Godophobes

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

Archbishop of Dublin Diarmuid Martin cautioned Catholics against homophobia in a series of interviews over the weekend, warning that such behavior is an insult to God. “God never created anybody that he doesn’t love,” Martin told The Independent.

“Anybody who doesn’t show love towards gay and lesbian people is insulting God. They are not just homophobic if they do that — they are actually Godophobic because God loves every one of those people,” he said.
In a radio interview about Ireland’s upcoming referendum on same-sex marriage, the archbishop said that the country’s gay community “has suffered enormously” due to the culture of homophobia.

“Anyone who grew up in Ireland would have told jokes that were pointed at the gay community… it is part of the culture we grew up in, but we have to grow out of it.” The country’s anti-LGBT culture has been in the news over the past few weeks after a prominent activist delivered a damning speech about homophobia and an openly gay member of the Irish Parliament revealed he had been harassed, spit at, and even beaten because of his sexuality.

Martin responded thoughtfully when asked if the Catholic Church was a homophobic institution. “People in the Catholic Church may be homophobic. Certainly the teachings of the Catholic Church could be used by some people in a homophobic way, and we have to be very careful that that isn’t done.” He added that it was equally important not to demonize the church, which opposes the legalization same-sex marriage in Ireland. “Just because a person isn’t in favor of gay marriage doesn’t mean that one is homophobic — let’s be very clear on that.”

The archbishop said that the role of the church in this and all moral debates “is to present its teaching in its globality,” and propose the implementation of policies that are consistent with its teachings. The Catholic Church has a right to go out and say what it believes in the political sphere, he said, but it does not have the right to impose its teachings on individuals or society. “All of us have to be careful about the way we speak and the language we use,” he added.

It’s important to note that the archbishop is not deviating from church teaching by taking a stance against homophobia and discrimination toward the LGBT community (although one might debate his argument that opposing same-sex marriage is not a form of homophobia). The catechism of the Catholic Church instructs Catholics that gay men and women “must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God’s will in their lives.”

Catholic Archbishop Says Homophobia Is An Insult To God

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Archbishop of Dublin Diarmuid Martin cautioned Catholics against homophobia in a series of interviews over the weekend, warning that such behavior is an insult to God. “God never created anybody that he doesn’t love,” Martin told The Independent.

“Anybody who doesn’t show love towards gay and lesbian people is insulting God. They are not just homophobic if they do that — they are actually Godophobic because God loves every one of those people,” he said.
In a radio interview about Ireland’s upcoming referendum on same-sex marriage, the archbishop said that the country’s gay community “has suffered enormously” due to the culture of homophobia.
Here are the verses to prove it, ... not, but it does show how much God likes those classified as sine a nd like it or not sex with anybody but your wife is adultery, that (and no other sin) will not get you into the lake, it is enough to delay your gathering until the GWT rather than the first possible time, 1,000 years earlier than that.

Zec:13:8:
And it shall come to pass,
that in all the land,
saith the LORD,
two parts therein shall be cut off and die;
but the third shall be left therein.

Jer:25:33:
And the slain of the LORD shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth:
they shall not be lamented,
neither gathered,
nor buried;
they shall be dung upon the ground.

1Co:5:11:
But now I have written unto you not to keep company,
if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator,
or covetous,
or an idolater,
or a railer,
or a drunkard,
or an extortioner;

with such an one no not to eat.

M't:25:41-43:
Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand,
Depart from me,
ye cursed,
into everlasting fire,
prepared for the devil and his angels:

For I was an hungred,
and ye gave me no meat:
I was thirsty,
and ye gave me no drink:
I was a stranger,
and ye took me not in:
naked,
and ye clothed me not:
sick,
and in prison,
and ye visited me not.

The RCC may be forgetting that judgment comes before love as that is a result of being found to be sinless and that doesn't happen for anybody before the sinners are all in the grave and that is not a small number.

Re:21:3-7:
And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying,
Behold,
the tabernacle of God is with men,
and he will dwell with them,
and they shall be his people,
and God himself shall be with them,
and be their God.
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes;
and there shall be no more death,
neither sorrow,
nor crying,
neither shall there be any more pain:
for the former things are passed away.
And he that sat upon the throne said,
Behold,
I make all things new.
And he said unto me,
Write:
for these words are true and faithful.
And he said unto me,
It is done.
I am Alpha and Omega,
the beginning and the end.
I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
He that overcometh shall inherit all things;
and I will be his God,
and he shall be my son.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

“Anyone who grew up in Ireland would have told jokes that were pointed at the gay community… it is part of the culture we grew up in, but we have to grow out of it.” The country’s anti-LGBT culture has been in the news over the past few weeks after a prominent activist delivered a damning speech about homophobia and an openly gay member of the Irish Parliament revealed he had been harassed, spit at, and even beaten because of his sexuality.

Martin responded thoughtfully when asked if the Catholic Church was a homophobic institution. “People in the Catholic Church may be homophobic. Certainly the teachings of the Catholic Church could be used by some people in a homophobic way, and we have to be very careful that that isn’t done.” He added that it was equally important not to demonize the church, which opposes the legalization same-sex marriage in Ireland. “Just because a person isn’t in favor of gay marriage doesn’t mean that one is homophobic — let’s be very clear on that.”

The archbishop said that the role of the church in this and all moral debates “is to present its teaching in its globality,” and propose the implementation of policies that are consistent with its teachings. The Catholic Church has a right to go out and say what it believes in the political sphere, he said, but it does not have the right to impose its teachings on individuals or society. “All of us have to be careful about the way we speak and the language we use,” he added.

It’s important to note that the archbishop is not deviating from church teaching by taking a stance against homophobia and discrimination toward the LGBT community (although one might debate his argument that opposing same-sex marriage is not a form of homophobia). The catechism of the Catholic Church instructs Catholics that gay men and women “must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God’s will in their lives.”

Catholic Archbishop Says Homophobia Is An Insult To God

Dead on.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Considering all the ones they have killed over the centuries is their no cash payment to the 'survivors'? That is usually how sorrow is expressed in this day and age.
You do know persecution of them originally came from places like the RCC, you know that right?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Considering all the ones they have killed over the centuries is their no cash payment to the 'survivors'? That is usually how sorrow is expressed in this day and age.
You do know persecution of them originally came from places like the RCC, you know that right?

I see more persecution from "born agains" now. The RCC has seen the error of their ways and are changing. Unlike others who profess to be "Christians".