Were e-mails between the NHL's Bill Daly and ex-union boss Ted Saskin out of line?

CBC News

House Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.cbc.ca
The reportedly cozy relationship between NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly and former NHLPA boss Ted Saskin has come under scrutiny since the Toronto Star published leaked e-mail messages between the two that implied Saskin got help from the league in his fight against a dissident group of players that eventually ousted him.
Daly maintained on the heels of the report that the messages were innocent and there is nothing to hide from his dealings with Saskin, who was fired as executive director of the players' union last spring amid allegations he accessed the players' private e-mail accounts to gain information for his benefit.
What do you think? Were the e-mails out of line, or not? Should NHL players be concerned that the league may have been closely involved in a union matter, or is a friendly relationship between labour and management good for business? Send in your comments and have your say.

More...

William Ashley

Nov 2, 2005
Waterloo
here.no-ip.info
what are politics uncalled for when dealing with players that are trying to fire you?

I would say NO, but you should maybe do a better job and not get fired at the end of it (that is make the other guy look shakey too)

guess things suck what is done is done. how did this get on the CBC (guess it is big news to sports people.. )

personally you should be able to email whoever you'd like to email and ask for their support, as long as they arn't breaking some law etc.. (or breaking guidelines of their job.. I don't see how this does it..

of course seeing as he was ousted me supporting his actions seems the questionable activity there to.. but really I hope the best came out of it for both the players and the guy as really who needs a crappy life, don't we all deserve a good life.