Canada vies for UN Security Council seat

CBC News

House Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.cbc.ca
Foreign Affairs Minister Lawrence Cannon spent Thanksgiving weekend campaigning at the UN for Canada, which is vying for a seat on the Security Council.

More...

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I really like this comment from anoni-moose:
Since their disastrous shift in policy regarding the middle east, they've impressed all the Muslim so states deeply I sure they'll vote for us.

After all the back room dealing in Kyoto II which actually watered down the proposed standards to be almost meaningless, I'm sure we've garnered many votes from this as well.

In a time of famine and great misery in Africa, they cut promised aid, endearing us all the more to the peoples of this continent.

When compromise or diplomacy is called for, they seek division or polarization driven by dogma. They curry favour/votes with the most blatant and deceitful methods be it at home or abroad. The stain they leave on Canada's honour will not soon wash out.

Yes siree, L'Empereur and His minions have done Canada proud, the world lays prostate at our feet....

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2010/10/11/un-canada-seat.html?ref=rss#ixzz128HiF9xC

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
DEAD LAST,in the first vote,doesn't that make your heart swell with pride ? How much did dead last cost ?