What kept you going in past recessions?

CBC News

House Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.cbc.ca
North American stock markets were still shaky Tuesday morning as eyes turned to efforts by central bankers to ease a credit crisis and head off an economic slump.
Toronto's S&P/TSX composite index was up by as many as 292 points in the first minutes of trading, but was tracing a zigzag course after a scary day on Monday.
On Monday, Canada's top economists suggested the country could be headed into a worse recession than anyone expected, one that could last until almost 2010.
Read full story.
What kept you going in past recessions? Share your economic slow-down memories.

More...

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
I started my first business just before the last recession and for some reason I had no problems.....got lucky I suppose.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
What kept you going in past recessions?
My recession-proof job.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
North American stock markets were still shaky Tuesday morning as eyes turned to efforts by central bankers to ease a credit crisis and head off an economic slump.
Toronto's S&P/TSX composite index was up by as many as 292 points in the first minutes of trading, but was tracing a zigzag course after a scary day on Monday.
On Monday, Canada's top economists suggested the country could be headed into a worse recession than anyone expected, one that could last until almost 2010.
Read full story.
What kept you going in past recessions? Share your economic slow-down memories.

More...

"On Monday, Canada's top economists suggested the country could be headed into a worse recession than anyone expected, one that could last until almost 2010."

Hundreds of thousands of people expected exactly this a year ago, two years ago, you failed to report it consistantly and deliberately and now you got the word "suggested" slithered in there. When are you going to do the job Canadians pay your useless selves for? I can get you the links to some very finely expressed and detailed predictions by Nobel winning economists, market analysts, some bankers even, but you (cbc) chose to ignor the evidence and interview neo-con fanatics and corporate thieves from the center of the empire. You're not really Canadian are you? I think when it's over we better have some trials.