What would it take to get you to switch from using a car to a bicycle?

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Just as soon as:

Every rich, fat, politician and corporate leech climbs on, I'm in.

Local bus and trains are re-introduced so we can go from small town to small town without a 6 hour wait in Ottawa or Toronto.

Small towns invest in local buses which run on time

The CBC gets a brain.

Looks like I"m carrin fer a bit.

8O

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Not wanting to pad the pockets of politicians and oil company CEOs drives me to bike instead of drive. Not wanting to die of a heart attack does too. And wanting some extra pocket money. Sure... it's not a complete switchover (I have yet to figure out how to get a giant jug of Tide home in my bike basket), but, it's a start.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
No car to switch from:-( No bike either! If the weather wasn't a problem,I'd love one of those electricbicycle hybrids..just to propel this old body up our steep hills]

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Not wanting to pad the pockets of politicians and oil company CEOs drives me to bike instead of drive. Not wanting to die of a heart attack does too. And wanting some extra pocket money. Sure... it's not a complete switchover (I have yet to figure out how to get a giant jug of Tide home in my bike basket), but, it's a start.

I have one of those kiddy trailer that attach to the rear of the Nuggcycle, Karrie. Carries loads like a bugger. Just a suggestion.

Wheeelinnug.

woops, that's Karrie with a K...........sorry

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I'm considering one of those for bigger trips. But, I have to go a lot more to justify it. Plus, more small trips is better for me than fewer big trips. So, it's a toss up.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
Why is everyone so eager to embrace this new poverty? Do we really want Canada to look like old photos of China where everyone is on a bike? It means that much to us to let our elite sell our oil to the USA that we are willing to do this? It's our oil people. There should be a push on to nationalize our reserves!

Anyway, I don't live in an urban centre so giving up a vehicle isn't an option - not that I would.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Why is everyone so eager to embrace this new poverty? Do we really want Canada to look like old photos of China where everyone is on a bike? It means that much to us to let our elite sell our oil to the USA that we are willing to do this? It's our oil people. There should be a push on to nationalize our reserves!

Anyway, I don't live in an urban centre so giving up a vehicle isn't an option - not that I would.

Uh-oh! There's that dirty "nationalize" word....

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I have never owned a GM vehicle, and I have never leased any vehicle whatsoever, so it doesn't make any difference to me.

The idea of renting a car for 2 or 3 years makes no sense to my wallet.