Have you investigated Gnostic Christianity?

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Have you investigated Gnostic Christianity?

The Gnostic wing of Christianity, if it can even be called that today, has quite a few differences to Christianity and Catholicism.

If the old Gnostic Christians were here, they would hardly recognize what has happened to the original Orthodox Catholic Church or it's various offshoots in Protestantism or Islam. The Gnostic Christian Jesus would have a fit and would be quite disappointed I think. I know that this Gnostic Christian is.

The two main differences that moved the old Christians to kill Gnostic Christians and burn their scriptures was literalism in reading scriptures and the fact that the Gnostic version of Jesus was a Universalist.

That Gnostic Christian Jesus, and the Gnostic Christians of that flavor, (there are likely as many Gnostic sects as Christian sects), sees a spark of God in all people including women and gays. That fact, to me, makes Gnostic Christianity a more desirable denomination of Christianity than all the rest.

If a religion cannot abide with equality of the sexes then to my mind it is not a just religion and is not worthy of the support of moral people. Inequality is an immoral position and most of the Abrahamic cults are of that immoral persuasion.

As the superior Catholic theology, it is my hope that Gnostic Christianity will eventually bury the non-egalitarian and immoral Christian cults as their members recognize that equality is the right moral system for all to live under.

If you have investigated Gnostic Christianity, do you agree that from a moral POV, they are the superior Christian theology thanks to equality and Universalism?

Regards
DL

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB

If you have investigated Gnostic Christianity, do you agree that from a moral POV, they are the superior Christian theology thanks to equality and Universalism?

What is your version of universalism as it relates the new earth? (as it relates to men and women and children they are all included as being children of Adam and Eve)

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
What is your version of universalism as it relates the new earth? (as it relates to men and women and children they are all included as being children of Adam and Eve)
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

What new earth? You are reading myths literally again I bet.

As to universalism and the Gnostic Christian theology, we are all one in God so to speak. We all have a spark of God and Goddesses within us. That is why it is immoral to discriminate against women and gays the way most religions have done.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

Yep. Their business model is suspect, and return on investment is down around T-bill level.

So much for women and equality.

Regards
DL

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB

As to universalism and the Gnostic Christian theology, we are all one in God so to speak. We all have a spark of God and Goddesses within us. That is why it is immoral to discriminate against women and gays the way most religions have done.

Do you agree?
Isa:66:22:
For as the new heavens and the new earth,
which I will make,
shall remain before me,
saith the LORD,
so shall your seed and your name remain.

Ge:2:7:
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground,
and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life;
and man became a living soul.

Ec:12:7:
Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was:
and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

"
kill Gnostic Christians and burn their scriptures was literalism in reading scriptures ... "
You are also supposed to read it literally rather than turning it into a myth.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

So much for women and equality.

Regards
DL

Equality ends with the spark and the demands of transit here in the underworld,only the successfully met trials and tribulations of the material world will set you free. Equality in opportunity is not blanket universal equality. Should sinners be elevated beyond their learned lessons?

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Isa:66:22:
For as the new heavens and the new earth,
which I will make,
shall remain before me,
saith the LORD,
so shall your seed and your name remain.

Ge:2:7:
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground,
and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life;
and man became a living soul.

Ec:12:7:
Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was:
and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

"
kill Gnostic Christians and burn their scriptures was literalism in reading scriptures ... "
You are also supposed to read it literally rather than turning it into a myth.

B S.

Literalism is for idol worshipers like you who will never know God as you do not seek him as you should. If you have one, you are an idol worshiper.

Regards
DL

Equality ends with the spark and the demands of transit here in the underworld,only the successfully met trials and tribulations of the material world will set you free. Equality in opportunity is not blanket universal equality. Should sinners be elevated beyond their learned lessons?

I don't know.

Should women be more than chattel?

Regards
DL

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
What are the basics of Gnosticism and Christianity, FP? Are they compatible?
Jesus was a gnostic. Modern Christians are Paulianists. They do not understand what the original message was all about. They accept the twisted, politicized and revised Roman version. They are not real Christians but a sad shadow of the original.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
Jesus was a gnostic. Modern Christians are Paulianists. They do not understand what the original message was all about. They accept the twisted, politicized and revised Roman version. They are not real Christians but a sad shadow of the original.

