Gee, I thought Canadians didn't want an election forced on them......

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Advanced polls broke an all time record of people that clearly didn't want this election.

2008 saw about 1.5 million people vote in advance polls.

This time over two million people who didn't want an election voted.

Sorry Steve, but it seems Canadians like democracy afterall.:lol:

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I think it would be a bit of stretch to say the populace wanted this election. The way I see, people are punishing both the conservatives and liberals for this election. The conservatives for their deceit and the liberals for their arrogance and sense of entitlement.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I think the people who did NOT want this election were the Conservatives and the Liberals.

I think the voters would like to have a government that is ethical and productive.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Advanced polls broke an all time record of people that clearly didn't want this election.

2008 saw about 1.5 million people vote in advance polls.

This time over two million people who didn't want an election voted.

Sorry Steve, but it seems Canadians like democracy afterall.:lol:

MMMM

Usually, high voter turnout is NOT good news for incumbents.......we'll see, but I am becoming afraid....very afraid.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
I think it would be a bit of stretch to say the populace wanted this election. The way I see, people are punishing both the conservatives and liberals for this election. The conservatives for their deceit and the liberals for their arrogance and sense of entitlement.

The deciet was the reason for the elections.....perhaps people took notice of it, something I didn't think would happen.

Perhaps people don't think bankers should get a break, perhaps they don't think we need to buy jets ate whatever cost right now, perhaps they don't want to give corporations a tax cut, perhaps they want more doctors, perhaps they want investment in education, perhaps they want support for the middle class instead of the top 5%, perhaps they care about the environment, perhaps they care about farmers.....perhaps they care about a platform.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Better hide your guns....Jack is coming for them.

Better hide your sanity....Jack wants to open constitutional talks with Quebec...

Is he NUTS?????

:)

And, thank you, I'll be staying armed. Although Jack will be after more guns.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
MMMM

Usually, high voter turnout is NOT good news for incumbents.......we'll see, but I am becoming afraid....very afraid.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
MMMM

Hang in there Colpy........it ain't over till it's over and this is a long way from over yet. Jack's rise in popularity is a hurting the Libs and Bloc much more than our Conservatives - so far. I still believe that we will take the day and that Jack may just take his place in history as the opposition. Looks sooooooooo good on Ignatieff.

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
People didn't want an election..Wasn't necessary, unless of course ....The Governments trying to cover something up....or ..maybe distract the people for something else going on
"They" Know something we Don't...!..;).
Well..I know something...Next election might see us with 3 new leaders...

And something else...

Is all Governmental Insanity.This Democrazy!..:)))..

= Same Result..( more or less)