Col. Russell Williams due back in court

CBC News

House Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.cbc.ca
Admitted murderer and sexual stalker Col. Russell Williams is due back in Ontario Superior Court in Belleville, Ont., on Thursday for pre-trial motions over how the media can report on his upcoming sentencing.

More...

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Admitted murderer and sexual stalker Col. Russell Williams is due back in Ontario Superior Court in Belleville, Ont., on Thursday for pre-trial motions over how the media can report on his upcoming sentencing.

More...

Why would that be a problem? "The A$$hole will be hanged 7 days from today" would suit me. :lol:

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
There is an excellent family restaurant in Burlington, Ont. (at least there was when I lived there) named Russell Williams, on Plains Rd.

If it is still in business, I hope it won't suffer because of the co-incidental name.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
This is all so academic, he pleads guilty and gets twenty five years in prison. We hear a few
details and the file is sealed forever. What does not happen? We don't get to find out how
this creep got to the heights he did, without the military knowing what he was up to. We
have no idea what details remain unheard. This sick individual should should never get out of
prison

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I know a number of military people and a number in our family and I think they
all honour this country and their service saved our bacon in more than one
threat to our way of life. Suggesting the actions of Williams as something
normal is inaccurate and insulting. If you look at the careers of most of our
officers and service people, we have had very few problems compared with
many other countries. We as a military are respected around the world.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
I guess, his instinctive ability to plan, carry out and hide grisly crimes while portrayed in everyday life as honorable etc. You know...a `military man`.

Why would you make that ridiculous statement? :-(

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
I skimmed the news on that earlier today ... and it seems that during his interrogation, he was more upset about his dead cat, which he mentioned 3 times, than the people he murdered. How did someone like that rise to the level of seniority he had, and what criteria does the armed forces use to promote people?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I skimmed the news on that earlier today ... and it seems that during his interrogation, he was more upset about his dead cat, which he mentioned 3 times, than the people he murdered. How did someone like that rise to the level of seniority he had, and what criteria does the armed forces use to promote people?

He's just one of millions in the military. ABout 20 years ago near Vancouver there was a doctor (of middle eastern extract) who was completely morally bankrupt to the point of murdering a young girl. There are anomolies in every walk of life. Just check the family tree of British monarchy back a few generations and they pretty well covered the whole gamut. :lol:

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
He's just one of millions in the military. ABout 20 years ago near Vancouver there was a doctor (of middle eastern extract) who was completely morally bankrupt to the point of murdering a young girl. There are anomolies in every walk of life. Just check the family tree of British monarchy back a few generations and they pretty well covered the whole gamut. :lol:

True, but this guy was promoted through what I would think are some pretty stringent evaluations ... including psychological assessment. Somehow, he passed through all of them without being identified as sociopathic with deviant and murderous tendencies. Many functional people are sociopathic, and many sociopaths do not murder, but those that do should be identifiable with some pretty basic tests ... I would hope.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
He...missed his pussy (cat)?

According to a top shrink I saw interviewed this evening on CBC, he is or has paraphalia (?)

Yes, makes one wonder what training goes on in those camps.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Probably the same sort of training that's required to tar everybody who isn't like you with the same brush ... just like you do. It's not training. It's messed up wiring. Was Bernardo military?

Hey, Lone Wolf like you suggest, nut cases run rampant in every walk of life, it's just too bad they have to persist on here. :smile:

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
"Probably the same sort of training that's required to tar everybody who isn't like you with the same brush".....

So true. In other words, military types are trained to view the general population with indifference? That might certainly explain Williams mode of thought.

No, I don`t believe Bernado was military. Just your regular home-grown mis-fit.

I`m hearing this fellow Williams might recieve some special treatment tho, since he was a military man.

Straaange!

Probably the same sort of training that's required to tar everybody who isn't like you with the same brush ... just like you do. It's not training. It's messed up wiring. Was Bernardo military?

You DO know what *smiling* at inappropriate times mean, don`t-cha, JLM?

Hey, Lone Wolf like you suggest, nut cases run rampant in every walk of life, it's just too bad they have to persist on here. :smile:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
"Probably the same sort of training that's required to tar everybody who isn't like you with the same brush".....

So true. In other words, military types are trained to view the general population with indifference? That might certainly explain Williams mode of thought.

No, I don`t believe Bernado was military. Just your regular home-grown mis-fit.

I`m hearing this fellow Williams might recieve some special treatment tho, since he was a military man.

Straaange!

You DO know what *smiling* at inappropriate times mean, don`t-cha, JLM?
Why? Are you smiling?

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006

The wiring is messed up, true ... but Bernardo was identified as a loser by regular people in the community. He went from guy with an accounting accounting degree, to guy with a job and a future, to guy without a future, to guy without a job, to cigarette smuggler. He was identified as a man going no where except onto the street without a job. How did this other guy, with the same deviant personality, end up promoted repeatedly by the military and make it to the point where he's shaking hands with world leaders?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
[QUOTE

You DO know what *smiling* at inappropriate times mean, don`t-cha, JLM?[/QUOTE]

Inappropriate in whose opinion?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
The wiring is messed up, true ... but Bernardo was identified as a loser by regular people in the community. He went from guy with an accounting accounting degree, to guy with a job and a future, to guy without a future, to guy without a job, to cigarette smuggler. He was identified as a man going no where except onto the street without a job. How did this other guy, with the same deviant personality, end up promoted repeatedly by the military and make it to the point where he's shaking hands with world leaders?
He was one of the more clever ones ... of the same "salt-of-the-earth" character as my daughter-raping father-in-law.