What does it mean to hate Christ?

cj44

Electoral Member
Sep 18, 2013
What does Jesus mean when he says: "Whoever hates me hates my Father as well. If I had not done among them the works no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. As it is, they have seen, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated me without reason.’

Is unbelief in the atoning sacrifice of Christ considered hatred?

Does the mere mention of Christ often stir up contrariness and dissension?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Well the scribes under the direction of the social engineers of second and third centuries AD scribbled that in to condemn the Cnostics as heretics and thereby sanction the genocide of those real old time christians and their high culture. This type of propaganda was employed extensively among the ignorant masses who eventually formed the Catholic church after murdering untold millions of intelligent gentle people in the name of the zombified christ and it's barbaric cult.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
"Whoever hates me hates my Father as well. If I had not done among them the works no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. As it is, they have seen, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated me without reason." (John 15:23-25 NIV)

In John 15:1-25, Jesus is speaking directly to his disciples and indirectly to all Christians. In discussing relationships, Christ encourages abiding faith in God (1-11) and sacrificial love toward other believers (12-17). In contrast, He predicts hostility towards them from the (unbelieving and unregenerate) world (18-25).

I don't believe that the mere mention of Christ stirs up contrariness and dissension, cj. I think it's the authority and power (presence) of Christ in the regenerate person that inspires the hatred. "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first." (John 15:18 NIV)

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I don't think anybody hates Jesus. I think most people are tired of the arrogant self-righteousness of his so called followers who actually follow the teachings of Paul and not the teachings of Jesus. "Judge not lest ye shall be judged" and "love thy neighbour as thyself" are in short supply. Judging others for their choice of religion, their sexual orientation, their lifestyle, etc. does not win friends or influence people. A little humility would go a long way to alleviating the animosity some people feel toward so called Christians.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
God is a frequency as is the HS and Jesus. When you combine the three it's like FM radio but three signals instead of two creating a 3D reality.

cj44

Electoral Member
Sep 18, 2013
Motar: Superbly stated! "I don't believe that the mere mention of Christ stirs up contrariness and dissension, cj. I think it's the authority and power (presence) of Christ in the regenerate person that inspires the hatred. "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first." (John 15:18 NIV)" You conveyed my question much better than I had stated it.

Cliffy: I agree with you. But, don't think all Christians are JUDGERS. I can't understand why at times we (whether Christian or not) throw stones when we all live in glass houses. Interesting thing about sexual orientation - would some churches not permit gays in their congregation? If so, then they should throw out all the "sinners" - the ones that lie and cheat, the ones that use foul language, the ones that harbor hatred in their hearts toward others, the ones that have neglected the good they should have done - then the churches should be empty. I think communicating differences can be difficult in terms of proper use of language. We are not all Hemmingways. But, me thinks there will be a very rude awakening for the bashers and the haters.

God is a frequency as is the HS and Jesus. When you combine the three it's like FM radio but three signals instead of two creating a 3D reality.
Petros: I'm going to have to build a Crystal Radio before I can respond to your post.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Cliffy: I agree with you. But, don't think all Christians are JUDGERS. I can't understand why at times we (whether Christian or not) throw stones when we all live in glass houses. Interesting thing about sexual orientation - would some churches not permit gays in their congregation? If so, then they should throw out all the "sinners" - the ones that lie and cheat, the ones that use foul language, the ones that harbor hatred in their hearts toward others, the ones that have neglected the good they should have done - then the churches should be empty. I think communicating differences can be difficult in terms of proper use of language. We are not all Hemmingways. But, me thinks there will be a very rude awakening for the bashers and the haters.
Of the hundreds of people from various religious backgrounds that I have engaged in conversation, I would say that 2 - 3% in every religion got it. It doesn't matter what you believe. What matters is that you become your truth. Whether a Christian, Muslim or Buddhist, the point is to live your life according to those beliefs. The problem I see with the evangelical movement is that once "saved", most don't feel obliged to live exemplary lives. They can cruise through life doing whatever they please without fear of consequence because they have been guaranteed a place in heaven. The over simplicity of the born again movement does not foster personal responsibility for their actions. They mouth the words "I accept Jesus as my personal saviour" and then go about hating, judging and treating their fellow humans who do not believe as they do with contempt.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The problem I see with the evangelical movement is that once "saved", most don't feel obliged to live exemplary lives. They can cruise through life doing whatever they please without fear of consequence because they have been guaranteed a place in heaven. The over simplicity of the born again movement does not foster personal responsibility for their actions. They mouth the words "I accept Jesus as my personal saviour" and then go about hating, judging and treating their fellow humans who do not believe as they do with contempt.
I feel sorry for the born yesterday christians. They are being used.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Any a$shole can call themselves a pastor and set up shop in the US which leaves it wide open for scammers, political parties and pro-Israel moonbats to manipulate the minds of millions with ease.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Any a$shole can call themselves a pastor and set up shop in the US which leaves it wide open for scammers, political parties and pro-Israel moonbats to manipulate the minds of millions with ease.
That is easy when most minds are mush from watching too much TV. The sheeple are dying to be fleeced.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
TV is the Anti-Christ. Are you familiar with the history of the cathode ray tube?

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
"Whoever hates me hates my Father as well. If I had not done among them the works no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. As it is, they have seen, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated me without reason." (John 15:23-25)

In the subject verses above, cj, Jesus is referencing a particular hate-group when He says: "But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: 'They hated me without reason."

In this context, what group Jesus is identifying? Why did they hate Him? How is this group represented in our day?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
What does Jesus mean when he says: "Whoever hates me hates my Father as well. If I had not done among them the works no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. As it is, they have seen, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated me without reason.’

Is unbelief in the atoning sacrifice of Christ considered hatred?

Does the mere mention of Christ often stir up contrariness and dissension?

What it means is that people who think of this sh*t have nothing better to do? All these ideas have been contrived by man not God.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
To be blunt, it means you have heard of God. That established a relationship by His terms. He is prepared for two groups, those already believers and those that go for further training before they are classified as believers.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Encouraged by this lets get a big tent, a band and a large collection plate.
Wait I can't sing.
The problem is not Christ its the hypocrites that claim to represent him.
Most of the religious crowd don't follow the teachings of anything except
what they personally think. Most don't think they follow the dogma of the
faith and therein lies the problem.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Encouraged by this lets get a big tent, a band and a large collection plate.
Wait I can't sing.
The problem is not Christ its the hypocrites that claim to represent him.
Most of the religious crowd don't follow the teachings of anything except
what they personally think. Most don't think they follow the dogma of the
faith and therein lies the problem.

Exactly, one of the best posts you've written. Not only are they hypocrites but they are very dishonest in pretending to have knowledge where no knowledge exists and invariably they put themselves on a plain above the plain of the people they are trying to brainwash, like if you do blah, blah, blah, you can be as good as me.