New Party needed in the centre now seriously

centristparty

Feb 12, 2011
Hi, I am someone who believes the best way to reform Canada is to create a movement that is strong in the centre is to make sure we have a party on the centre to centre-right which is moderate conservative, for social justice, for maintaining health and education and doing conservatism right by following the British model of conservatism which is lower taxes, a moderate social safety net, following the old Progressive Conservative party, using strategies that the Europeans have followed for their conservative parties and this is the best way to revive centrism and moderate conservatism for Canada. In this way, Canada can finally have a party which is centre to centre-right that can speak for the majority of Canadians. The party is on facebook and we need 250 members to start and then this party I believe could be huge.

It is called the Centrist Party of Canada on facebook. Also, this is the way to follow the traditions which made Canada good like peacekeeping, health and education for those who cannot afford it and to maintain the social order. If Canada followed the old PC party then it would be good. It needs a good name and the Centrist Party of Canada is that party. Thank you and I look forward to comments about what I just wrote.

Also, since the Liberals are going to merge probably this is needed and we are looking for those who want to unite red tories and blue liberals. This would help bring Canada back to normality.

centristparty

Feb 12, 2011
We already have that. A whole pile.
well i check out sites there is no centre to centre-right party and check out facebook and see someone who heads the Centrist Party of Canada. You will see that it can exist if people want to make a moderate conservative party that combines liberal conservatism, right-centrism, social progressive policies, social conservative policies, law and order policies and policies that are for true fiscal responsibility where we focus on essential programs.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Hi, I am someone who believes the best way to reform Canada is to create a movement that is strong in the centre is to make sure we have a party on the centre to centre-right which is moderate conservative, for social justice, for maintaining health and education and doing conservatism right by following the British model of conservatism which is lower taxes, a moderate social safety net, following the old Progressive Conservative party, using strategies that the Europeans have followed for their conservative parties and this is the best way to revive centrism and moderate conservatism for Canada. In this way, Canada can finally have a party which is centre to centre-right that can speak for the majority of Canadians. The party is on facebook and we need 250 members to start and then this party I believe could be huge.

It is called the Centrist Party of Canada on facebook. Also, this is the way to follow the traditions which made Canada good like peacekeeping, health and education for those who cannot afford it and to maintain the social order. If Canada followed the old PC party then it would be good. It needs a good name and the Centrist Party of Canada is that party. Thank you and I look forward to comments about what I just wrote.

Also, since the Liberals are going to merge probably this is needed and we are looking for those who want to unite red tories and blue liberals. This would help bring Canada back to normality.

The centre of the Canadian political spectrum is well covered by the existing parties.

As well, I suspect the Liberals will be back with a vengence in 4 years...........the NDP are simply going to look silly, they are not going to do much for Quebec, and I think their seat count will be halved, with it all going to a resurgent Liberal Party.

I hope so.

When the Conservatives piss me off, I need someone to vote for.....NOT the NDP.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
When the Conservatives piss me off, I need someone to vote for.....NOT the NDP.
It's not going to take long. You'll have 3.9 years to kill.

well i check out sites there is no centre to centre-right party and check out facebook and see someone who heads the Centrist Party of Canada. You will see that it can exist if people want to make a moderate conservative party that combines liberal conservatism, right-centrism, social progressive policies, social conservative policies, law and order policies and policies that are for true fiscal responsibility where we focus on essential programs.
Did you try this site? There is a really good thread that fully explains what political left and right really are.

Enjoy the read.

PoscStudent

May 2, 2011
Why not become part of the Conservative Party? Harper cannot push hard right policies if he has a large number of moderate MPs, like was just elected in Ontario. Then when he retires the centrist conservatives can have their own candidate for the party.

Or you could join the Liberal Party and help re-build it and push for them to be more right of centre, like they have been before, on economic policies.

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
we have to accept that the center stage for Canada has to move left or right as well as stand their ground.

For example, we need to move right to improve our debt, and we may need to move left to preserve our healthcare.

we might want to stand our ground on immigration policy.

on the otherhand, rising costs is the biggest concern for healthcare, so moving too far to the left could kill our healthcare faster than staying with the Harper government.