Ottawa to announce $3.4B Boeing cargo plane deal

CBC News

House Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.cbc.ca
Ottawa will announce Friday that it has reached a multibillion-dollar deal with Boeing Corp. to buy C-17 military cargo planes, CBC News has learned.

More...

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Wait till we actually take delivery and see what they cost. Bout bleeding time. Won't have to hitch a ride from the yanks anymore.

ABSOLUTELY!

And, Thank God the gov't is not spending all the money in Quebec............Quebec has absolutely no use for the military, unless they are making money off it.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Heh, maybe they'll have them in time when I graduate university and apply to the Air force:clock:

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
Why not apply now? Would the military not pick up some of your costs? Was not an officer so have no idea how the edumacation thingy works for the non-working types.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
If I was to go to RMC, I'd be there longer, because of the degrees and majors they offer. I think there is some way where I can apply and be an officer cadet while still remaining at my school, but I haven't been able to find an adequate explanation. I have considered going to RMC, but I want to get out of school as quick as possible. As it stands now, it might even be the same time table, as my school only offers the required courses on a fixed schedule, so I have to wait til they are available to take my core required courses. I'm full on electives now, and I'm only taking 3 classes this semester.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
the federal deal hinges on Boeing pledging to spend an amount equal to the purchase price on projects in Canada
I wonder if that means they wouldn't have anyways.

:grommit: