Canada drops bid for UN Security Council seat

CBC News

House Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.cbc.ca
Canada has dropped its bid for a seat on the United Nations Security Council after coming behind Portugal in second ballot voting Tuesday in New York.

More...

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
I am waiting for CBC Power and Politics I hope that Evan Solomon gives the Conservative party a good what for.

Can you imagine that Trade Minister Peter Van Loan released a statement on increasing trade with Israel (which is good news) before a Muslim dominated UN Security Seat vote.

I am sure that the Conservative spin-doctors are working on putting the blame on Michael Ignatiaff the leader of the Liberal party

Just when you think the Conservatives party is going to get a majority another skeleton falls out of their closet.

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
Don't be holding your breath waiting for soloman to say anything bad about his buddy steve or any of his lackys
Too late,steve has already blamed Iggy,did anyone expect herr harper to take any responsibility ?Not this little black duck.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Good. This is not the Canada that should be influencing global affairs right now. Once the economists get out and libertarians move in, then we should be given a significant voice.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Just hope you can get back into the club again. It is getting time to replace the UN anyway. Would be nice to see a one world goverment, but that only happens in science fiction.