Gnostic (n.)
1580s, "believer in a mystical religious doctrine of spiritual knowledge," from Late Latin Gnosticus, from Late Greek Gnostikos, noun use of adj. gnostikos "knowing, able to discern," from gnostos "knowable," from gignoskein "to learn, to come to know" (see know). Applied to various early Christian sects that claimed direct personal knowledge beyond the Gospel or the Church hierarchy.
Online Etymology Dictionary

"Gnosticism was the basic philosophy of the Roman Empire ... It is my firm opinion that John wrote his first epistle to answer the errors of Gnosticism." (J Vernon McGee, The First Epistle of John: Introduction, Thru the Bible)

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Gnostic (n.)
1580s, "believer in a mystical religious doctrine of spiritual knowledge," from Late Latin Gnosticus, from Late Greek Gnostikos, noun use of adj. gnostikos "knowing, able to discern," from gnostos "knowable," from gignoskein "to learn, to come to know" (see know). Applied to various early Christian sects that claimed direct personal knowledge beyond the Gospel or the Church hierarchy.
Online Etymology Dictionary

"Gnosticism was the basic philosophy of the Roman Empire ... It is my firm opinion that John wrote his first epistle to answer the errors of Gnosticism." (J Vernon McGee, The First Epistle of John: Introduction, Thru the Bible)
Rome not only destroyed all Gnostic writings but went on a rampage to wipe the followers off the face of the Earth. John never wrote the gospel, neither did any of the other apostles appearing in the bible. The Gnostic gospels were written by the other apostles and their followers.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
What are the basics of Gnosticism and Christianity, FP? Are they compatible?

Not really. That is why the Christians killed us and burned our scriptures when Constantine bought the church.

Gnostic Christianity is the thinking man's theology while Christianity does not promote thinking.

They are literalists and we are not. The main difference as the O P says is that we are Universalists and believe in the equality of women and gays while most of the other Christian and Muslim sects think of them as chattel or second class citizens.

We think we have a way of knowing Jesus and God. One of many ways.

Christians and Muslims think they have the only way.

Regards
DL

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
Gnostic Christianity is the thinking man's theology while Christianity does not promote thinking. They are literalists and we are not. The main difference as the O P says is that we are Universalists and believe in the equality of women and gays while most of the other Christian and Muslim sects think of them as chattel or second class citizens.

While I agree that Gnosticism and Christianity are incompatible, FP, I heartily disagree with your supporting assumptions. I am a thinking Christian. I am not a literalist. You will have to define universalist and equality for me. (I find your "us", "we", and "they" references to be more proprietary than universal in tone.) I have never considered women (I am one) or any class of people less than me.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
While I agree that Gnosticism and Christianity are incompatible, FP, I heartily disagree with your supporting assumptions. I am a thinking Christian. I am not a literalist. You will have to define universalist and equality for me. (I find your "us", "we", and "they" references to be more proprietary than universal in tone.) I have never considered women (I am one) or any class of people less than me.

It is not you dear. It is the men in your religion. Good to see you would take a host from a gay man though. Or would you?

It would be nice if your fellow religionists, ---- He shall rule over you, said to Eve, ----- had the same attitude.

We should first establish if you are a literalist.

Was or is Jesus real to you? If so, how can you not be a literalist? Only by reading some of the bible literally can you believe in a real Jesus.

Regards
DL

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
It is not you dear. It is the men in your religion. Good to see you would take a host from a gay man though. Or would you? Was or is Jesus real to you? If so, how can you not be a literalist? Only by reading some of the bible literally can you believe in a real Jesus.

I don't have a religion, FP. I have extended family members who are same-sex in their orientation and of no lesser or greater value in my estimation than my other relatives. Jesus is real. It is right to read "some" of the Bible literally as some of it is historical narrative.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
I don't have a religion, FP. I have extended family members who are same-sex in their orientation and of no lesser or greater value in my estimation than my other relatives. Jesus is real. It is right to read "some" of the Bible literally as some of it is historical narrative.

Not to any historian I know. In fact, it is the opposite. Few in that branch of science believe in real water walkers.

If you have no religion then Jesus should not mean much to you. I take it you do not believe in his miracles or he would mean something to you. Correct?

Regards
DL

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

Will you point to the historical narrative please?

Not to any historian I know. In fact, it is the opposite. Few in that branch of science believe in real water walkers.

If you have no religion then Jesus should not mean much to you. I take it you do not believe in his miracles or he would mean something to you. Correct?

Regards
DL

We will all be required to walk on water at some point in our development this is resurrection from matter when we will be above water instead of in water.