Do you think public pay toilets are a good idea?

CBC News

House Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.cbc.ca
Toronto is moving ahead with its plan to put a new generation of public toilets on city streets, despite the dismal experience an American city had with the same conveniences.
The Toronto toilets will cost a dollar to use, and each will automatically sterilize its own floors, sinks and toilets after use. They're part of outdoor advertising company Astral Media's bid to supply Toronto with $1 billion worth of street furniture over the next 20 years.
Read full story
Do you think public pay toilets are a good idea?

More...

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I think they're a fine idea, just not overly necessary in most North American cities.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I think they're a fine idea, just not overly necessary in most North American cities.

Ah what's up Karrie? How come the necessity to unload oneself is any less necessary in North American cities? I would have thought that our disgusting diets would make those evacuations all the more frequent and that in turn would necessitate greater facilitys for this purpoe.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Ah what's up Karrie? How come the necessity to unload oneself is any less necessary in North American cities? I would have thought that our disgusting diets would make those evacuations all the more frequent and that in turn would necessitate greater facilitys for this purpoe.

lol... the thing is that we have tons of facilities, and most are wide open... businesses don't guard them like they do in Europe. Paris was eye opening as to how lucky we are over here. There you use the facilities only if you're a customer. Many washrooms in public parks and tourist centers charge, despite being 'public'.