It Prediction Time For Tomorrow

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
We have all had our say and sometimes things change during an election campaign.
I am not saying we all are more or less knowledgeable if we get it wrong because this
is an election based on logic, the illogical, facts, and sometimes pure emotion. Its like
a mystery thriller with all kinds of plots, twists, vote splitting and more.
here is our chance to put it on the record, who will win? Will there be a Majority or not?
And how many seats will each party get by evenings end on election night?
Here is my prediction

conservative 135

New Democrats 108

Liberals 57

Bloc 8

The NDP will make gains in the Atlantic region, they will hammer the Bloc and the
Tories in Quebec, and there will be gains in Ontario as well. On the Prairie the
NDP will take some in Manitoba and Saskatchewan. British Columbia will see them
make gains in some of the interior riding's they once held like Kamloops and they will
take from the Liberals in the Lower Mainland.
Conservatives will hold their own and take some in BC from the Liberals.
The Liberal Party of Canada will implode under the current leadership they have nowhere
to grow and everything to lose. The Bloc will face the wrath of the voters in Quebec.
I have in laws in that Province and almost everyone is voting NDP in an angry anti Tory
Liberal vote, and they are not at all happy with the Bloc these days.
Anyway pick it apart and lets hear your prediction.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I predict there will be a whole lot of gloating & sour grapes both after the
results are in after tomorrow's election results are in. What will (or at
least might be so...) be different is that the election results might not be
decided before the four western most provinces have had supper (or in
many cases, even lunch).

I voted nine days ago, so the election wasn't (for all intents & purposes)
over before I had a chance to cast my ballot this time.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
You guys make a cute couple.

arob

Nominee Member
The conservatives will win a slight victory... but then... the NDP and Liberals will NOT support it !,they will argue, as is their right, that 2/3rds of the nation voted against these guys and they will form a coalition !. They will form our next government (without Bloc which is now meaningless even in Quebec) and Stephen Harper won't support it, and THEN the governor general will make a decision two days after another scandal and Stephen Harper will lose face, and lose the confidence of the party, as leader. And he will disappear forever into the annals of Canadian history.

weaselwords

Electoral Member
Nov 10, 2009
salisbury's tavern
I'm not going to predict seats, however what will happen will be a Conserative government for close to four years, supported by a rump of blue Liberals (led by Ralph Goodale & Domenic LeBlanc) who'd rather throw their lot in with Harper than with Layton.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
The conservatives will win a slight victory... but then... the NDP and Liberals will NOT support it !,they will argue, as is their right, that 2/3rds of the nation voted against these guys and they will form a coalition !. They will form our next government (without Bloc which is now meaningless even in Quebec) and Stephen Harper won't support it, and THEN the governor general will make a decision two days after another scandal and Stephen Harper will lose face, and lose the confidence of the party, as leader. And he will disappear forever into the annals of Canadian history.

Whatever you're smoking, send Unforgiven some.... :)

I quit years ago......

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I predict a slim majority by the conservatives, an NDP opposition and both the Bloc and the Libs will be crying.

Numbers? I don't know. If Justin Trudeau gets beaten out of his riding that will be worth the price of admission.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow. Let democracy reign for Canada.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
This is always fun. I enjoy making predictions even thought I never come close.

Here goes - Conservatives 130
NDP 100
Liberals 53
Bloc 35

I suspect that as usual the NDP polling results will not reflect the actual number of votes directed toward the party. However, if the Obama effect kicks in the NDP could really surprise.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
This is always fun. I enjoy making predictions even thought I never come close.

Here goes - Conservatives 130
NDP 100
Liberals 53
Bloc 35

I suspect that as usual the NDP polling results will not reflect the actual number of votes directed toward the party. However, if the Obama effect kicks in the NDP could really surprise.

I am always wrong as well.... :)