, I have been called a few things and my sanity called into question. Here is a video that I have found that speaks directly to people speaking with Christ.

What She Did in the Airport with an Old Man’s Hair Brought Me to Tears. Whatever You Think It Is—It’s Better – FaithIt.com

Now, she brings up a thing or two that I will be praying and ruminating on, but she describes my "revelations" really well and I was begining to think, with the way people talked on here and else where, that I was "unique" in my relationship with God. Nice to see that I am not.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
I've mentioned a few times that I have a personal relationship with Christ. That I have and do speak with him. Because of that, I have been called a few things and my sanity called into question. Here is a video that I have found that speaks directly to people speaking with Christ.
Now, she brings up a thing or two that I will be praying and ruminating on, but she describes my "revelations" really well and I was begining to think, with the way people talked on here and else where, that I was "unique" in my relationship with God. Nice to see that I am not.

I've participated in Beth Moore Bible group studies, Gerry, even facilitating one. She presents the entire Bible as the complete written revelation of God in Christ. Her conduct in her video presentations reflects her relationship with Christ as she is respectful and polite to her audience. She is the "living epistle" that Christ desires in his people.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Memorandum

To: Those who talk to Mackenzie King

Re: String

William Lyon Mackenzie King,
Who sat in the middle and played with string,
Loved his dog more than anything!
William Lyon Mackenzie King.

cj44

Electoral Member
Sep 18, 2013

What She Did in the Airport with an Old Man’s Hair Brought Me to Tears. Whatever You Think It Is—It’s Better – FaithIt.com

Gerry: Nice video.

Matthew 25:40
“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Methinks as Christians we should often feel the promptings of the Spirit. Indeed these promptings should not be unique or few by any means. Though....there is a danger in just waiting to "feel" a "communication" from God. Here is where pride readies itself to pounce. We can so easily get puffed up from such an experience as brushing out an old man's hair. Would we "hear" God if the old man needed his diaper changed? We should be careful not to catapult ourselves through heaven's gate. It is easy to get all warm and fuzzy over the good works which require no great effort.

“Suppose one of you has a servant plowing or looking after the sheep. Will he say to the servant when he comes in from the field, ‘Come along now and sit down to eat’? 8 Won’t he rather say, ‘Prepare my supper, get yourself ready and wait on me while I eat and drink; after that you may eat and drink’? 9 Will he thank the servant because he did what he was told to do? 10 So you also, when you have done everything you were told to do, should say, ‘We are unworthy servants; we have only done our duty.’”

Last edited:

Harikrish

Electoral Member
Sep 2, 2014
A time will come when it will be easier to speak to Jesus. Jesus spoke in parables and had to later explain its meaning to the disciples privately.

Mark 4:34 He did not say anything to them without using a parable. But when he was alone with his own disciples, he explained everything.

John 16:25 "Though I have been speaking figuratively, a time is coming when I will no longer use this kind of language but will tell you plainly about my Father.