The Newest from His Holiness

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
“Through humility, soul searching, and prayerful contemplation we have gained a new understanding of certain dogmas. The church no longer believes in a literal hell where people suffer. This doctrine is incompatible with the infinite love of God. God is not a judge but a friend and a lover of humanity. God seeks not to condemn but only to embrace. Like the fable of Adam and Eve, we see hell as a literary device. Hell is merely a metaphor for the isolated soul, which like all souls ultimately will be united in love with God.”

There Is No Hell Fire; Adam & Eve Not Real – Pope Francis Exposes

This is what I have been saying for years. This is one of the things I was "told", part of my personal revelation.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
A native friend of mine thinks he has been talking with the Dali Lama. I've always thought Catholicism and Buddhism are quite close in a lot of ways. The more dogma is shed, the closer they get.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I was thinking in terms of the religion as a theocracy, also, rather than just some of the symptoms.
Yes, a lot of religions have theocracy in common. The earlier versions of the RCC and Islam had a lot in common too. The Muzzies are a few centuries behind in the maturing process.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
This is indeed a major step forward not enough to drive me into a Sunday Morning pew
but enough to say perhaps there is hope.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
I still find it hard to believe in mythical creatures - dragons - witches - gods of any type.
Guess I'm bound to burn in a metaphorical hell.
Must be nice for his popieness to spend his days making rules for the great unwashed.
There's jobs, and then there's jobs.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
“Through humility, soul searching, and prayerful contemplation we have gained a new understanding of certain dogmas. The church no longer believes in a literal hell where people suffer. This doctrine is incompatible with the infinite love of God. God is not a judge but a friend and a lover of humanity. God seeks not to condemn but only to embrace. Like the fable of Adam and Eve, we see hell as a literary device. Hell is merely a metaphor for the isolated soul, which like all souls ultimately will be united in love with God.”

There Is No Hell Fire; Adam & Eve Not Real – Pope Francis Exposes
exceptional!!!

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I still find it hard to believe in mythical creatures - dragons - witches - gods of any type.
Guess I'm bound to burn in a metaphorical hell.
Must be nice for his popieness to spend his days making rules for the great unwashed.
There's jobs, and then there's jobs.

There is no "hell" to "burn" in, and his Holiness doesn't make any rules. You just keep wearing your blinders and spew bullsh it. It's what you're best at.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
The Pop never said any of this drivel. You've all been taken in by an Onion-like ruse.

Last edited:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
my bad, I usually do check, in this instance I didnt. Wishful thinking.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
What is puzzling me is why the Vatican didn't expose this as a hoax. Surely they knew about it. A Catholic priest I know said that since it came out his church has seen a steep rise in attendance.